I want this...

unleash_me

I had always been a Denon fan:cool:; no offence to other brands out there - only pure respect. Infact, one of my other favourite brands is Marantz - cant help it if they are from the same holdings:rolleyes:

But this one just beats every other firebreather out there. What do I call this beast?!

Denon POA-A1HDCI 10 Channel Power Amplifier Review — Audioholics Home Theater Reviews and News

Favourite quote from the review - "Somebody forgot to tell the engineers at Denon that just because you can build a thing, doesn??t necessarily follow that you must build that thing."

Cheers.

Good find. But tell you what, never trust Gene DellaSala. He is a big Denon pro (not that I am not :D)

Jokes apart, I left audioholics purely on the grounds that at some point in time they would discuss Denon and only Denon. Anything other than Denon would be a piece of s h i t and a big no no. That pissed me off.

I must confess even I have great respect for Denon gear. But Yamaha beat Denon on this front long ago. See this: RX-Z11 RX-Z11 was launched probably some lone time ago (may be over an year). 11.2 channels!!! WOW, now you do need some space in your HT room to accommodate this beast, don't you :eek:

It would be interesting to see how these two take each other head on. But I can tell in advance, the Denon would beat the Yamaha hands down (if the review was being done by Gene DellaSala that is :D)

I'm an avid audioholics member.
Gene does seem to like Denon gear but they also have good reviews on Yamaha receivers(including a very positive one on the yamaha, since Yamaha demoed them a RX-Z11 hooked up to RBH speakers in the audioholics CE Union show). Emotiva, Integras's which he recommends all have a reputation and quality.

I think audioholics is great.
Now they even have an online store but still give people on their forum the freedom to recommend other brands than the ones they carry, speaks of character.

Good find. But tell you what, never trust Gene DellaSala. He is a big Denon pro (not that I am not :D)

Jokes apart, I left audioholics purely on the grounds that at some point in time they would discuss Denon and only Denon. Anything other than Denon would be a piece of s h i t and a big no no. That pissed me off.

I must confess even I have great respect for Denon gear. But Yamaha beat Denon on this front long ago. See this: RX-Z11 RX-Z11 was launched probably some lone time ago (may be over an year). 11.2 channels!!! WOW, now you do need some space in your HT room to accommodate this beast, don't you :eek:

It would be interesting to see how these two take each other head on. But I can tell in advance, the Denon would beat the Yamaha hands down (if the review was being done by Gene DellaSala that is :D)

Last edited:
I agree Audioholics is a great forum. And I did say at some point in time ;) Well, they won't survive if they start favoring Denon blindly, so a bit of everything goes. But then let me be upfront I have not been following that forum off late.

Hi Unleash,
Good all-in-one amplifier.
But I have never been convinced by these high price multi channel amplifiers when it comes to VFM. It is a good option if one is cramped for space. If you have space, can??t you just get 5 two channel stereo amplifiers for the same money ? You get ten channels of discrete power and you can get them in dual mono configuration. The denon boasts of 200,000uF total storage capacity. If you go for 5 stereo power amplifiers with 120,000 uf each, you get a whooping 600,000 Uf ! If you go with amplifiers like odyssey, each dual mono amplifier has 240,000 Uf each or something so you end up with something like a mindblowing 12000,000 Uf of total current ! On top of this, you have separate chassis and heat sinks for each amp which will again contribute to the sound quality and drive. And you can achieve all this under 7k$.
So why a 10channel amp in one chassis ? Space is one thing. Any other reason ?
One more thing that always worries with all this ??all-in one box solutions? is that if something goes wrong with the unit, all your channels is lost. All bloody ten channels is gone. 7000 $ is poof !

Any thoughts ?

Hello Square wave?

You are indeed right about the component system configuration and, many a times, that will yield you more for the said amount spend.

But you see, first of all - right now I can??t afford to get one! Not just the price but the whole system is a bit of an overkill for me now. And yes this beast needs some real breathing space, so considering that ?? the odyssey idea is certainly a big no-no. I remember seeing the monster of an Odyssey amp @ your place. Man that one looks like it can breathe fire! So imagine 5 of them stacked one on to of the other?!!! -- might have to go for a private ranch in the outskirts of B??lore just to find place to accommodate them, not to forget the insurance needed to cover my tympanum injuries that might follow along with the law suit for public nuisances.

So that Denon is as of now an aspirational machine for me ?? For that matter, I always envied the guys who own the Kharma Exquisite Reference!

Cheers!

Hi Unleash,
I was just thinking aloud. Dreaming is one luxury we can all indulge in..:))
There are of course people who run multi-channel setups with one monoblock amp per speaker in Bangalore??.:)) The amps are placed behind each full range speaker.
And I recently heard about a full Linn 7.1 multi-channel setup in Bangalore where each speaker is tri-amped ( 3 monoblocks per speaker)??..Don??t u wish !

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back