How to remove dust inside Marantz Amp PM5005

kvandhi

I have purchased 5 years back marantz PM5005 amplifier. The dust accumulated inside unit is heavy now ,. Still no issue with performance.

How to clean the dust inside the amp. Any method . Please share

I have purchased 5 years back marantz PM5005 amplifier. The dust accumulated inside unit is heavy now ,. Still no issue with performance.

I used to suggest removing the boards and then scrubbing them with a mixture of baking soda and water with a old tooth brush. I used to actually do the same with my components.

But I've stopped suggesting the above, after my dac died due to excessive scrubbing 🤣.

So now I use a vacuum cleaner to blow air. But i put my hand at the hose to avoid a full blast of air. But if you don't have a vacuum cleaner, then we get air spray cans and hand pumps on amazon which basically do the same. And while you are at it, there is no harm in spraying some contact cleaner ( Deoxit D5 ) on the boards and from inside the volume control knobs and other knobs too. But wait for a few minutes before powering the whole thing up. All the best :)

I have used vaccum cleaner blower a couple of times (my own risk), worked fine. Just maintain some distance as too close there is a chance that the excess air might de solder some wire. One good general practice that you can adopt is keep the vents covered with thick cloth when the unit is not in use and has cooled down after operation. This works good for humid (near the sea) as well as dusty areas. Also helpful in maintaining the exterior of the system/unit. If you have slight doubt on this method of cleaning please take advice of a audio professional.

I use this to remove dust from my PC and use it for my work too, blowing the dust out after cleaning, has been working flawlessly since 2016, this might work great for cleaning dust out of an amp

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back