Integrated Amp for Wharf 9.5 FS

i got the same rate from there. i thought imgene bought somewhere else and at a better rate

You need to get hold of imgene. PM to him if you can.

AS500 is a perfect match for your warfs. The dynamic power of this amp is 150 watts X 2 @ 6 ohms.

Your warfs are also rated at 150 watts @ 6 ohms each.

Best of luck.:)

thanks a lot man
i am zeroed in on them so far

You are most welcome. :)

Please don't forget to write a short review after you have bought this amp or for the matter any amp & paired with those beautiful warfs.

Impatiently waiting.:licklips:

Bet of luck. :)

got a rate of 22500 (only up til day after) for yamaha as 500
i think i shall pick it

Sorry to disturb you with your purchase at this time. I have auditioned Yamaha AS500 . It has a good base and turning the base maximum I observed it is slightly out of pitch. My advise is not to use 9.5 with AS500 as the 9.5s also have heavy base. 22.5 K for AS 500 is the current price even at hyderabad. My advise is go with Marantz PM 7004 .

Regards

Sorry to disturb you with your purchase at this time. I have auditioned Yamaha AS500 . It has a good base and turning the base maximum I observed it is slightly out of pitch. My advise is not to use 9.5 with AS500 as the 9.5s also have heavy base. 22.5 K for AS 500 is the current price even at hyderabad. My advise is go with Marantz PM 7004 .

Regards

thanks for your advice and bringing in the new angle. i had almost bought the yamaha but you might have your own valued comments.

now its back to drawing boards

I dint wanna go to that budget. If I have to then I am getting atols for that price. Then why stick with yamaha or marantz. I think I will still stick to yamaha as 500. Although will audition a few

I have auditioned Yamaha AS500 . It has a good base and turning the base maximum I observed it is slightly out of pitch.

Which amp have more base PM7004 or AS500?

My advise is not to use 9.5 with AS500 as the 9.5s also have heavy base.

Then that's good. There is a good old bass knob in the amp, use it and reduce the bass when required. And always be happy that you have a lot of bass in reserve which can be be quite useful at times.:thumbsup:

thanks for your advice and bringing in the new angle. i had almost bought the yamaha but you might have your own valued comments.

now its back to drawing boards

The reasons of my suggestion to PM 7004 are:
1. It has good Mids and Highs
2. Yam AS 500 has somewhat uncontrollable base when turned full
3. Power of AS 500 though rated at 85W / channel is not matching with PM 7004 though rated at 70W/ Channel. You can audition them yourself on a power hungry speakers like Wharf 9.5s which demads more power for its true performance.
4. 9.5s lack Midrange . Run them on any amp. Their sound signature in order is base>treable>Mids. As Lack of base to some extent in PM 7004 will be taken care by 9.5s and lack of Mids in 9.5s will be taken care by PM 7004. Thus a balance of frequencies is maintained .
5. Apart form this , you have to shell down 24K more if you consider PM 7004 though AS 500 boasts good specifications and more features to that of PM 7004.
I myself had purchased AZUR 650A a month back to take on my 9.5s after auditioning the above and could not go with PM 7004 because of its cost.

Regards

I can think of azurs but after reading through a lot I think the yamahas are better then azure for 9.5

you have to shell down 24K more if you consider PM 7004 though AS 500 boasts good specifications and more features to that of PM 7004.

I think all the arguments ends here.

Comparison cannot be made between the two amps when one costs nearly two times the other. Unfair comparison. It is like comparing Norge 1000 with yamaha AS500.

Better bring in Yamaha AS-700 & compare with PM7004.

And if I bring in my EISA award winning, INR 1 lakh plus Yamaha DSP-A2070 into this equation, it will simply annihilate both the PM7004 & AS500. Again unfair comparison.

Last edited:
The reasons of my suggestion to PM 7004 are:

2. Yam AS 500 has somewhat uncontrollable base when turned full

Regards

But why would anyone turn the bass full and call it uncontrollable.
Doesn't it depend on the source and the recording also?

N.Murali

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back