HT in a small 10x12 room at around Rs 3.5L

Don't they? I don't know. I have many swearing by Klipsch sound and dynamics. I can't stand them though since they are too bright for my taste. They can go ear bleedingly loud for sure, which I don't prefer.

I have seen 3-4 setups with Klipsch. But none of them are installed professionally or use their top teir speakers.

May be you're right considering they are too bright for most of the folks, ymmv.

Home audio Klipsch is unimpressive.

Pro/Heritage is awesome, at least the horn loaded variants are. Check out the new Heritage Jubilee, warning : it's not cheap.

Avoid GoldenEar as they are so so according to me & have major Distributor issues(frequent changes) in India which might lead to bad service in the future.
Oh, yes. Noticed this. Used to be Bombay company, and now it's a Delhi company.
Yes.. even I have heard about goldenear service issue.
Say, the dealership changes hands again, and the speakers develop some issue. Will the new dealer refuse to help with service?

Oh, yes. Noticed this. Used to be Bombay company, and now it's a Delhi company.

Say, the dealership changes hands again, and the speakers develop some issue. Will the new dealer refuse to help with service?

Depends on dealer and their relationship with the speaker company.

Why would you need service for a speaker unless your worried about damaging the drivers? Theres not much to go wrong except the drivers and XO.

Klipsch are synonymous with HT. Signature HT sound. Like some of those JBLs. Check if they are too bright for you.
Didn't find them too bright. That's also been my experience with the other speakers from the RP series. So am very much willing to live with these speakers.
Have you checked The Airmotivs? That's some great sounding speakers for the price. But beware, they are bulky.
Did like them and seriously consider them. To the extent that I almost bought them as I was getting T1+ and C1+ at a very good price too. But on sleeping over it, the only issue I realised was that space will become a serious problem in my room. And then, the India dealer finally made the decision for me by jacking up the price :D

Don't they? I don't know. I have many swearing by Klipsch sound and dynamics. I can't stand them though since they are too bright for my taste. They can go ear bleedingly loud for sure, which I don't prefer.

I have seen 3-4 setups with Klipsch. But none of them are installed professionally or use their top teir speakers.

May be you're right considering they are too bright for most of the folks, ymmv.
That's cheap strategy to trick innocent buyers.
:(

The woofer is low sensitivity and the hf is high sensitivity.
They mention in room sensitivity.
The frequency response is an upward slope.( That's why they are bright) objective data = subjective opinion.

And the sensitivity is of the hf driver.

Anyone with decent knowledge of speaker building knows this very well.

Klipsch exposed.
Sorry Klipsch fans. ( please, No arguments unless you measure your speaker and share the graphs)

Klipsch can be okay after calibration. But after calibration the sensitivity is similar to any other regular floor Stander.

I take your word. You are an installer, so must know a thing or two.

I like the sound of Wharfedale and QA a lot ( too warm? ). But I have only heard stereo setups with Wharfs. QA kicks well for both stereo and ht.

IndiQ has also piqued my interest. But haven't heard them though their place is only 20 mins from my home.

Didn't find them too bright. That's also been my experience with the other speakers from the RP series. So am very much willing to live with these speakers.

Did like them and seriously consider them. To the extent that I almost bought them as I was getting T1+ and C1+ at a very good price too. But on sleeping over it, the only issue I realised was that space will become a serious problem in my room. And then, the India dealer finally made the decision for me by jacking up the price :D
They are really good speakers. I haven't heard one bad thing about them. Bold design, though. But the pricing. .

That's cheap strategy to trick innocent buyers.
:(

The woofer is low sensitivity and the hf is high sensitivity.
They mention in room sensitivity.
The frequency response is an upward slope.( That's why they are bright) objective data = subjective opinion.

And the sensitivity is of the hf driver.

Anyone with decent knowledge of speaker building knows this very well.

Klipsch exposed.
Sorry Klipsch fans. ( please, No arguments unless you measure your speaker and share the graphs)

Klipsch can be okay after calibration. But after calibration the sensitivity is similar to any other regular floor Stander.
I get all this, ATAS.
But then what else do I have?
There are still a couple of options left, provided I can audition them.
But if all else fails, I am very much prepared to live with Klipsch, despite knowing well what they do with their numbers.
There just isn't any other option around for my requirements.
Thanks for your inputs, though.
Regards

This thread is pouring so much informations.
Some of my thoughts as follows.
The first important thing is Room Planning & placement decision.
Your Room dominates what you are hearing .So passive & active correction is very important to achieve a great sound.
The 3 d drawing is impressive .Based on your 3d drawing it seems because of the door opening ,it may become hinderance to keep Front speakers as per recommend spec.( 30 degree horizontal from the listener)
To have good soundstage your Front should be widened more. Is it possible to reorient the Front screen to the rear side of wall ,so that you have more space .If this is not possible then you can think ,option of having movable Front speakers using wheels / suitable provisions etc.
For your room size 5.1.2 will be better.
Always stick to the Speaker placement specs/ guidelines.Refer Dolby Atmos guidelines.

After this comes your choice of speakers & gears.You can select it based on your likings and budget .
If budget permits add M&K sound ,MJ acoustics speakers in your list.

Also check for Emotiva Airmotiv series ,Xtz spirit series speakers which may fall in your budget.

Go for AVR with preout options,so that in future you can add Power amp if required.

Finally Go for a better subwoofer .
Best of luck.

Last edited:
This thread is pouring so much informations.
Some of my thoughts as follows.
The first important thing is Room Planning & placement decision.
Your Room dominates what you are hearing .So passive & active correction is very important to achieve a great sound.
The 3 d drawing is impressive .Based on your 3d drawing it seems because of the door opening ,it may become hinderance to keep Front speakers as per recommend spec.( 30 degree horizontal from the listener)
To have good soundstage your Front should be widened more. Is it possible to reorient the Front screen to the rear side of wall ,so that you have more space .If this is not possible then you can think ,option of having movable Front speakers using wheels / suitable provisions etc.
thanks for your info, bro.
The layout has changed along the way, as I mentioned earlier. Planning to move the door to aid better placement on the same wall as before.
Attaching again here.

For your room size 5.1.2 will be better.
Always stick to the Speaker placement specs/ guidelines.Refer Dolby Atmos guidelines.
4 atmos will be overkill for this room?

After this comes your choice of speakers & gears.You can select it based on your likings and budget .
If budget permits add M&K sound ,MJ acoustics speakers in your list.
Thanks for these recos. Will add. MJ does only subwoofers?

Also check for Emotiva Airmotiv series ,Xtz spirit series speakers which may fall in your budget.
Unable to get a demo of the XTZs. But have heard good things about them, yes. Did like the Airmotivs. But as I mentioned earlier, I have serious doubts about having FS in the room after trying a mock up in a same sized room with smaller desktop speakers.
After that, I had decided on either satellites or on-wall LCRs.
Now the hunt is on for some decent on-wall LCRs + surrounds within the budget.
Have shortlisted the GoldenEat Supersat50s and the Klipsch RP640Ds for LCR. But still exploring something more economical on-walls than these two.
Also on the list are: Monitor Radius 225, PSB Imagine, and the Taga Diamond or Azure on-walls. But haven't been able to score auditions for these.
Hopefully the search ends soon.

Go for AVR with preout options,so that in future you can add Power amp if required.
Yup, that's the plan.
Finally Go for a better subwoofer .
As things stand, subwoofer hunt looks to be far, far away :D
Best of luck.
Thanks again, bro for the kind suggestions.

Attachments

• hfv.jpg
    hfv.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 36
But as I mentioned earlier, I have serious doubts about having FS in the room after trying a mock up in a same sized room with smaller desktop speakers.
Have shortlisted the GoldenEat Supersat50s and the Klipsch RP640Ds for LCR. But still exploring something more economical on-walls than these two.
Also on the list are: Monitor Radius 225, PSB Imagine, and the Taga Diamond or Azure on-walls. But haven't been able to score auditions for these.
People have FS in room smaller than yours. In fact I'm gonna place my FS in 10x11 room.
Unless you have space constraints, nothing is stopping you from having a FS. However, since its a HT setup and you will be getting a subwoofer anyways there is no need for a FS provided you get a good LCR which can cover above the cut off frequency effortlessly at desired SPL.

People have FS in room smaller than yours. In fact I'm gonna place my FS in 10x11 room.
Unless you have space constraints, nothing is stopping you from having a FS. However, since its a HT setup and you will be getting a subwoofer anyways there is no need for a FS provided you get a good LCR which can cover above the cut off frequency effortlessly at desired SPL.
I know, even I was bold enough to explore that route in the beginning.
But after picking up the TV and setting up a basic pair threw up two problems: first was of course the real estate, and second, the distance to MLP also was too less.
Above all, there's a work desk that I will have to accommodate in the room.

I know, even I was bold enough to explore that route in the beginning.
But after picking up the TV and setting up a basic pair threw up two problems: first was of course the real estate, and second, the distance to MLP also was too less.
Above all, there's a work desk that I will have to accommodate in the room.
Understood. The work desk within the same room makes it bit complicated.
You can use the same TV as monitor if you like so tat you can simply remove the work desk altogether :p

FS when listened from a closer distance may not provide coherent sound.
Depends on the number of drivers it has.

General rule of thumb: sit at least 5x far from the speaker, with 'x'being the distance between the top most and bottom most driver.

thanks for your info, bro.
The layout has changed along the way, as I mentioned earlier. Planning to move the door to aid better placement on the same wall as before.
Attaching again here.

4 atmos will be overkill for this room?

Thanks for these recos. Will add. MJ does only subwoofers?

Unable to get a demo of the XTZs. But have heard good things about them, yes. Did like the Airmotivs. But as I mentioned earlier, I have serious doubts about having FS in the room after trying a mock up in a same sized room with smaller desktop speakers.

Yup, that's the plan.

As things stand, subwoofer hunt looks to be far, far away :D

Thanks again, bro for the kind suggestions.
4 heights will be possible .For your room size Front heights and Rear heights may suit the angles .
MJ has Bookshelf type speakers too.
Subwoofer is really important over which all sounds sits on it.

4 heights will be possible .For your room size Front heights and Rear heights may suit the angles .
Thanks, that's what I am hoping for, too, as things stand.
The two rear heights will be 2 feet away from the rear wall.
The fronts, another 4 feet further up.
With the side surrounds on the sidewalls, equidistant from the heights, and a couple of feet above seated head level.
(Like attached)

My only worry is that the sounds from all these speakers shouldn't muddy the final output/experience at listening position, but I guess it could be made to work and a battle for another day, anyway :D
Regards

Attachments

• atmos.jpg
    atmos.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 30
Understood. The work desk within the same room makes it bit complicated.
You can use the same TV as monitor if you like so tat you can simply remove the work desk altogether :p
Hahahaahha!
Do you think one really wants to look at work stuff on a 65-inch monitor :D

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back