HTS for ~15K

btridip

Hi Everybody, I need to purchase a HTS for ~15K. Following is the criteria -

- HDMI upscaling
- Plays variety of video formats.
- Digital Optical Input for Audio (for sound from other DVD players with optical out).
- >=400-500W of RMS.
- Brand -> Sony/Samsung/Philips/Panasonic.
- Good Speakers.
- Overall quality.

Will appreciate anybody's feedback and suggestions.

Hi Everybody, I need to purchase a HTS for ~15K. Following is the criteria -

- HDMI upscaling
- Plays variety of video formats.
- Digital Optical Input for Audio (for sound from other DVD players with optical out).
- >=400-500W of RMS.
- Brand -> Sony/Samsung/Philips/Panasonic.
- Good Speakers.
- Overall quality.

Will appreciate anybody's feedback and suggestions.

Sony DAV-DZ120 Theater System Prices - Shopping.com

my friend has it and he likes it...it plays dvd..so doesn't need another player..
inside 15K..if u wanna go for AVR and 5.1 spkr package..try smuggled goods or 2nd hand

Last edited:
Phil HTBI has Coax in & are better & cheaper too.tried 3565 @ sisters place & is good too.

Thanks. I found a 3565 in e-zone and bought it. They reduced 1K and made it 14K, being a display model. They said that it had been on display since diwali. Was still in the plastic wrap though and looked very new. The guy said that it is a new model and they are sold out temporarily. !!!

It has all the features that i was looking for.

HDMI upscaling - 1080 P
Component OUT
S-Video OUT
Digital Coaxial In (Not sure if optical is better)
USB Reader (What all can it play? Need to check the manual)
1000W RMS

Thanks once again.

So now, i need to try this system with PV80D and hope they live up to the high expectations.

Thanks. I found a 3565 in e-zone and bought it. They reduced 1K and made it 14K,

Congtrates,you cld have get it for 12k too.Just bcos its display piece,
secondly when I got it for sister,it was 15k(last yr)After 1 wk of purchase,priced droped to 13k by Philips as Diwali offer.
We got 5 Hindi DVDs with it.

Anyhow ,dont calculate now ,just enjoy.Its good with music too.

Thanks. I finally set it up. But, it refuses to play some DVD's stating 'wrong region'. I bought 'Tinker Bell' DVD from Bangalore that it refuses to play in addition to DVD's that i bought in the US. Is there i can change the setting to make it play DVD of all regions?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back