i guess it's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

manu4panjab

hey brothers

i think its time for me to permanently off from this site ,as i discovered here that most of my fellow bros. quite irritated by me and by my threads

anyways, best of luck to you all and i extremely sorry if i do something wrong here

hey brothers

i think its time for me to permanently off from this site ,as i discovered here that most of my fellow bros. quite irritated by me and by my threads

anyways, best of luck to you all and i extremely sorry if i do something wrong here

I have read some responses to your threads and not sure I saw anyone as being irritated. A number of respondents have suggested you other options (not starting new threads for eg.) I believe its in the spirit of ensuring consistency and equity in the usage of the forum. You should take it as practical advice at any day.

If there are specific posts that are irritable its worthwhile to speak directly to the poster in the thread as that should not be intention of posters.

Manu:

Your decision to be 'off' from this forum is unwarranted for at the time when you're in the learning phase of your hifi journey. Nobody has said any harsh words to you till date in the forum to my knowledge, it's been in the form of advise only, so to speak. I thought you can ask as many silly questions as you can, but it's up to the members who wish to answer or just ignore.

Take a moment further and decide before taking the plunge.

hey brothers

Manu,
I have not gone thru most of your threads but can figure that some guys are a bit peeved at some of your threads.
Two ways to react to this. First way is the above where u quit. Second is to learn from your mistakes and not repeat them and just carry on.

This place is a lovely platform to exchange/learn about HIFI and lots more. Why quit? Dont get so offended. If the only problem is irrelevant threads am sure u can correct that in a jiffy!
Rgds

Hi Manu,

I do not think your decision to quit is the right one, as others have also suggested. We all had to start at some point of time, and believe me, we all make some mistakes, in all aspects of life. I also have not gone through most of your threads because of two reasons: 1) most of your threads are on a home theater which I am not that interested in at the moment (although I watch a movie once in a while), and 2) there are simply too many of your threads. Some of the members have not liked your opening too many threads, and very rightly so, for yours and the forum's good only. If you ask your questions in a few threads, then the discussion is all at the same place, easier for everybody and it is also more focussed that way. In an open forum, sometimes people fight over an issue or two, people try to pull a few legs. But I do not think these are ever personal. I come from a Physics background, and when two physicists fight over a scientific issue, people outside the room may think they are going to kill each other, but in actuality, they are just trying to understand each other's points and at the end of the argument they may go to dinner together. My humble suggestion to you is that: do not quit, be more focussed in your questions and discussions, do proper homework, consider all suggestions, but do not accept any without proper justification or evidence, and make your own decisions (even if you make a few mistakes along the way). But above all, enjoy music or movies whatever you like. In a year or two, you shall find your tastes may have changed a bit and you would be giving advice to newcomers based on your own experience and homework. Please consider my sincere suggestion.

Regards.

I understand where you are coming from, Manu. I have seen more than one post with ire directed at you. While the points raised by people are undoubtedly right, I do believe that they could have been put better.

As to what should be done or should not be done, the moderator is the best person to talk about it. Problem with these unofficial understandings is that they dont always act on the basis of full agreement.

But please dont quit. All of the members I have come across are very decent basically and helpful to the extreme. Maybe you can give some consideration to a few suggestions and see if you still like our community and would like to add to it?

look brothers

i know i have done mistakes here but now when i try to be more civilized in this site i still got mad or bad response
like now i opened mega threads for speakers and subs so that in future i only use them not any other but still in these threads i got bad responses

i just need some time ,i'm just amateur need time to be good

@manu...as a personal note, your threads do have a distinctive syle which made me curious...whenever i see one of the threads with a '?' i just become curious as to whats in it ...i liked your threads

but then i did see some other threads (not yours) with a '?' and and not so clear titles...it looks like u have a fan club :p

but then its difficult to change forum rules, which are there for a reason, for one person...so me liking your thread doesnt count esp. when others dont...

as for you quiting....posting offensive or personal attacks is something that deserves a ban and not this....so you just countinue posting and ask anyone who irks you to go to hell

I already live in hell :)

Manu - I think people are not able to understand your intentions.
Are you looking for help?
Did you find something excitement and want to share with the community?
Do you want to indulge in generic technical discussions?

I think this is what everyone else does as well. It is only about organizing your posts into right sub-forums, right threads (and right number of threads), and of course, right subject line.

regards

@manu...as a personal note, your threads do have a distinctive syle which made me curious...whenever i see one of the threads with a '?' i just become curious as to whats in it ...i liked your threads

but then i did see some other threads (not yours) with a '?' and and not so clear titles...it looks like u have a fan club :p

but then its difficult to change forum rules, which are there for a reason, for one person...so me liking your thread doesnt count esp. when others dont...

as for you quiting....posting offensive or personal attacks is something that deserves a ban and not this....so you just countinue posting and ask anyone who irks you to go to hell

manu,as others hv pointed out,just chill out.every body makes mistakes,and ur only prob maybe has been the sheer no of threads without doin too much homework in the same(no offence here)!!stay,learn,understand and give back.its the only way to enjoy bein part of this wonderful forum we have here.pls dont get me wrong.cheers

emotions are running really high. Almost like a bride leaving her parental home after marriage.:sad:

I do take it upon myself to reply (to some accusations???) since suprateep and I do find fault with Mr. Panjab's endless litany of threads especially without doing any research in previous threads or even utilizing Google.

No offence meant to anyone but I do take offence when I am asked to go to hell.

@Jith77 - When someone makes a mistake it is but natural to correct that person so that he will not repeat the mistake. Instead your reaction is to ask that person to continue making the same mistake and then send those who oppose him to hell. Wow!

I believe I'm justified in asking Mr. Panjab to tone down because I patiently read through as many queries as possible and answer as many as possible to the best of my ability to help others out. It is not my job and I don't get paid for it, but I do like to help people as much as I can. It is but natural that I would get irritated by the numerous and senseless threads our Mr. Panjab starts because the answers to them have already been provided in this very forum. On the other hand you find Mr. Panjab's threads curious, like them and even want to start a fan club extolling Mr. Panjab it seems. Never mind that you don't spend any time answering his mundane questions nor any other members but rather use the resources of this forum to find a rented apartment for yourself. Anyways I believe I will take your suggestion and go to HFV hell and leave you to answer and help as many members as possible since you are curious, like them and want to start fan clubs and send members such as me to hell.

pune was very cool when I lived there in 2001. Cool work environment, few good friends, lived at koregaon park, rode a rented 1970s bullet, went around eating and drinking at lot of places. My office was very close to tds ;)

sirjee delhi is a nice place - pune bolo toh ho sakta hain hell :lol: - sab kuch khali hain

I think moserw has a big point.

Manu, through his posts, is requesting the members for their time and energy. Many members have patiently responded and have spent precious time and energy. Therefore, when the same members give him a feedback on what they feel is worth their energy, it needs to be considered by Manu. Especially so when it comes from people who spend enormous amount of time giving back to the forum.

Regards

Anyways I believe I will take your suggestion and go to HFV hell and leave you to answer and help as many members as possible since you are curious, like them and want to start fan clubs and send members such as me to hell.

Oh come on, Moser. I am sure Jith probably did not mean it in the literal sense. You are an asset to the community and your suggestions are appreciated.

While I wont even deem it proper to defend Manu's predeliction to opening a lot of threads, it is also evident that there are a few ribbings directed at him at various threads. If there is a limit to opening threads in the rules, I dont see it. Still, I agree that convention and logic demand us to have a limit on this.

Manu - I do suggest that you take this all in the right spirit. It is OK to be excited and all that. If you could share that in the right thread, that would be even greater. I dont think either of you need quit on this small an issue.

dear manu4panjab,

please do not ask me to go to hell!

o god, i cannot remember if i ever said anything mad or bad to you, but please please please please for all the god's sakes - do not ask me to go to hell.

that said - @ jith - when one is in a community asking anyone to tell another to go to hell is a surefire way of igniting a personal suicide bomb:)

@manu Hi Bro,

Nobody wants you to leave the forum. All they want you to do is simple. If you have doubts you can go thro the old threads and if you dont find answers you can start a new thread. From your posts it is clear anything connected to HT excites you a lot. Nothing wrong with that. But you have to take the advice from senior members in right spirit and get a move on.While its not right to make fun of someone, that someone should not also invite it on himself. I hope you get the drift. Stay here and have fun:)

@jith, Hi,

The advice you have given manu is neither constructive nor in good taste. You cant ask people who give their energy and time to help others to go to hell. Nobody has ever talked of banning manu. From where did u get that? Members like me have gained a lot from the senior guys here who have never hesitated to lend a helping hand.One guy is giving out his 200 original DVDs to other members for what he has got out of the forum. So i request you not to give advise like this to anybody on the forum.

@moser,

I can understand your hurt. But you cant leave the forum cause some bloke has said something unthinkingly? You know better than that. So dont take hasty decisions and do come back. Who do you think will recommend the music titles to me?:)

Guys, sorry for the long post. But i am not happy about whats happening. Already one senior member is making himself scarce here. So we dont want another one to disappear huh?

cheers,
sri

I do not understand why you guys are getting so emotional and worked up. It is very funny :) You guys make it look like the typical mushy Indian joint family :D
This is a public forum. There are no rules here except for the ones given by the moderator.
Different folks are different. Online forum etiquette comes with time and experience. Accept it and move on.

I do not understand why you guys are getting so emotional and worked up. It is very funny :) You guys make it look like the typical mushy Indian joint family :D
This is a public forum. There are no rules here except for the ones given by the moderator.
Different folks are different. Online forum etiquette comes with time and experience. Accept it and move on.

+1, However someone can't equally tell us to go to hell :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back