India bandh ......

avidyarthy

How bad is it?

Many private offices in Delhi are closed. I did not send my daughter to school, but am attending office.

My route to office, though had traffic during morning rush hour, but it was quite free flowing unlike the usual jams ...

How bad is it?

Many private offices in Delhi are closed. I did not send my daughter to school, but am attending office.

My route to office, though had traffic during morning rush hour, but it was quite free flowing unlike the usual jams ...

i think india bandh will have 0 affect on petro/diesel prices what u say :rolleyes:

I am at work (6AM to 6:30 PM) while most of Bangalore including 99% of my colleagues are enjoying their extended weekend:(.

I don't see Hyderabad having any significant effect.. Me (private) and my wife (govt) both are attending office... I saw few BJPs guys on streets while coming to office.. Petrol pumps are all open..

Pune roads are also having the deserted look today. Though, I am in office today :sad:.
There have been some instances of violence in Mumbai today.

Last edited:
Bangalore and karnataka are affected because the state government here is BJP. Me and my wife are enjoying the extended weekend.

I don't see Hyderabad having any significant effect.. Me (private) and my wife (govt) both are attending office... I saw few BJPs guys on streets while coming to office.. Petrol pumps are all open..

+1. No effect.
Infact if anything I think I saw more traffic on the roads today. :D
My office is almost full like any normal day.

He he:lol:, here in Kerala, we take our Bandhs seriously, it is our State Festival!Complete bandh:sad:! Our ruling party is always the first to support when there are strikes, protests and first to oppose when there is development, court bans on traffic blocking demonstrations etc!

Only the BJP calls for Bandhs in it's own ruled states. The hypocrites will not lower the excessively high local taxes on petroleum products, but they want the central government to keep subsidizing losses to the tune of tens of thousands of crores a year. The Indian public and media has got to be thestupidest in the world. Does no one realize the actual break up of the final retail prices of Diesel/Petrol? The height of hyprocrisy is, that the only time Diesel and Petrol were both decontrolled, BJP was the party in power at the center.

In any case, what does a Bandh accomplish other than causing severe losses to the exchequer and the country? The worst part is, that a Bandh hurts the very common man, that these political parties are championing, the most. The poor daily wage earner will not be able to feed his family because the likes of Advani & Bindra Karat see an opportunity for political gain.

Shame on one and all who support 'bandhs'.

Last edited:
He he:lol:, here in Kerala, we take our Bandhs seriously, it is our State Festival!Complete bandh:sad:! Our ruling party is always the first to support when there are strikes, protests and first to oppose when there is development, court bans on traffic blocking demonstrations etc!

..........ala...........WEST BANGAL (sorry, Bengal) .... damn communists!

6 AM to 6.30 PM ......... what kinda work you are into?????
I work for the IT department of an Australian Bank and one of the unlucky few who had a deliverable that had to go out today:(. My usual timings are 7AM to 4PM. 6AM to 6.30 PM is only for today because the Bandh is from 6 to 6 and my company did not want to ply any vehicles during this time.

I work for the IT department of an Australian Bank and one of the unlucky few who had a deliverable that had to go out today:(. My usual timings are 7AM to 4PM. 6AM to 6.30 PM is only for today because the Bandh is from 6 to 6 and my company did not want to ply any vehicles during this time.

with a chauffeur & a flunkey, by thunder!
Some lucky people get 'driven' to work .......:mad:. The bankwallas splurge, for sure.........

+1 to iaudio's post,we are the most literate state and yet showcase pure,unadulterated,unabashed idiocy :mad:.i constantly wonder,how misplaced the catch phrase,.."gods own country" is.honestly,if god chose to reside here,me thinks our ever dependable citizens would have driven him out on some pretext or the other,or even protested at his very presence in the state :p!!!hey,i love my state,and my country more,..but we are slowly but surely on the path to self-annhilation.progress indeed!!!!mera bharath mahan,..tha.

@manu,ur 100% right.

cheers

it is my b'day today, and I am in office (noida). Hoping to leave early today.

Many Many happy returns of the day... Hope you get to exit from office quickly and spend some time partying and enjoying with family n friends..

:cool:

it is my b'day today, and I am in office (noida). Hoping to leave early today.

Happy Birthday ANM. Wish You All the Best :).

@ Avidyarthy: Happy Anniversary, Sir :).

Coming to the topic, I wonder, why can't our people take out peaceful protests than burning tyres, cars, trains, buses, hearts and what not? They damage private vehicles and buildings, I wonder who gave the protesters the authority to do so? AAM - AADMI has to bear the burnt of price rise as well as the damages caused by these protesters. Which AAM AADMI are the parties fighting for? I won't single out any particular political party, I feel all are SAME :mad:.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back