HT package:budget 20 k

vj_box

Hi Guys,
I am new to the forum,
I just wanna buy a home theater package at around 20 k.(not more than that)
Plz recommend me a good brand.
Heard the sony component system(HT-DDW685) with the dual sub is good.

Thanks in advance

Slightly stretch - I think you can get Yamaha or Onkyo maybe Denon too - Check E Zone , Croma , Vijay Sales & Reliance.

yea.. theres a Yamaha HTIB for 23k... shoul dbe better than the sony one.... u can check it out at Hypercity and Crome in Mumbai

Hey, I apologise if I am sounding rude, but apart frmo speculation that the yamaha "should be better" than the Sony HT-DDW685, does anyone have any more firm information on any comparable or superior HTIBs in the same budget (maximum 25k).

I don't want a system with a DVD player, I just need a receiver and speakers.

You have been given options : Onkyo, Yamaha; apart from those, there is another package JBL sub-sat with HK AVR probably 132, not sure about the model - costs ~19,000.
Ultimately you have to decide what sounds better to you. Nobody else can do that for you. Since you are in a metro, which will have enough brad outlets, do some legwork & audition stuff.

VJ_Box,

There are multiple manufacturers who sell HTIBs. The ones that come to mind are LG, Samsung, Sony, Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer and Panasonic. I am not very sure whether Pioneer and Panasonic models are available in India.

Have you got the clarification you wanted, or shall we start looking at various systems one by one and see which you can use?

Cheers

Thanks for the kind reply venkat,
I have just decided to go for the Onkyo HTIB which costs 20k here in hyd.
But then some one here mentioned the combo of HK avr 132 and JBl,some model.How good is this combination?or do you recommend me any other model?

I could burn more money for a much better setup.As i am a bachelor now and staying with some friends,i just need a good time during the week ends,so am just spending on a decent model with this budget.

Thanks
Vijay

Just wondering if you could get a torvin within 20K. Does anyone know how much the torvin range costs ? Has anyone auditioned them ?

never heard of this one!
any way i did check out the site,not really sure of the reputation

The Onkyo is a good choice.

Torvin is a Chennai based Indian manufacturer. Though he makes reasonably good speakers, he does not have the electronics for 5.1 amplification. Most of his focus is on 2 channel stereo.

Just stick to Onkyo.

One advise, spend a little money and replace their stock speaker cables with good speaker cables of 12 or 16 AWG. Good speaker cables will cost about Rs.3000 for 50 meters, and will a tremendous difference to your sound. Onkyo also carries good speaker cables, but I am not aware of their prices.

Cheers

I got a price quote of 29k for this Yamaha HTIB . Does that sound like a good deal? I am not really looking at spending 29k, I was looking more at aroun 25k and below, but on paper this thing for 29k sounds damn good? what would you guys say?

I got a price quote of 29k for this Yamaha HTIB . Does that sound like a good deal? I am not really looking at spending 29k, I was looking more at aroun 25k and below, but on paper this thing for 29k sounds damn good? what would you guys say?

The specs look good, but have you auditioned it? If not please do. As I have said many times, personal audition is always important before you place the order. Take the DVDs and music CDs you like, and hear them on the system. If you like the sound, go ahead and buy it.

Cheers

if some body audition this,lemme know.i will also try and see it in any of the showrooms here.which am visiting this week.

okay also please consider the deal that E-zone is offering.....for 30k they are giving you a bare basic Onkyo 5.1 receiver (the TX-SR 304 i suspect) and the Jamo 406 package (two floorstanding fronts, bookshelf rears and center). The stock deal is with a Sherwood receiver, but i know people who've been offerred the onk, if they didn't want the sherwood.

Onkyo's receivers are generally super value at their price, and the 406 speakers from Jamo (although they are the bottom of the Jamo pile) are very nice warm, and offer a lot of punch.

For 30k, this is an amost unbeatable deal. I know two people who've bought these and they are very happy. There are definitely superior systems out there, but for 30k, I'd challenge anyone to find me a better setup.

ok the deal you are talkin abt is the combo of onkyo reciever+jamo 406 speaker package is it?
any way lemme check out this week,but i really doubt my budget of 30 k.

Thanks
Vj

Hi all,
Thanks all for the valuable replies.
I just bought the onkyo ht s3100.
I would say its amazing for the money.
The Amp is really good.

Vijay

Just wondering if you could get a torvin within 20K. Does anyone know how much the torvin range costs ? Has anyone auditioned them ?

Torvin offer home theatre systems from the range 8.5K - 30K. The models are MiniMax (with built-in amp) and Cineboy with TA 640 amplifier. Please note that both of these models do not come with remote. I audiotioned both Minimax and Cineboy. They sound excellent; especially the Minimax.

Craftel (Audiocraft) is also offering wide range of home theatre systems with satellites, front towers, and rear book shelf speakers. They have models with and without remote controls and decoders.

Regards,
Muthusami. S

I too am new to this great Forum, though the Forum is not new to me.

You can get a very good Onkyo hometheatre for 19900 on Futurebazaar.com. A very reliable site. I bought this Onkyo HT and another Onkyo sub (for just Rs. 4005).

Warm Regds / Shailender

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back