Inclined towards Samsung 40C630 over 40C530 and LG 42LD460

anandk

Hello friends. Wishing you all a very happy Diwali.

Just returned from Croma. I had shortlisted the C630, C530 and LD460 for a 40" LCD. Took a friend along and my impressions are:
LG LD 460 was good, though not impressive. The real choice was now between C630 and C530. Between the two, there were visible differences especially during fast moving scenes and C630 came out as a good option. I was a bit skeptical on the budget front. Here's what Croma (R City, Mumbai) is offering:
Display price: 64,990/- with free 22" Videocon LCD and Airtel HD DTH. After some haggling, the price being offered is:

55,000 (after reducing 7K towards 22" LCD and approx 3K for my 29" CRT). we were informed there cannot be any discounts towards the Airtel HD DTH. We either take it or leave it. Wanted to check with you all:

overall view on C630...any specific negatives? Can i go ahead?
is the price ok?

thanks.

Hi anandk,

Do not fall in to the Croma trap. They loot people - worst offers / discounts on earth. They are a shame to Tata group.

Hunt around at Vijay Sales, eZone for deals. Better still visit a local dealer with warranty.

Samsung 40C630 (good choice) should be available for 55K-56k without exchange of 29" CRT.

Where do you stay? PM me and I'll get enquire with my local dealers so that you get a fair idea.

Am planning to get samsung 40c650 and the best offer i got so far is 64,200 Rs. is it a good deal here in chennai ?.. I initially wanted to go the 40c630( 56K) but when compared the matte finish panel the glossier c650 looked better.

I just got a 40C630 and am very impressed witht he PQ. The 550 has a lot of motion blur for fast moving images

ntzn, that's a decent price but 61K-62K is what you should really haggle for. Else ask the dealer to throw 5K worth freebies like external HDD, digicam or anything useful. Check out the price thread - you may find useful info.

Agree that C650's glossy panel (ultra clear) provides a better dimension to pictures.

Last edited:
Hey guys ,
Actually have been visiting this site from past few days , and getting to know the user feedback on few lcd tv's. Finally agreed upon going for Samsung 40LAc630..
Display price: 64,990/-@ chroma (Bangalore) , was given first offer for 57890 (BEst price it seems claimed by dealer @ chroma) then called up few other shops around bangalore , finnally this one shop caught my ears ringing , he quoted 56k(with 2gm silver coin) final offer , came back to CHroma and said him if he can match it , finally after lots of hearing bargaining and telling stories got the LCD for 56k:clapping:,
with airtel HD DTH under no exchange of any tv what so ever..
finally brought the lcd @ chroma as it was close to my place than the other place ....
btw got to know 49000 for 40c530 (samsung) @ bangalore chroma

Special thanks to the website and users @ Hifivision for giving me an idea of the present market price and how much to expect .... Cheers:)...

ntzn, that's a decent price but 61K-62K is what you should really haggle for. Else ask the dealer to throw 5K worth freebies like external HDD, digicam or anything useful. Check out the price thread - you may find useful info.

Agree that C650's glossy panel (ultra clear) provides a better dimension to pictures.

Hmm. i thought i did a reasonable bargaining. The initial price was 72k and as per the dealer it came down to 64.2K after all the disocunts.Am not sure hes gonna buy the idea of freebies.Let me ask em again.

Good inputs...let me check with some local dealers and see if i can better the Croma offer. I anyways was planning to buy from a local dealer rather than Croma.

purchased samsung 40C650 for 63k with free airtel HD dth service. its an ok deal i guess.

Hey guys ,
Actually have been visiting this site from past few days , and getting to know the user feedback on few lcd tv's. Finally agreed upon going for Samsung 40LAc630..
Display price: 64,990/-@ chroma (Bangalore) , was given first offer for 57890 (BEst price it seems claimed by dealer @ chroma) then called up few other shops around bangalore , finnally this one shop caught my ears ringing , he quoted 56k(with 2gm silver coin) final offer , came back to CHroma and said him if he can match it , finally after lots of hearing bargaining and telling stories got the LCD for 56k:clapping:,
with airtel HD DTH under no exchange of any tv what so ever..
finally brought the lcd @ chroma as it was close to my place than the other place ....
btw got to know 49000 for 40c530 (samsung) @ bangalore chroma

Special thanks to the website and users @ Hifivision for giving me an idea of the present market price and how much to expect .... Cheers:)...

Hi Monk,
Could you please tell me which croma store did you buy from?

regards,
Sagar

I bought 40c630 from croma, bangalore on 3rd nov . They finally offered me a price of 56.5k
over this i got 2.5 % tata employee discount thru my tcs friend.
Final bill amount was 55k and then since i swiped using my mastercard debit card i will get a 1k cashback.

So guys, final price for me was 54k with airtel HD dth free

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back