HT in a small 10x12 room at around Rs 3.5L

Thanks, that's what I am hoping for, too, as things stand.
The two rear heights will be 2 feet away from the rear wall.
The fronts, another 4 feet further up.
With the side surrounds on the sidewalls, equidistant from the heights, and a couple of feet above seated head level.
(Like attached)

My only worry is that the sounds from all these speakers shouldn't muddy the final output/experience at listening position, but I guess it could be made to work and a battle for another day, anyway :D
Regards
Your Top Front & Top Rear speakers looks to be too close .
The best possible placement is 45 degree on either side from your ear heights .( Say for example - Ur ceiling height is 10 feet ,then the distance between ur ears and ceiling will be approx 7 feet ( 10' ceiling height-3' ear height) so you should place ur ceiling speakers 7' apart from your listening position on either side. ( Based on ur layout Top front can be done ,but Top rear placement will go out of spec ( even if you consider 30 degree angle) .
So IMO Front heights & Rear heights installed on wall may work .

Your Top Front & Top Rear speakers looks to be too close .
The best possible placement is 45 degree on either side from your ear heights .( Say for example - Ur ceiling height is 10 feet ,then the distance between ur ears and ceiling will be approx 7 feet ( 10' ceiling height-3' ear height) so you should place ur ceiling speakers 7' apart from your listening position on either side. ( Based on ur layout Top front can be done ,but Top rear placement will go out of spec ( even if you consider 30 degree angle) .
So IMO Front heights & Rear heights installed on wall may work .
Argh. Will try the options.
Thanks a ton.

There is no way I can start this post any other way. So, please indulge me.
When I first posted here, I had no clue about forums, especially this one. I really didn't know what to expect. Today, I am glad to report it all went fabulously well. :) And it was all down only to the kindness of the many FMs who were willing to share their time. So, in no particular order, big thanks to:

@raghupb, @Love4sound, @amrutmhatre90, @Naturelover, @Nitin K, @argho, @liverpool_for_life, @hpdinesh, and @Silencer for always being there, from day 1 till now, be it on threads or PM.

@insane79, @Jayaesh1, @Donivlapog and @Indranil Sen for all the visual clarity :D

@Vivek Batra for the ever-ready humour and sharp advice. Wishing you the best in your project, sir.

@Yogesh, for the great effort on the streaming database; I am very sure it will keep growing and become a key resource here as that industry evolves.

@ankitbhargava for his always (thought-)provoking question-posts :p

@Naturelover again for reassuring me by sharing his real-life example of 'Grey is Good', a colour I have always wanted to drape the cave in.

@rshri for being a very cheery and helpful fellow traveller. Hope you wrap your journey soon, bro!

@sandeepmohan for chipping in during the Indian witching hours whenever possible.

@Decadent_Spectre for all the insights. One day, I really want to do a small HT with coax point source, and it will be thanks to you.

And a big thank you to @prateekatasniya for your kind suggestions, despite knowing I couldn't afford to consult you professionally. Thank you for always being there.

And to all other FMs who have pitched in and guided me through the journey and I may have missed out mentioning here. Please forgive me the oversight.
--
Decided to stop the research and take the plunge considering all the availability, stock, demo opportunity and price fluctuation issues that's happening right now.

Above all, the most important factor was that I have already seen one price hike happen in this trade across the Indian market and did not want to risk another, which to my reading is coming. Of course, I could be wrong.

Anyway, based on availability, my preferences, and most importantly, current prices, I bought the following:
Denon X3700, Monitor Radius 225 on-wall LCRs and the REL 1205.
Now, just hope to get it all set up and running over the weekend and enjoy some good old favourites.
Hope to add surrounds and heights - and if the need arises, an amp - sometime next year.
The quest for a music set up, of course, continues.
Will be around here, obviously, pestering and nudging all you good folk :D
Thanks again to one and all.

When I first posted here, I had no clue about forums, especially this one. I really didn't know what to expect. Today, I am glad to report it all went fabulously well. :) And it was all down only to the kindness of the many FMs who were willing to share their time. So, in no particular order, big thanks to:

@raghupb, @Love4sound, @amrutmhatre90, @Naturelover, @Nitin K, @argho, @liverpool_for_life, @hpdinesh, and @Silencer for always being there, from day 1 till now, be it on threads or PM.

@insane79, @Jayaesh1, @Donivlapog and @Indranil Sen for all the visual clarity :D

@Vivek Batra for the ever-ready humour and sharp advice. Wishing you the best in your project, sir.

@Yogesh, for the great effort on the streaming database; I am very sure it will keep growing and become a key resource here as that industry evolves.

@Naturelover again for reassuring me by sharing his real-life example of 'Grey is Good', a colour I have always wanted to drape the cave in.

@rshri for being a very cheery and helpful fellow traveller. Hope you wrap your journey soon, bro!

@sandeepmohan for chipping in during the Indian witching hours whenever possible.

@Decadent_Spectre for all the insights. One day, I really want to do a small HT with coax point source, and it will be thanks to you.

And a big thank you to @prateekatasniya for your kind suggestions, despite knowing I couldn't afford to consult you professionally. Thank you for always being there.

And to all other FMs who have pitched in and guided me through the journey and I may have missed out mentioning here. Please forgive me the oversight.
--
Decided to stop the research and take the plunge considering all the availability, stock, demo opportunity and price fluctuation issues that's happening right now.

Above all, the most important factor was that I have already seen one price hike happen in this trade across the Indian market and did not want to risk another, which to my reading is coming. Of course, I could be wrong.

Anyway, based on availability, my preferences, and most importantly, current prices, I bought the following:
Now, just hope to get it all set up and running over the weekend and enjoy some good old favourites.
Hope to add surrounds and heights - and if the need arises, an amp - sometime next year.
Congrats K-pad, enjoy the fruits of your extensive research. You may need to be a bit careful with that glass top of the Rel 1205.

Not surprised to hear that. He's a rare kind in today's world.

Enjoy your movies, k-pad. The rabbit hole runs (really, really) deep. Escape the forums while you still can ;)

--

Enjoy the setup.

You are quite interested to learn new things. That's a great quality. A quick learner, too. Wish you all the best in this journey
.​

Congrats K-pad, enjoy the fruits of your extensive research. You may need to be a bit careful with that glass top of the Rel 1205.
Haha, first thing I noticed!
Such a bum move by the company (looks very good, of course) but I might have to put a towel or something to cover the reflections.

Haha, first thing I noticed!
Such a bum move by the company (looks very good, of course) but I might have to put a towel or something to cover the reflections.
Yes, you will get use to it :) It's a very good sub and will integrate well with the rest of the system. Did you get it from Prince AV in Parel ?

Yes, you will get use to it :) It's a very good sub and will integrate well with the rest of the system. Did you get it from Prince AV in Parel ?
Ordered from AVXellence Pune, but was delivered by Prince, yes. Didn't know of them before.

Congrats bro, Waiting for pics!
You have practically done the AV search for me. Only need to follow in your footsteps.

In the setup that you are going to do, can't you have a second switchable configuration in AVR for music that engages only LR and subwoofer?
Of course, yes, yes.
Sorry I wasn't clear. I may later get a second living room set--up for music.

Congrats, very nice setup to get into this hobby, you are doing it the right way by buying every component separately.
Starting with LCR, Avr & Sub is the way to go as you won't comprise on quality instead of going full out & buying lower quality components(lighter on the wallet as well) Enjoy your new setup.

Cheers.

In the setup that you are going to do, can't you have a second switchable configuration in AVR for music that engages only LR and subwoofer?
The 2nd switchable config to engage LR + sub would be to activate stereo mode on the avr . For movies you have various surround formats which will engage all the speakers in the same room.
For different rooms you have zones on the same avr.

@ K-pad, your source will also be as important to enjoy music/movies to the full potential of your gear.

Last edited:
Congrats, very nice setup to get into this hobby,
Thanks, mate.
you are doing it the right way by buying every component separately.
Starting with LCR, Avr & Sub is the way to go as you won't comprise on quality instead of going full out & buying lower quality components(lighter on the wallet as well) Enjoy your new setup.
Yes, slowly, slowly only. Even this is overwhelming to begin with. :)

@ K-pad, your source will also be as important to enjoy music/movies to the full potential of your gear.
Yep, Have a lot of movies to catch. Have so far been enjoying low bit rate 4K files that I have via plex. Since I haven't yet wired the TV internet, have not watched any of the high bit rate 4K films that I have lying around. Will start on them later.
Music as of how is just Amazon prime and some hi-res files. Thinking of exploring a Tidal HiFi Plus subscription some time.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Just wiring the speakers.
Can I leave them like this, or will they catch moisture?
Should I snip the exposed part tight?
Regards

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 32
Hi all,
Just wiring the speakers.
Can I leave them like this, or will they catch moisture?
Should I snip the exposed part tight?
Regards
I have snipped off the extra copper & left a little bit bent out wards in the opposite direction so that the positive and negative don't accidentally touch each other.
Regarding moisture other FM's may be able to chip in if any sort of connectors can be used. I have left it to the mercy of the weather and so far no issue since many years.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back