Ht budget 40K

For avr alone budget 60-70k?
Can buy new AVR and for speakers you can take pre-owned route as technologically, it doesn't change much in speakers but lots of things keeps happening in electronics. Infact IMHO used speakers sound much better than the new ones. Hence new AVR with old speakers would be my suggestion.

Can buy new AVR and for speakers you can take pre-owned route as technologically, it doesn't change much in speakers but lots of things keeps happening in electronics. Infact IMHO used speakers sound much better than the new ones. Hence new AVR with old speakers would be my suggestion.
Lol that was a question for the OT not me asking suggestion

The Yamaha YHT-1840 is good to start with for beginners. The AVR is decent (HTR 2071) and so as the speaker's package (NS 40). However the Subwoofer is passive, so you might have to get some amplifier board (available in Amazon) to boost the thump. You can upgrade the speakers in a phased manner when you have some extra cash.

Any suggestions on a simple amp plus a floorstanding speaker pair which i can use to play music from mobiles as also connect my smart tv plus use a pendeive...i use no other input source...eg no use of cd

Wi fi/ bluetooth is a must...frankly i am not too much of a equipment fan...hence dont really require a complicated multi speaker combo with add on options...but looking for any amp which can give good music with goid treble and bass range ...room size is 10 by 15 feet

Was in almost a similar scenario like you a few months before. I waited for a few months weighing pros and cons. Take your time and go slow. Although it's obvious that once you are bitten by the bug, it's hard to resist. Still, you might end up spending much more than whatever you intend to if you don't start right.
As a start, check out with all the dealers you can. They are sure to have some used AVRs at bargain prices. Try to get one within 20k. It's better and easier to change the driver than the car itself! And then start with a 2.0 setup as the basic ingredients for music listening. There are lots of good options within 25k. A floor stander delivers a bigger soundstage for music - although it is debatable. Then add the center, surrounds and sub as and when you can. But, I'd suggest that the center speaker should be the best single component in your entire setup. Yes, even better than the surrounds. If you want to have the surround experiences right away, nothing better than the TAGA 506/606. You can also consider the Polk Audio TL1600 - a very good VFM. Should cost you around 32-34K. But you'll have to make some concessions on refinement, dialogues and distortions.
Hi, sorry to jump in but could you compare TL1600 to ELAC cinema 5.

I have not heard the Elac Cinema 5 but as per reviews, sounds good for a smallish room.
TL 1600 is a vfm product and is suited for a smallish room also. But honestly speaking, I personally did not like it when auditioned. It was too shrill and the sound lacked refinement. But again it was my personal observations and you can not complain about the price to performance ratio!
Between these two, my vote would go to the Elac.

Hi,
Elac Cinema 5 is really a good one.
When auditioned Polk TL1600, I felt Polk's sub sounded punchier better than Elac's.
But as a package I felt Elac was better sounding, crisp and clear. So I went with Elac Cinema 5.
I would definitely recommend Elac Cinema 5 to start with.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back