IEMs for Cowon D2

surinder1508

Guys I'm looking for IEMs around 2K to pair up Cowon D2.I like to have best possible SQ and lots of bass as well (may be asking too much in my budget :eek:hyeah: )

If you want lots of bass, try the Senn cx300, soundmagic pl 11 etc. Better SQ and bass are diff to get at 2k. But there are many good sq iems which are slightly bass light at this price point.

OK can compromise on bass a bit but give me best possible SQ in my budget and I can shell out 3K at most for the sake of SQ but give me around 2K options first.

Within 2K, Soundmagic PL-11 (Rs. 600?) is said to have plenty of bass. But for SQ, PL-30 and PL-50 (2K and 2.5K?) are recommended. But, both are bass light.

As iAudio mentioned, CX-300 and Creative EP-630 are also recommended for bass. But, EP-630's bass is muddy. I have read that people feel PL-11 is a better choice than Ep-630 within the price range. So, I'll second iAudio's reco of PL-11.

If you like lot of bass quantity and clean bass, Hippo VB for around 3.5K (or less) is an option. It's got wide sound stage, three bass plates to tune the quantity of bass (though the medium 2 dot bass plate is the only thing I use) and has plenty of bass quantity and quality. It seems to me that it extends very well in bass since it produces some notes I do not hear on other IEMs. But there's a major problem - they are very sibilant. Some say they are less sibilant after 100 hours, some say after 500 hours and I .. have no clue. But, I "forgive" them because of their bass.

In the similar price range (3-4K), Klipsch S4 and Fischer Eterna are recommended. I do not have either of them.

Last edited:
Surinder,
Beta Brainwavz - 1.1k
Soundmagic Pl 11- 700
Head direct re2- 1.8k
Head direct re0 - 4k
Klipsch s4- 4k

You may want to read through head-fi, which has a fairly large review section on IEMs. Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors - Page 3 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

I bought a RE0 for my Cowon a few weeks back. I had the Klipsch 4 in my shortlist as well as RE2.

Mr Asit selected RE2 for his son's Ipod. He started a fairly long discussion on IEMs. RE2 is within your budget.

There are many models from Ultimate Ears (which i owned till i was robbed of them) which would be within your budget (metro fi).

^ NE-7m is basically NE-6 with a mic.

NE-6 is a good choice under 2K.

Fischer Eterna - I have no idea. I back-ordered Eterna from Lynx India in Jan and I am now being offered a refund. So, not clear whether he is doing this only for long waiting pre-orders or he won't import Fischer Audio IEMs at all. He has got the samples though.

I am thinking of getting Eterna from here (once they are in stock): Fischer Audio Eterna In-Ear Monitors. Shipping cost to India is about SGD 20.

RE-0 is a completely different IEM. It's bass light and a bit analytical. May not suit you if you are looking for something with a bit of bass quantity.

Last edited:
^ NE-7m is basically NE-6 with a mic.

NE-6 is a good choice under 2K.

Fischer Eterna - I have no idea. I back-ordered Eterna from Lynx India in Jan and I am now being offered a refund. So, not clear whether he is doing this only for long waiting pre-orders or he won't import Fischer Audio IEMs at all. He has got the samples though.

I am thinking of getting Eterna from here (once they are in stock): Fischer Audio Eterna In-Ear Monitors. Shipping cost to India is about SGD 20.

RE-0 is a completely different IEM. It's bass light and a bit analytical. May not suit you if you are looking for something with a bit of bass quantity.

I'm also interested please guide me the whole proses of importing from them and how much I have to pay in INR up to my doorsteps.

I'm also interested please guide me the whole proses of importing from them and how much I have to pay in INR up to my doorsteps.

The best way is to pay through PayPal. Register your credit card with Paypal and use it.

The total charges would be SGD 85 for Eterna + SGD 19.99 for world-wide shipping = S$ 105 (approx Rs. 3350). PayPal conversion / Credit Card charges could make it around Rs. 3400 or so. It's better to keep Rs. 1000+ for customs, even though you might get lucky sometimes ;)

I've not bought much from Singapore. I recently bought a few little things (like silicone case for Clip+) from SG via eBay. I got my items on the 13th day. I think it's a bit longer (Left SG on 2nd day and it took 11 days within India).

If you are ready to spend Rs. 4K for this, you might as well take a look at Hippo VB, which is available from Jaben India distributor, Moshel. Contact him via PM at TechEnclave - here. He should be able to deliver it within 3-4 days. BUT, it is sibilant and some people feel it's "harsh" in the highs as well (not me personally), which is why I hesitate to recommend it whole heartedly.

I think NE-6 IEMs will reach BuyGamingStuff within the next few days. For Rs. 1700 odd, I think it makes sense to try them out.

There you go - all options before you. It's one thing to spend under a Rs. 1000 and get slightly disappointed, but you should read up a bit more in head-fi about all your choices esp. the cons before you step it up to 3-5K IEMs.

So having Fischer Eterna at my place looks way to complicated for me n lil bit out of budget if sweet custom duty enters in the scenario in that case I think I should settle for NE-6 @1.8K or look for some high end used stuff.So anybody here to sell his/her high end IEM do let me know.

Guys I planed as of know I shall settle for NE-6 @1.8K N one of my relative is coming from UK in June I'm looking for Shure se 115 @100 Pounds or Beyerdynamic DTX 100 @100 pounds or Ultimate ears Fi 5vi @110 pounds or Klipsch S4i @90 pounds.

So what you say which is the best around 100 pounds in UK?

Surinder, I am not sure UK is one of the best places to shop for IEMs, I mean cost wise. US would be much better.

If you want lots of bass, try the Senn cx300, soundmagic pl 11 etc. Better SQ and bass are diff to get at 2k. But there are many good sq iems which are slightly bass light at this price point.

In your setup, I can see the Senn PMX60. How is the sound quality? Recently I had auditioned it, but the sound is not convincing. It is available for Rs. 600/-

So having Fischer Eterna at my place looks way to complicated for me n lil bit out of budget if sweet custom duty enters in the scenario in that case I think I should settle for NE-6 @1.8K or look for some high end used stuff.So anybody here to sell his/her high end IEM do let me know.

I order eterna from treoo.com. It reached me in 20 working days. No custom duty was charged. It cost me INR 3453
http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/8665-post-your-latest-purchase-s-13.html#post125127

Surinder

I am transiting through Bangkok airport andif you let me know the choice and the price i can check it for you. I could later on ship it to you from Bombay. Where are you based.

Alternatively, if you spot a good deal in Manila, i would be there for a few days this week.

Regards

Surinder

I am transiting through Bangkok airport andif you let me know the choice and the price i can check it for you. I could later on ship it to you from Bombay. Where are you based.

Alternatively, if you spot a good deal in Manila, i would be there for a few days this week.

Regards

Thanks a lot if you can get an IEM for me from abroad but I couldn't spot any store in BK or Manila so far. So if you can try on your own please get either of them Hippo VB, Beyerdynamic DTX, Klipsch S4, Fischer Eterna. Please try to get best VFM possible.

In your setup, I can see the Senn PMX60. How is the sound quality? Recently I had auditioned it, but the sound is not convincing. It is available for Rs. 600/-
The Pmx60 is very bass light. But vocals and strings are good on it. Again there is no isolation, so sounds from outside bother you. Comfort is ok, looks nice too. I used to use it with my Nokia 5130. I wondered why Nokia bundled such a headphone with their nokia 5800( I mean the targeted crowd would definitely like some amount of bass) but once I heard it with 5800, I understood they make a very good match. It has just the right amount of bass with that phone.

Thanks a lot if you can get an IEM for me from abroad but I couldn't spot any store in BK or Manila so far. So if you can try on your own please get either of them Hippo VB, Beyerdynamic DTX, Klipsch S4, Fischer Eterna. Please try to get best VFM possible.

Klipsch S4i: Get it from Prashaant on TE - Rs. 3990
Hippo VB : Get it from Moshel on TE - around Rs. 3500 or less (Ask for quote. Could be lesser too!)

IMHO, it will both be faster and cheaper for you to get directly from them.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back