HTIB or Separates??

I called up Onkyo store and have got a quote of 28K for Onkyo-3500. Around the same budget, hv got another deal on separates from Hi-Fi zone.

Pioneer VSX-521 + JBl SCS 200.5 speakers - (Combo ~ 35k)

Please suggest if this is worth exploring as compared to Onkyo/Pioneer HTIBs already short-listed.

Pioneer VSX-521 is older model AVR. If your preference is more of movies, its good to settle with Onkyo HT-S3500, as there wont be much difference between Pioneer VSX-521 and Onkyo-3500 in movies. If music is preferred and planning to spend more in future on speakers, then think of Pioneer VSX-521, or for that matter many other choice.

Onkyo HT-S3500 should not exceed Rs.27000/- (including delivery and installation). Try and get the price reduced.

I am using JBL speakers with Pioneer VSX-520 and movie impression is same like Onkyo except for the bass punch which is better with JBL package due to its good active subwoofer. When it comes to music in simple stereo mode (with subwoofer off), Onkyo is comparatively better. If the front speakers are replaced with some good bookshelves then Pioneer VSX-520 sounds better than Onkyo with same set of speakers. I had briefly tried it with Mission Speakers but not extensive auditioning.

I am using JBL speakers with Pioneer VSX-520 and movie impression is same like Onkyo except for the bass punch which is better with JBL package due to its good active subwoofer. When it comes to music in simple stereo mode (with subwoofer off), Onkyo is comparatively better. If the front speakers are replaced with some good bookshelves then Pioneer VSX-520 sounds better than Onkyo with same set of speakers. I had briefly tried it with Mission Speakers but not extensive auditioning.

Which JBL speakers do you have?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back