Impending TV purchase, advice needed

Vandal

Hi guys,
I'm finally going to pick up an HDTV after quite a bit of deliberation. I'm looking to get something in the range of 42~50-inches and am a bit undecided between an LCD, LED or plasma, although my leaning towards a plasma is only due to the extra size i.e. 50-inches, for a lesser price. My hall room has an issue with reflections, and this would definitely be an issue.

I recently saw the LG 42" SL90 and while I wasn't too much of an LED fan earlier, I was impressed. Avatar was playing and the colour and contrast surprised me. The backlight transitions also seemed pretty smooth. This was in a lit showroom, and I didn't notice much reflections, although the panel seemed glossy.

I'll probably go in for one of the EMI options available, so I have no specific budget, although I'd like to spend less than 80~85K.

My usage pattern:
1) TV (35%)
2) Native 720p/1080p HD movies (30%)
3) non-HD movies (20%)
4) Gaming (PC, PS3), music etc (15%)

Any suggestions? Any advice?
Thanks

Ezone had a special discount on the model you had mentioned,priced at 67k,contact them before the price is revised

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back