HT Suggestions for a large room

Chaos

Hi,

My living room measures approximately 30 (L) x 20 (W). I already have an LED TV and a PS3. I need to buy a home theater which will be used mostly for TV(HD DTH and Blu Ray) and occasionally for music. Any suggestions for around 30-40k? Not too keen on lots of options or inputs just need something that sounds good and looks alright without wires running all over the place. Also, suggestions for places to pick this up in Bangalore.

Thanks

Its really difficult to find an HT to fill a 5700cuft in this budget. Forget HTIBs. You need to have a good amp and speakers to fill up this space, check for combos that are being discussed in other threads.

Ok, any suggestions on a combo then? Need good bass and distortion-free sound at high volumes. What would you guys suggest? I'm really new to this...

yeah, looked around...most of the recommendations are for the Denon 1912 AVR and a couple of floorstanders from Whaferdale, but that's way above my budget. I need something within 35-40k.

I would suggest to start with an AVR and 2 good speakers (Front L/R) and add the remaing speakers later on when your budget permits. A full HT in your current budget will not be a good one esp, for your room size.

Thanks bro, appreciate it. Any good shops in Bangalore where i can go and demo stuff? Also, please suggest shops where the helpers aren't pushy and insist on you buying stuff...

If you can extend your budget then the mission 35i are powerful speakers perfect for your room size. use them with a denon / marantz receiver and you are in business. start with 2 fronts speakers and build the rest later.

Back