hsu vtf2mk3 noise.....

manu4panjab

hey brothers

today i just watched kung-fu panda and in the end where panda do wushu finger thing there's a biiiiig low bass and during that scene when i put my ears close to subwoofer i heard tuk tuk tuk noise is that cabinet noise or port noise and why is this happening is my sub damage i listen to -15db totall volume is -80db to+12 db though i'm -15db less than reference level i only hear that tuk tuk tuk during this scene not any other movie scene tuk tuk tuk tuk noise is like its coming from vtf2mk3 inside ,subwoofer dial is at 9'0clock and in avr sub level is -8.5 i can only hear that tuktkuktuk noise when i put my ears close to its cabinet it won't hear on my seating area so is that natural thing or not

kinda scared please help

Last edited:
Firstly, careful with your ears mate:).

Could the "tuk tuk tuk" be the noise made by the bass port finisher/flange vibrating? Can you check if it has come loose?

hey brothers

to i just watched kung-fu panda and in the end where panda do wushu finger thing there's a biiiiig low bass and during that scene when i put my ears close to subwoofer i heard tuk tuk tuk noise is that cabinet noise or port noise and why is this happening is my sub damage i listen to -15db totall volume is -80db to+12 db though i'm -15db less than reference level i only hear that tuk tuk tuk during this scene not any other movie scene tuk tuk tuk tuk noise is like its coming from vtf2mk3 inside

kinda scared please help

if you put your ear close the subwoofer during the wushu finger scene.. then is it possible that the sound you heard was the brains rattling inside your head?

it's unlikely that your subwoofer is unloading, but just to be on the safe side, put it in SPL mode (assuming it is in extension mode)and run the same track. any difference?

my view is that it would something outside the cabinet. deep bass notes tends to cause resonance in seemingly solid objects such as doors, cupboards etc. when I run a 30hz sine on my sub, the front door rattling is so audible, it seems louder than the bass note

you have your older subs around, you may want to check those also.

cheers

Kapil

Last edited:
Firstly, careful with your ears mate:).

Could the "tuk tuk tuk" be the noise made by the bass port finisher/flange vibrating? Can you check if it has come loose?

bro i guess its something inside the cabinet that produce noise iwill check again and see what is the voice came from

if you put your ear close the subwoofer during the wushu finger scene.. then is it possible that the sound you heard was the brains rattling inside your head?

it's unlikely that your subwoofer is unloading, but just to be on the safe side, put it in SPL mode (assuming it is in extension mode)and run the same track. any difference?

my view is that it would something outside the cabinet. deep bass notes tends to cause resonance in seemingly solid objects such as doors, cupboards etc. when I run a 30hz sine on my sub, the front door rattling is so audible, it seems louder than the bass note

you have your older subs around, you may want to check those also.

cheers

Kapil

yaar i have already check doors not rattling though i put my sub on 6inch high diy subriser i'll see what made noise i'll reply later but i'm damm sure its inside the vtf2mk3 cabinet

guys now i told my wife to put weight with her both hands on top of subwoofer and pressure on it downside i then agaian play that scene and no noise it means may be the diy subriser i built make noise or may be the sub is on diy subriser shakes or sub itself shakesdon't know what it is but whenever i put wieght on subwoofer the noise gone completely ??

Last edited:
If the noice is present while the movie is played,chance is that it is Background low sound.It shld not be present when Sub is on,but nothing is played.

If the noice is present while the movie is played,chance is that it is Background low sound.It shld not be present when Sub is on,but nothing is played.

no sir now i told my wife to put weight with her both hands on top of subwoofer and pressure on it downside i then agaian play that scene and no noise it means may be the diy subriser i built make noise or may be the sub is on diy subrise which shakes don't know what it is but whenever i put wieght on subwoofer the noise gone completely ??

A different suggestion-

Sub can be used as a seat to watch mov & no prob with vibration.:D

Joke apart, a proper weight OR a show piece can be the choice.

Last edited:
sorry manu.. for posting this here..this is unrelated to topic.. i just wanted to share the experience of a similar sub (vtf3 mk3) w.r.t. to quick and actual bass reproduction ..
I happen to have the clip "Whenever Wherever" of Shakira's live performance from the Oral Fixation Tour in DTS..
The bass reproduction is amazing especially the last part when she thanks the audience and the drums are played really quick like 8-10 beats in a second.. and i could feel each bass as big thumping boom out of the sub.. even i could feel the vibration in my walls..
The HSU subs are really amazing..
Thanks santosh and venkat for helping me get this..
special thanks to sharath-audire for bringing HSU in india

Last edited:
sorry manu.. for posting this here..this is unrelated to topic.. i just wanted to share the experience of a similar sub (vtf3 mk3) w.r.t. to quick and actual bass reproduction ..
I happen to have the clip "Whenever Wherever" of Shakira's live performance from the Oral Fixation Tour in DTS..
The bass reproduction is amazing especially the last part when she thanks the audience and the drums are played really quick like 8-10 beats in a second.. and i could feel each bass as big thumping boom out of the sub.. even i could feel the vibration in my walls..
The HSU subs are really amazing..
Thanks santosh and venkat for helping me get this..
special thanks to sharath-audire for bringing HSU in india

Hey Jay, glad you are enjoying the HSU mate:). Do post a detailed review when you get a chance.

guys now i told my wife to put weight with her both hands on top of subwoofer and pressure on it downside i then agaian play that scene and no noise it means may be the diy subriser i built make noise or may be the sub is on diy subriser shakes or sub itself shakesdon't know what it is but whenever i put wieght on subwoofer the noise gone completely ??
Manu, a relief that it is not the sub. Can we see a pic of your subriser? Did you try removing the subriser or moving the sub elsewhere (if the subriser is fixed)?

Manu, a relief that it is not the sub. Can we see a pic of your subriser? Did you try removing the subriser or moving the sub elsewhere (if the subriser is fixed)?

i also do that and also when unplugging it and by knocking it with hands i can still hear that strange noise inside the cabinet i guess something inside the cabinet is loose i also email to sharath and he told me he'll email first to pete hsu and then we can work out whatever he'll say

yes, mass loading of either speakers or subs reduce the vibrations or looseness. put some heavy load on the top of the sub and play the track one more time to guess.

u r right whenevr i put pressure with hands on top of sub i plat bass heavy scene no stange noise juts plaing simple distortion free sub guess i have to put some permanent weight on it can you sugeest what kind pf weight should i put on it

Hi manu,

My first impression was that a mouse( say Jerry) had made a home in your sub and was complaining because you played it too loud.Otherwise who else will do this tuk tuk tuk.? :)

no bro my room is free of jerry's :D

hi,

good that you don't have jerrys at your home. But beware! they are too smart. I had a nice pair of panasonic book shelves. One such jerry entered into the bass reflex port of it. MY dog did not like it at all and vowed to kill the mouse. In the process, the speaker became a history. I got it repaired from official servicing center but it never sounded like original.:sad:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back