i have short list these subs?

venkat , when is hsu going to be represented in India. I want to buy their car audio driver. max excursion is way above similarly priced subs.

venkat , when is hsu going to be represented in India. I want to buy their car audio driver. max excursion is way above similarly priced subs.

I sent an email to HSU about this and they did not respond.:mad:
I havent seen any information regarding HSU coming to india (or having a distributor) on the web or even on the HSU forums, whats your source for this 'confidential' information, if I may ask so.

madhu,

you are giving your opinion based on a guy called Craig well it think you should also look at the test results by Ikka who is famous for doing test round for all kind of subs. I am not saying SVS is not good but believe me saying it will blow away JL fathom f113 is overstatement in a big way. also, you need to look at Jl comes with calibration and also way smaller then SVS and goes for similar extension at higher SPL where SVS don't do. so please advice based on experience and after through research. I have used both and can tell you exact difference. The SVS is great for movies but lacks the speed and trasient response for music where Jl excels.

my advice if you want to save money with god performance then go for SVS otherwise Jl is way better to look at and easy to calibrate and charm to look and listen to. the bass is different to SVS trust me and can also do search on various forums.

regards,

swatantra

I admit both are good and sorry for that statement, I throwed the statement out of excitement. But practically speaking i feel that JL Fathom is very expensive. Instead of buying one JL Audio Fathom one can get 2 SVS PC-13 Ultra+ shipping below 4000$ and two Dual MFW-15 below + shipping below 5000$. Which will obviously beat JL Audio. And there's another advantage using 2 subs the room filling will be excellent. Using single sub will only benefit the person in the sweet spot(even if you do subwoofer crawl) but 2 subs would fill the whole room. And setup wise 2 subs has an edge like keep them diagonally opposite that's it you're done no need for any subwoofer crawl or stuff. And using 2 subs harmonic distortion That is the reason i wasn't recommending JL. BTW i have heard MFW-15 in my friend's place and they're mindblowing and price was hard to beleive.

manu bhai,
below 1.5L you shall go for 2 MFW-15. You'll not regret fortunately custom duties will be less as the product value is very very less. Infact you shall import them spending below 1.2L. Good Luck.

I sent an email to HSU about this and they did not respond.:mad:
I havent seen any information regarding HSU coming to india (or having a distributor) on the web or even on the HSU forums, whats your source for this 'confidential' information, if I may ask so.

try! try! he'll surely respond. Infact i had no problems while importing my HSU stf-2. If possible give them a call.

brothers from all your replies

i want to tell you guys that why i'm still not put my hands in svs,hsu or mfw coz they are online dealers and if in future something goes wrong with my sub like kinda some technical problem then where to take it for repair and if i repair it from again the same company like svs or hsu i have to again pay shipping charges

so that's why i make my mind why not stick with those brands that are available in india

I admit both are good and sorry for that statement, I throwed the statement out of excitement. But practically speaking i feel that JL Fathom is very expensive. Instead of buying one JL Audio Fathom one can get 2 SVS PC-13 Ultra+ shipping below 4000$ and two Dual MFW-15 below + shipping below 5000$. Which will obviously beat JL Audio. And there's another advantage using 2 subs the room filling will be excellent. Using single sub will only benefit the person in the sweet spot(even if you do subwoofer crawl) but 2 subs would fill the whole room. And setup wise 2 subs has an edge like keep them diagonally opposite that's it you're done no need for any subwoofer crawl or stuff. And using 2 subs harmonic distortion That is the reason i wasn't recommending JL. BTW i have heard MFW-15 in my friend's place and they're mindblowing and price was hard to beleive.

manu bhai,
below 1.5L you shall go for 2 MFW-15. You'll not regret fortunately custom duties will be less as the product value is very very less. Infact you shall import them spending below 1.2L. Good Luck.

bro i have already email them and they reply that they don't sell outside us and canada

what is your room size. if its in a living area, include the attached open dining, kitchen etc. Also provide the ceiling height. First you need to decide what size sub is appropriate for you. In a small room, if u put svs ultra or f113 etc, its probably going to blow your walls away.

Also what is your usage. If you just want it for movies and/or games, then a boombox like polk should be fine, but it will suck at music. If you dont care about music, a klipsch might actually give you more pleasure than these great musical subs. If you like music also, then go for a good sub.

You can order hsu vtf3-mk3 from 20north. I requested and got the quote for vtf-2 mk3, and it was around 52k including shipping and customs, so I guess you might be able to get vtf3 for around 65-70k. You can send an email to them and get a quote. BTW, I got a quote of around 58k for vtf-2 from HSU directly, prices include shipping and customs.

bro i use mainly for playing ps3 and movies

as i have seen many of my fellow bros. told me stay away from polk ;)

what about velodyne impact 12(two of these + a brand new great quality avr)

in the price range of 150000

what is your room size. if its in a living area, include the attached open dining, kitchen etc. Also provide the ceiling height. First you need to decide what size sub is appropriate for you. In a small room, if u put svs ultra or f113 etc, its probably going to blow your walls away.

Also what is your usage. If you just want it for movies and/or games, then a boombox like polk should be fine, but it will suck at music. If you dont care about music, a klipsch might actually give you more pleasure than these great musical subs. If you like music also, then go for a good sub.

You can order hsu vtf3-mk3 from 20north. I requested and got the quote for vtf-2 mk3, and it was around 52k including shipping and customs, so I guess you might be able to get vtf3 for around 65-70k. You can send an email to them and get a quote. BTW, I got a quote of around 58k for vtf-2 from HSU directly, prices include shipping and customs.

my room size is 12 feet wide,20 feet long and 10 feet high with only two doors no window;)

and bro did you get your hsu subwoofer

bros. lets mmmm lets come to the point

right now i have you know how much money one lac and fifty thousand

and say we put one lac aside (coz i used it stricly for my avr needs i'll come to i later in my next thread when i'm done shopping for subs )

so now we have 50000(so should i but one or two subs is one really fill my thrust for boom shakalak bass or two)

my room size is 12 feet wide,20 feet long and 10 feet high with only two doors no windows at all

i used my whole ht system especially for ps3 and movies i'm not a music lover

so be wise give me those brands that are available in india at the above price range

Here are a few for starters...

Velodyne
Acoustic Arts Pvt. Ltd.
E-385 Greater Kailash-II
New Delhi 110048 India
Tel: 91 11 416 03949
Fax: 91 11 416 00335
Email: [email protected]

REL & Sunfire
The Audio People
#88, Anmol Palani, G.N. CHETTY ROAD
T. Nagar CHENNAI, 600017. Tamilnadu, INDIA
Phone+ 91 445 215 999
Fax + 91 445 215 899
Email [email protected]
Web Welcome to The Audio People : Chennai Premiere high - end hi-fi Shop

Definitive Technology Super Cubes
Audio Excellence
B-64, Orchid Tower,
Near Yamuna Nagar,
Off Link Road,
Andheri (W),
Mumbai 400053
India
Tel : +91-22-65010877
Fax : +91-22-66925007
Cell : +91-9820186108
[email protected]

Cheers.

Here are a few for starters...

Velodyne
Acoustic Arts Pvt. Ltd.
E-385 Greater Kailash-II
New Delhi 110048 India
Tel: 91 11 416 03949
Fax: 91 11 416 00335
Email: [email protected]

REL & Sunfire
The Audio People
#88, Anmol Palani, G.N. CHETTY ROAD
T. Nagar CHENNAI, 600017. Tamilnadu, INDIA
Phone+ 91 445 215 999
Fax + 91 445 215 899
Email [email protected]
Web Welcome to The Audio People : Chennai Premiere high - end hi-fi Shop

Definitive Technology Super Cubes
Audio Excellence
B-64, Orchid Tower,
Near Yamuna Nagar,
Off Link Road,
Andheri (W),
Mumbai 400053
India
Tel : +91-22-65010877
Fax : +91-22-66925007
Cell : +91-9820186108
[email protected]

Cheers.

bro i know all these companies man come on give me model no. yaar :eek:hyeah:

which model of velo or rel or deftech

here spec for velo impact 12 and dsw pro 600

impact 12:
continous power 165 watts and dynamic 275 watts,frequency response 29 hz to 150hz

dsw pro 600

continous power 250 watts and dynamic 500 watts ,frequency response 25hz to 125 hz and overall frequency response 20 hz to 160 hz

so what's you thoughts on these guys

please don't mind at all i'm totally confused it's like my brain gonna explode

brothers from all your replies

i want to tell you guys that why i'm still not put my hands in svs,hsu or mfw coz they are online dealers and if in future something goes wrong with my sub like kinda some technical problem then where to take it for repair and if i repair it from again the same company like svs or hsu i have to again pay shipping charges

so that's why i make my mind why not stick with those brands that are available in india

True but you shall only ship the parts that is causing problem. for example if u have problem with ur driver send that alone or if you have problem with amp just ship that alone and get it repaired. Shipping charge will be managable. Don't worry.

bros. lets mmmm lets come to the point

right now i have you know how much money one lac and fifty thousand

and say we put one lac aside (coz i used it stricly for my avr needs i'll come to i later in my next thread when i'm done shopping for subs )

so now we have 50000(so should i but one or two subs is one really fill my thrust for boom shakalak bass or two)

my room size is 12 feet wide,20 feet long and 10 feet high with only two doors no windows at all

i used my whole ht system especially for ps3 and movies i'm not a music lover

so be wise give me those brands that are available in india at the above price range

Since its mainly for movies and gaming, you can manage with a lesser amp like yamaha 663 or 863 or something like that, which will cost you some 50-75k. No need to go for a very high end amp for your usage as mostly it will give you a few extra watts, which you wont use anyway. Also little bit more wattage will not make it extremely louder, only a little bit of extra loudness.

Your room is quite small. its not a very good idea to go for 2 huge subs. Go for either a single 12 incher, or two 8 or 10 inchers. You dont need very high wattage sub amplifier also for that.

Velodyne impact 12 is supposedly very good for movies (I guess gaming requirements are quite similar to movies), not all that great for music though. I think you should audition this sub. Its 12" and has 165 watts, which probably should be enough for your room. If you despo want 2 subs, then I suggest you go for two epos els subs, 10" closed design with 300w amp, very good sub, available in india for around 30k. It has been discontinued though, so u should hurry.

If your budget is around 50k, you can forget about REL and sunfire. both cost above 75k for their cheapest model available in india.

bro i know all these companies man come on give me model no. yaar :eek:hyeah:
which model of velo or rel or deftech

Guess you dint learn anything from your own threads afterall. Only you can make up your mind! Sometimes the journey is more fun than the destination itself. So enjoy!

Since its mainly for movies and gaming, you can manage with a lesser amp like yamaha 663 or 863 or something like that, which will cost you some 50-75k. No need to go for a very high end amp for your usage as mostly it will give you a few extra watts, which you wont use anyway. Also little bit more wattage will not make it extremely louder, only a little bit of extra loudness.

Your room is quite small. its not a very good idea to go for 2 huge subs. Go for either a single 12 incher, or two 8 or 10 inchers. You dont need very high wattage sub amplifier also for that.

Velodyne impact 12 is supposedly very good for movies (I guess gaming requirements are quite similar to movies), not all that great for music though. I think you should audition this sub. Its 12" and has 165 watts, which probably should be enough for your room. If you despo want 2 subs, then I suggest you go for two epos els subs, 10" closed design with 300w amp, very good sub, available in india for around 30k. It has been discontinued though, so u should hurry.

If your budget is around 50k, you can forget about REL and sunfire. both cost above 75k for their cheapest model available in india.

bro you said epos but in its specs it has 4ohm impedance so does it match with 8ohm av receiver

and is it safe to buy velodyne impact 12

you know i know you all think that i'm a polk fan and to certain point its true (you know evryone has its own taste and may be my taste is not as superb as all of you aaaaaaaaaaaand that's just me :) aaaaaaaaand i also found that most of my fellow bros. are wharfedale fans :cool: )
if we can put velo and dsw pro side by side you can see velo impact has 165 of continous power where as polk dsw pro 600 has 250 watts and also pro 600 go down 25 hz and overall 20 haz and whereas velo goes down to 28hz

Last edited:
True but you shall only ship the parts that is causing problem. for example if u have problem with ur driver send that alone or if you have problem with amp just ship that alone and get it repaired. Shipping charge will be managable. Don't worry.

thanks brother :) but for now i should stay away from them if you please don't mind :cheers:

Last edited:
thanks brother :) but for now i should stay away from them if you please don't mind :cheers:

manu go for CHT 12 it will be better then polk audio. Also, velodyne is a subwoofer company where as Polk is not, this is where most of the difference occurs. so take my advice and go for velodyne. I am sure you will love it.

regards,

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back