HTIB 25K Budget

crazyboy

Hi Experts,
I am a newbie to Home Theater world and I am looking for a HTIB Suggestion under 25K (max 30K). I would like use it primarly for listening music (MP3 songs) and watch normal tv programs (by directing TV output through HT Speakers). Occasionaly I watch DVD's (10% probably).
I had gone through otehr threads in the form. But many of them are dated back to 2007. So I need some suggestion on current deals.
I am not tech-savy and not looking for any special brands. Anything including local make will do. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Crazyboy.

Hi Crazyboy

Look for a Yamaha or Onkyo HTIB , but sure you will not have the best effects if you are using the MP3s .

david

Hi hifipal4all,
I am from Chennai.
Hi DVDMK,
Could you please let me know the model numbers those are available in this budget. Thanks.

Hai.
I came across Onkyo HTiB. While AV receiver is Onkyo/the speaker package is from Pure Accoustics who have tiedup with Onkyo. It costs Rs.35000/- MRP and I think you can endup paying around 32k after hard bargaining.
This package won best ofAV MAX award for the year 2008.
The model No: is as follows:: TX SR 304E/AV 799/RB 1150.

Raslibi/Ramamurthy.

Hi Experts,
I am a newbie to Home Theater world and I am looking for a HTIB Suggestion under 25K (max 30K).
Regards,
Crazyboy.

Hi

I'm also looking for HTiB for the same budget, but I wanted to be future proof as I will not be able to upgrade offen.

My Requirments are

HDMI - to go with my LCD
7.1 - to be future proof so that I can connect with BD later.

I came across SR800 and SR5100 from Onkyo but I do not know the prices

The SR800 has two woofers in the front speakers while the SR5100 has
one woofer in the front speakers, I don't know which one is the latest.

the AVR no for SR800 is 550 and for SR5100 it is 560

In SR5100 they had mentioned they are wooden speaker enclosures in all the
speakers and in SR800 they have not mentioned anything, then it should be plastic I think

If SR800 is older will it be cheaper than SR5100

I live in a small City here most of the people not even know what is AVR and 7.1 output.

Kindly someone from the Metro guide us, any other packages are also welcome.

Thanking you in advance

Regards
Sri

Last edited:
Hi friends,

If you are Denon fans,then new HTib -DHT-390 is availabe 2 KEI.
Kei(Kripa electronics India)

cost may be 40k(earlier model was for tha price 1356)

No Moserv, its not 7.1.

I dont think a BD Future Proof HTiB is there in the market at that price. What you need with a BD is a HTiB capable of TrueHD sound which I didnt find one in India yet!

At 25K, your Future Proof system should not be a HTiB, I would rather see the route of a good amp with a nice speaker package.

Just a P.S: Future Proof is to vague and relative term and I havent been able to Future Proof anything in electronics in last 10 yrs :)

Last edited:
Hi

I found Onkyo sr506 @ 23K from sumaria.in. The specs are HDMI pass thru, 7.1 output for future BD connectivity.

Hi

I found Onkyo sr506 @ 23K from sumaria.in. The specs are HDMI pass thru, 7.1 output for future BD connectivity.

Gap ji,

1. That's a Home Theatre system with separate AMP and DVDp, not a HTiB.
2. Just because a system has 7.1 output does not mean its going to be BD proof. The system should be capable of decoding TrueHD or DTS-HD which is the real power in Bluray. 506 is a regular Dolby 7.1 system using Dolby-EX. Onkyo supports TrueHD from SR606 model upwards.

Hope it didnt confuse you more :)

Gap ji,

1. That's a Home Theatre system with separate AMP and DVDp, not a HTiB.
2. Just because a system has 7.1 output does not mean its going to be BD proof. The system should be capable of decoding TrueHD or DTS-HD which is the real power in Bluray. 506 is a regular Dolby 7.1 system using Dolby-EX. Onkyo supports TrueHD from SR606 model upwards.

Hope it didnt confuse you more :)

Yes, you are right madbullram but the thread is 25K Budget. In this budget it is not possible to have a trueHD HTiB.

I think almost all Bluray disc players have 7.1 output and also they can decode TrueHD

Thank you.

Yes, you are right madbullram but the thread is 25K Budget. In this budget it is not possible to have a trueHD HTiB.

Thats what I also said, you cant not can you have a True HD HT with DVDp for 25k:)

I think almost all Bluray disc players have 7.1 output and also they can decode TrueHD

Thank you.

They have 7.1 but your HTiB should be capable of using TrueHD which i dont think current ones can.

Thats what I also said, you cant not can you have a True HD HT with DVDp for 25k:)

They have 7.1 but your HTiB should be capable of using TrueHD which i dont think current ones can.

I have not seen a blu ray player, will not the blu ray player able to decode TrueHD and output through its 7.1 RCA output,

Then why do they have 7.1 output, while in the AV receivers specifications they say 7.1 input to connect Bluray players

Kindly clear my doubh as I'm interested in buying sr506

Last edited:
Hi,

I saw Onkyo 506 rear panel in Onkyousa.com. If your bluray player has internal decoding then you can connect 7.1 output of the player to 7.1 inputs of the Onkyo 506.

The Bluray players internal decoding circuitary should be very good. Normally people say that decoding chips in AVR is better than players. But if you go with players like Oppo you should be fine.

Thanks,
Prakash.

It might make more sense to go with an AVR that decodes HD audio since the Oppo BDP-83 would be prohibitively priced one feels. Also, an AVR would be better served if one wants to play movies off an external HDD or HTPC. Depending on a Blu-Ray player for decoding HD audio seems to be limiting one's options in the long term since no player would have the connectivity options of an AVR. A PS3 however seems to combine the best of everything. I have gone for a Wii so need to wait a while before going for the PS3, but already there is talk of the PS4.

Just my 2 cents...

I have not seen a blu ray player, will not the blu ray player able to decode TrueHD and output through its 7.1 RCA output,

Then why do they have 7.1 output, while in the AV receivers specifications they say 7.1 input to connect Bluray players

Kindly clear my doubh as I'm interested in buying sr506

Okay, this is going to be interesting and I will try to explain the best way I can.

Your blue ray player(BRP) will decode the True HD. Now the BRP has to send the signal to your Onkyo 506 correct? The Onkyo 506 has only HDMI passthrough, which means it is capable of receiving only Video and not audio. Audio has to be sent seperately to the Onkyo.

BRP to 506 Audio Connection:

Through an Optical/Coax connection: You will connect the Digital Out of the BRP to the Digital In of the 506. Now, this digital connection can support bandwidth for Dolby and DTS NOT TrueHD. So which means though your BRP can decode TrueHD it cannot send the sound to 506. So your 506 can receive only Dolby/DTS from your BRP. True HD can be sent to an receiver only through HDMI as it has the highest bandwidth capability

My suggestion, get a 606 which can decode TrueHD and be done with it.

Your next question, why does 506 says 7.1?
Well, it means it capable of handling DTS-ES (or EX which has a flag to force 6 channels) or Dolby Digital EX. When you play a DVD which is encoded in DTS-EX or NEO6 you will get a 7.1 channel sound. This sound can be passed via Digital/Coaxial out from your BRP to 506 as they can handle that bandwidth.

Though TrueHD and Dobly Plus are 7.1 the bandwidth required is higher so the 506 cannot play it bcos 506 has only HDMI Pass Through which will only reads Video signals where as 606 has a HDMI repeater which will read both video and audio and you can enjoy TrueHD.

So you have two options:

1. Buy 506, BUY A BRP which has 7.1 output and connected each to the 7.1 input of your 506 and play it in TrueHD (Like prakas suggested)

Eg: Sony BDP which has 7.1 analog output: BDP-S5000ES | ES Series Blu-ray Disc? Player | Sony | Sony Style USA

Panasonic BD30K Panasonic Blu-ray Disc Player

I would go with Option 2 (Like moser sugegsted) bcos

1. In option1, you need to invest in high quality 7 analog cables which will cost you a bomb
2. More clumsy wires running
3. All is based on a BDP, even if you are planning to buy Media PLayer you need to invest in one which has TrueHD coding etc
4. There is a debate that TrueHD via HDMI is marginally better than TrueHD via Analog cables

Hope i didnt confuse you more.

Last edited:
Hi Prakasse, Moserw and Madbullram

I welcome your opinions and I thank you very much for your valued inputs.
Keep it up Guys

Regards
Gap G J:eek:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back