Ideal PSU for HTPC

How is Gigabyte 460W SMPS? Anybody using it....:p

Always calculate total actual power output by multiplying volt to ampere & finally adding all.Does it come close to 460?Secondly effeciency of powersupply has to be more than 80%.

Always calculate total actual power output by multiplying volt to ampere & finally adding all.Does it come close to 460?Secondly effeciency of powersupply has to be more than 80%.

I think we did lots of calculation on this thread;).. and for an HTPC, 460W even at 70% efficiency ie around 322W continous would be more than sufficient...
I think I got a good deal, the Gigabyte is rated at 460W, has a 12cm cooling fan, and also has active PFC.

The Gigabyte is noisy and not very efficient, as far as reviews go.

Surprisingly, the same review gave very good marks all around to the CM Extreme Power supply, except for very high ripple - which is a real problem if you're looking for clean audio. It had a pretty silent fan though.

Brother...Bought it already!! Gigabyte is silent. got to put your ear to hear it..I don't of the efficiency as yet though!!

Anyway please do give me the link to the Gigabyte review....I would love to read it in any case. I dont whether the review os of the same model GE-R460-V1

Last edited:
Folks

I am building an audio PC as I am tired of burning CDs.
I already have a i-ball slim baby case lying around which does not accept full ATX size PSU. The Original PSU is 150mmx120mmx63mm or 5.8"x4.75"x2.5".

Edit: I dont want to buy the extremely noisy i-ball PSU :( And the only ones that fit apper to be SFX form factor http://www.seasonic.com.tw/product/pc_sfx.jsp

and HEC product HEC-270FC-TX

So the question is How is SFX PSU different from ATX? Will I get the right connectors with it?

Edit: found the answer http://www.silentpcreview.com/article286-page1.html thanks for reading this :)

Now the real Question is - Where in India can I buy a Seasonic SFX PSU? :)

TIA
Regards

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back