Indian Brand 5.1Speaker set for Yamaha RX-V671

techy

Hi,
I am looking to pair up Indian brands 5.1 Speaker Set (package) with Yamha RXV671. here are details
1. Room size is 16x18,
2. this setup would be primarily used for 70% Movies/TV and 30% Music mostly instrumental at low volume.
3. Budget is around 15K. and I live in Bangalore.

Indian brand Speaker Models I am looking at are
space audio SM-10x speakers
Telome -TS 10AX
Sanenaudio SN 5.1 B

I am planning to audition Space audio SM-10x over the weekend, other two brands dont have presence in Bangalore so I have to rely on reviews from the net or forums like Hifivision. Since I am noob to HTS need your suggestion. Which on would be good for my kind of listening and my budget. I am open to the idea of custom building speakers for my requirement if there is any one who is doing it Bangalore. Please advice.:)

In Mumbai - Lithos Acoustics - though i doubt your budget would be met. Lithos Acoustics makes the Noa 1 and the Little 1 - and other types too. Take a look at Lithos Acoustics

In Mumbai - Lithos Acoustics - though i doubt your budget would be met. Lithos Acoustics makes the Noa 1 and the Little 1 - and other types too. Take a look at Lithos Acoustics
Thanks MPW, yeah all these models are in the range of 20K :) do you have any idea how much are Lithos models? Thanks!

15K Indian speaker system for a high end AVR like yamaha 671? I would say a strict no no. If you are on a tight budget upgrade step by step starting with a pair of good BS.

15K Indian speaker system for a high end AVR like yamaha 671? I would say a strict no no. If you are on a tight budget upgrade step by step starting with a pair of good BS.
Thanks Baiju, Do you have any suggestion for BS Center and Sub? with the budget of 25-30K ( over a period of time)

If you really want to buy an Indian brand I would strongly suggest Sonodyne. Have been using them for more than 6 years with Yam 457. The 2605 towers cost around INR 25k here. You wont need a sub immediately as the dual LF 6" drivers are quite good. The Roarr sub from Sonodyne should be about 15k (not sure, search on the forum).

cheers

If you really want to buy an Indian brand I would strongly suggest Sonodyne. Have been using them for more than 6 years with Yam 457. The 2605 towers cost around INR 25k here. You wont need a sub immediately as the dual LF 6" drivers are quite good. The Roarr sub from Sonodyne should be about 15k (not sure, search on the forum).

cheers
Thanks Nindo, I think Sonus is bit on the higher side :sad::sad: I might get thrown out of the house if I talk about increasing the budget but will audition it along with my better half, I may be able to convince ;)

Thanks Kittu, Do you have suggestion for SUB, Center and Surround?

:)

Well if you have budget you can buy the same series sub , center and surrounds. But that will set you back by another 50 or 60k .

I would say if you are close to 25-35 budget for entire setup , look at energy take classic or boston soundware xs.

Well if you have budget you can buy the same series sub , center and surrounds. But that will set you back by another 50 or 60k .

I would say if you are close to 25-35 budget for entire setup , look at energy take classic or boston soundware xs.
Thanks Kittu.

Your passion is like mine.Would like to say, add Sonodyne 2605V2 Fls only for now.Upgrade every year in steps.

This is because ,soon you will be in 70% music and 30% movies,once you hook up your Yamaha to the Fls in 2ch stereo mode. This happened to me.

Definitely include your wife in the demo,and play Sawariya( Kailash Kher ).
Your job will be done.

Lithos is excellent. Their 5.1 system will cost around 65K.
I would really love to buy these after auditioning but looks like that aint going to happen, 1. my budget is way below approx 25k 2. they dont have presence in Bangalore. Thanks for the input though

Your passion is like mine.Would like to say, add Sonodyne 2605V2 Fls only for now.Upgrade every year in steps.

This is because ,soon you will be in 70% music and 30% movies,once you hook up your Yamaha to the Fls in 2ch stereo mode. This happened to me.

Definitely include your wife in the demo,and play Sawariya( Kailash Kher ).
Your job will be done.
I agree with you I might go this route of building 5.1 one over a period of time.

Get a pair of Wharfedale 9.2 or PSB Alpha B1. Later add the rest in chain.
Kittu, would you be able to provide me some dealers in Bangalore, who can give good discounts on Wharf ? I am ok buying from Grey market if the Guy is reliable. Thanks

Kittu, would you be able to provide me some dealers in Bangalore, who can give good discounts on Wharf ? I am ok buying from Grey market if the Guy is reliable. Thanks

You can try with Htstore, Vector systems and Final touch.

Wharfedale Obsidian 600 Home Theatre Package?
I was looking at building 5.1 over a period of time ( or buy all at once if I get a better deal)
This is what I am looking at
Bookshelves - Diamond 10.2
Center - Diamond 10 CS
Sub - Diamond SW 150

Any suggestion for Surround from wharf or any other brand?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back