I want to be a dealer of HIFI AV / HT component.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimishhome

Hi All,

Exist dealers and retailers pls. I want to be a dealer of HIFI AV / HT component. in Mumbai Thane area. Please suggest procedure

Regards,
Nimish

Hi All,

Exist dealers and retailers pls. I want to be a dealer of HIFI AV / HT component. in Mumbai Thane area. Please suggest procedure

Regards,
Nimish
I don't think people will dig their own Graves man.
People try to lessen competition according to human nature.

Anyways if you want to start dealership do contact the required speaker companies and ask them about the procedure, I guess they will definitely have a sales team behind.

Also another method of becoming if I would suggest is, work somewhere under a dealer. Get to know the asthetics. Then venture on your own.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

There are some good brands who don't have distributers in India, like Simaudio moon etc, contact those companies and become their dealer

In India, it isnt easy as running a business in Europe or the US. most house hold in US or Europe has some hifi stuff, in India the audience is very less... its tough to educate people from 2.1s. Its tougher to convince them that these old school big speakers really make sense. Even the people who are rich most of them are happy with their Boses as their purpose is well get done with them - Showoff, that I can afford a Bose.

In India, it isnt easy as running a business in Europe or the US. most house hold in US or Europe has some hifi stuff, in India the audience is very less... its tough to educate people from 2.1s. Its tougher to convince them that these old school big speakers really make sense. Even the people who are rich most of them are happy with their Boses as their purpose is well get done with them - Showoff, that I can afford a Bose.

And one more point to add.
People in India make furniture just for TV.
Speakers aren't even there on their wish list.
And some feel that 5-10k will buy them mind blowing stuff.

Example: my uncle saw my system and asked if he could get a surround system for 4-5k.
My reply : my speaker cables cost more than that

Hi All,

Regards,
Nimish
It is not a good business to be in; consumer choices are fickle and there are so many brands that you will not be able to cater to them all.
Also per capita incomes are not high enough in our country to make this business lucrative.

Often the talk here of high level of dealer margins; that in my view is an illusion and episodic and does not factor the high carrying cost of inventory, unsold stock and other overheads.

Proceed with caution!

If you want to do business then give customers a solid reason to buy from you.
Giving best prices isn't a solid reason. Coz anyone else will somehow manage to give at a lesser price.

I doubt OP is interested in this thread any more. No offence to anyone but we are just flogging a dead horse.

There are big issues with dealers also.. They just want to make easy money.. In any other form of sales, people have to work hard for their sale.. here the dealers won't even bother much, even if you specify the product you want.. Its like the well has come to the thirsty, still they are not interested.. let alone asking for a demo.. They just want high end costly products sell easily without them breaking a sweat.. It's not so abroad where the dealers have understanding of their products and r eager..

And one more point to add.
People in India make furniture just for TV.
Speakers aren't even there on their wish list.
And some feel that 5-10k will buy them mind blowing stuff.

Example: my uncle saw my system and asked if he could get a surround system for 4-5k.
My reply : my speaker cables cost more than that
I have friends who claim their previous altec lansing 2.1 was mind blowing and they miss them badly ;)

If one is passionate, ready to learn, investment capacity and has business sense can do really well.

That's what I feel.

I have friends who claim their previous altec lansing 2.1 was mind blowing and they miss them badly ;)
Definition of mind blowing changes from person to person ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All,

Regards,
Nimish
There is no demand for hifisystems or HT in Mumbai / Thane area. You may ocassionally sell one or two stuff in a month if you are lucky.

The only one time I went to a dealer, was to buy my first speakers ever And they were not any high end speakers, just monitor audio gold gx50's. But to their credit, they made me feel so unwelcome and almost a burden on their premises. I was uncomfortable from the outset, and almost felt I should apologize for me being there.

That was a moment of doubt when I didnt know if I should jump in the rabbit hole or not. But having taken the plunge, I haven't bothered to visit that place again.

Hi
Thanks to all for valuable advises:). Actually I am active on this forum, but really i forgot this thread:rolleyes: that i was created at three years ago, because of not any response.

After that some struggling in this field, I had paused this due to the some financial issue. But now (three months back) i have taken dealership from one distributor in Mumbai.

regards
Nimish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back