Indian Movies on Blu-ray

Hi,

Sharad good to hear that you got hold it so soon !! I have seen it so what you say might be true !!

You are one of those lucky guys to own and comment on it this early (keeping indian Blu-Ray scene in mind)

When Am I invited to watch some buddy :p ??

Regards.

Saawariya looks like this:
Blu-ray.com - Screenshot

Where as other movies look like this:
Blu-ray.com - Screenshot
Blu-ray.com - Screenshot
Blu-ray.com - Screenshot

Sorry, I could not get the scree shots for the non-animated movies.
----------------------------
Hi Soundsgreat,

It would be a pleasure to meet you in person. Just that I am too tied up right now :(
Also that I sold off my old receiver. So temporarily I am depending on two stereo amps for the sound :D

Whenever I get time, I need to buy a new HD receiver (Onkyo 875), and start calling the projector folks for demoing the 1080P/24 projectors.

Thanks,
Sharad

Sharad: they are screen captures taken straight from PCs

Hope you are enjoying the blurays, saawarya PQ is of reference quality but audio is very poor (or doesn't match up with original audio CD)

That is true.

About the screen shots, they are quite representative of the what I see on screen. Camera pictures are mostly not.

The audio was bit of a let down. Even my wife immediately mentioned that the CD sounds better. I was hoping that the HD audio would sound better once I get the HD receiver, but the CD sounds better on the same NAD amp.

Thanks,
Sharad

Nice you spotted that! some instruments are completely missing from the HD track.

PS. Onkyo prices drop by 40% by yesterday since March 08. Also worth to note that best way to go for dual output is on the receiver end, that means you may have to look into NR905 model

The audio was bit of a let down. Even my wife immediately mentioned that the CD sounds better.

Hi,

Sharad its ok buddy !! I was just kidding with you :p !

But on a serious note I would like to meet though ! Also would love if you visit me and check out My DIY and give me your impressions on them ! perhaps some time in the near future !!

btw which is BDP you have ??

Regards.

suniil>>Nice you spotted that! some instruments are completely missing from the HD track.
On a second thought, they seem to have used a different mix for the CD and movie.

soundsgreat>>btw which is BDP you have ??
Panasonic DMP-BD30

BTW, your DIY stuff looks awesome. I would surely like to listen to it some time.

Regards,
Sharad

dude this is a bit OT, but i am desperately searching for sme blu-ray movies. Unfortunately, i dint get it here in india. Can anybody guide as to where can i buy them? (My location being n ludhiana,punjab) :) Thanks in advance!

Hi peeru1,

Where did you find this list?
I have not seen these Blu-ray disks anywhere. I have been following this closely, and have encountered only Heyy Babyy, Saawariya and Om Shanti Om.

I would like to buy some of the movies you listed here, though most of them are not my cup of tea, or not worth buying once again on Blu-ray.

Thanks,
Sharad

I am not sure if you encountered rips that appeared to be from Blu-ray sources, but people might have uploaded DVD source that looks like Blu-ray.

I have been tracking blu-ray releases closely for the last 10 months since I bought a Blu-ray player. I am sure some of the movies you have listed below have not yet been released on Blu-ray, any where in the world. I am including online stores as well brick and mortar shops in the US.

Thanks,
Sharad

dey r pirated ones which havent released as yet in markets. i am dead sure dat dey r blue rays.

If they are not relesed in whatever market --- from where pirates get it?
Ehat type of soundtrack it has?/ As it is any official relesed Hindi blue ray is encoded in Dolby True HD 7.1??
What is the file size of rip?
What type of hardware you are usin to test it?

Peeru1,

Most of the images posted above have just around 500 lines of resolution. I am not sure what we can prove through them.

Here is a list of Blu-ray releases for Hindi movies:
  • Heyy Babyy
  • Saawariya
  • Om Shanti Om
  • Jodhaa Akbar (in some countries)

Non-Indian movies about India:
  • Gandhi
  • Slumdog Millionaire
  • A Passage to India
  • The Story of India
  • Ganges

A few Tamil movies have also been released on Blu-ray.

I may have missed a couple of them released during the last one month, but I am even more sure now that most of the stuff you have listed is not yet released on Blu-ray.

Thanks,
Sharad

well dude give me ur e mail i will mail u d screenshots of d blue ray releases. dey r pirated ones which havent released as yet in markets. i am dead sure dat dey r blue rays. jus give me ur email id n ill post u d screens n d links tc

Just curious - are you texting on this forums or is that your writing style. I can't understand a fair bit of what you are saying.

As far as i know i think theyre just upscaled versions of dvd to 720p/1080p.

Like the rips on desidhamal.com

Just curious - are you texting on this forums or is that your writing style. I can't understand a fair bit of what you are saying.

Mars, my man, you and I are getting old :). You should read Neeru's text as follows:

ORIGINAL
well dude give me ur e mail i will mail u d screenshots of d blue ray releases. dey r pirated ones which havent released as yet in markets. i am dead sure dat dey r blue rays. jus give me ur email id n ill post u d screens n d links tc
ORIGINAL

TRANSLATED
Well Dude, give me your email (ID), (and) I will mail you the screen shots of the Blu-Ray releases. They are pirated ones and have not (been) released as yet in the markets. I am pretty (I don't want to kill the poor guy) sure that they are Blu-Ray(s). Just give me your email ID and I will post you the screens and the links to see.
TRANSLATED

But seriously, it is sad that people murder a language as beautiful as English. I can understand using some of these silly abbreviations in an SMS, but in a forum like this where you can actually exhibit your writing skills? Tsk. Tsk.

Cheers

Language is a lost art... Not just limited to English. Most young people don't know their mother tongue i.e. to read and write, even though they can speak it.

The main culprit I see is in the decline of the wonderful habit of reading books. No one seems to read books or even e-books these days. I hardly come across any youngsters who know or have heard of The Famous Five, The Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew, etc. If they've not heard (rather read) them then you can forget about others like Sheldon, Ludlum, Archer, Cussler, Uris, Steel, Christie, Cartland, L'Amour, King, Grisham, Brown... ah well the list can go on. The only good thing is at least Harry Potter is read!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back