India Launch date of PS3 Slim:

Ashish: Subhash commented that " There are issues of decoding of all HD codecs in PS3". Have you experienced any of this? Do you agree with this?

Sumit, what Subhash has said is a problem with the Phat PS3. That too the problem was that Phat PS3 was only capable of LPCM out for the HD formats namely DTS MA HD and Dolby TruHD. Since you are looking at the slim, this issue has been overcome. Slim is able to bitstream uncompressed audio and present it to your AVR for decoding.

This is why I bought the slim. Now, I need to get an AVR that is HDMI capable to experience it.

Ashish: Subhash commented that " There are issues of decoding of all HD codecs in PS3". Have you experienced any of this? Do you agree with this?
With introduction of slim, PS3 can bit-stream HD audio as well. I am not aware of any other limitations wrt HD audio

edit beaten by Santhosh

Last edited:
I think that what Subhash is refering to is with the Older PS3 before the firmware ver 2.30, it couldn't decode DTS HD audio, but as after that firmware that glitch has been removed, also since now the slim is capable of both bitstreaming as well as sending LPCM output of All hd audio formats so you need not worry on that front.
In your case since you have an older AVR i.e Marantz 5001 so you would be using the decoding functions of the PS3 and pass on the signal as LPCM to your AVR.

I heard there are ways to copy PlayStation 3 (PS3) games. Some say it's possible some don't, and the people that say it is possible say it isn't so easy and they don't always work.

So I am wondering, is it possible to copy PS3 games, if yes do you know how?
------------------------------
Click here to copy ps3 games:
copying ps3 games^_^how to copy ps3 games

Gabrina! Welcome to HFV
I have heard that there are ways to copy ps3 games but I have never tried.
Cheers!

Hey Guys!!

After creating the thread for PS3 slim and waiting for the same to be launched, I have ended up buying oppo BD-83!!

Ashish loaned his ps3 to me. I still have it. I have the same with me since over 10 days. In these days, I only played games for 2 hours tops and watched one complete blu ray only. I realized that I am not going to play enough games on the ps3 to buy the device. Then I had a discussion with Ashish and I ordered the BD-83. I am quite pleased with my purchase and special thanks to Ashish.

I chose the oppo because of the following reasons:

Software Hackable for BR and DVD playback.
Hardware mod is also a piece of cake.
Excellent universal player
Great build quality
Universal Input Voltage
Lightning Fast loading times
Dedicated Analogue stereo output (not imp for me though, as I use a DAC)

Cheers!!

Hey Guys!!

After creating the thread for PS3 slim and waiting for the same to be launched, I have ended up buying oppo BD-83!!

Ashish loaned his ps3 to me. I still have it. I have the same with me since over 10 days. In these days, I only played games for 2 hours tops and watched one complete blu ray only. I realized that I am not going to play enough games on the ps3 to buy the device. Then I had a discussion with Ashish and I ordered the BD-83. I am quite pleased with my purchase and special thanks to Ashish.

I chose the oppo because of the following reasons:

Software Hackable for BR and DVD playback.
Hardware mod is also a piece of cake.
Excellent universal player
Great build quality
Universal Input Voltage
Lightning Fast loading times
Dedicated Analogue stereo output (not imp for me though, as I use a DAC)

Cheers!!

Congratulation for your new purchase and no need to say thanks for anything. I think thats what the friends are for to help each other. Its great to have a like minded friend like you, whom I met through this forum.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back