Interest in Oppo

Oppo is really worth to pay.. I recently bought Oppo 980 and I am amazing about the pic quality.My friends didn't believe their eyes When I showed a DVD movie using Oppo. 60% is not a heavy amout for quality.This is simply Great product and worth to pay.

I have been in USA since 2005 and purchased lot of HT and HiFi stuffs over here. I dont know how to carry all my stuffs back to India.I have been told by Airline people about their revised Baggage charges When I went to send off my friend to India Last week.Thats why I am planning to buy remaining HiFi stuffs in India after coming back.I know, Things will be different in India after coming back.However I should not compare INR price to US $.

Say for eg. Approximately I can carry four Oppo 981 DVD in my Checkin Bag(23kg). The price is 4*$240=$960. I have to pay $200 as a extra luggage charge(revised charge).And I may have to end up with 30% duty (or) $50-100 bribe:mad:.The total will be 960+200+ 200. Appx $1300/4. which is apprx INR 13500 / unit.so 15,000-16,000 is not a very high price for a premium product:cool:.

Its my opinion.Any comments please?.....

Last edited:
One more thing..The actual cost of most of the branded DVD player in India is 50-70% more costlier when compared to USA price of the same brand/model..

You can buy a decent branded DVD upscaling player for $70(INR 2,900) in USA.But the same/similar model is apprx $110(INR 4400) in India..

For ex. The price of Sony-BDP-S300 is $350 in USA..The same is 30,000 in India(almost double)...So no matter of giving 60% extra price to Oppo...

Kams, if it was available for a more reasonable markup, would'nt you be happy?
Oppo 981 is priced at $229 retail, not $240.
A dealer who sells Oppo in India is not going to bring it in 4 pcs at a time as personal baggage.
The DVD player is not that heavy that frieght would become a significant cost component.
It would be nice if Odyssey were to give some sort of breakup of their proposed selling price.

Kamal,

The price $240 is the appx price inclusive of 6% tax..The package is 3.7 Kg(8lbs) weight..

It would be nice if we get it at best price in India.....Still I believe INR15,000 is a good price for Oppo 981..There are lot of things involved in Importing good..

Please see the beak up(Actual Good cost+Logistics charge+30% Duty amt+Customs clearence agent Fee+local exp)..

So If u calculate the expesnes. It will be like 10200+500+2000+100+some minimum amt = appx 13,000/Unit..So I think 15,000 is better price..

Getting beak up details of the Imported good ?..No body will give ....

Last edited:
Hi Kamal
Unfortunately I cant give a breakdown of costs since I am not the reseller in India. There is a newly appointed reseller I am told and the prices are almost finalised so what I gave out earlier is the ballpark and I doubt it will go higher than that. The prices I am giving out are based on what we in India are getting it at from the resller. Having said that, I can easily offer an opinion since I did investigate the resller option before for Oppo. Oppo does not work like a typical audio/video company relying on distributors and dealers, instead they work with huge volumes with resller agreements. In these situations the reseller margin is tiny and they rely only on moving a lot of pieces otherwise it isnt worth it. As for shipping, freight costs are taken not only by weight but also by volume, add duties on top of that, add service/warranty, costs of transportation within the country, etc etc. Lets face it, the comparision between $US and Indian INR is a mindset issue and one which I honestly agreee I have too :), one can choose to look at it that way (easier) or as Kams said, look at it as what you get for what you pay (harder).
For equipment that is more expensive its easier to bridge the gap between $US and INR by eating into the dealer/distributor margin to offset customs, freight, etc but not for a peice of equipment that is this cheap. % markup is not the right way to measure markup for an equipment that costs RS 10K as well as Rs 1L, since some fixed costs are inherent.
Freight was expensive 6 months back, now its bordering on ridiculous :mad:
I hope this gives you some insight into pricing...with what I have posted above, it should be pretty easy to work it out actually :)

cheers

Hi,

I am still very keen on either 981 or 983. If I convert using todays rate 981 is about Rs. 10000 and 983 is about Rs. 17000 in the US.

If 981 were upto Rs. 15000/-, it would figure very high in my must buy list. I would definitely skip if it were over Rs 20000/-. Similarly, upto Rs. 25000/- for 983 would be attractive; no-no over Rs. 30000/-. Is this a reasonable expectation?

Meanwhile, this is the reply that I received from Oppo today for my queries.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Hi Prasad, I was in AV EXPO in Delhi on 6th of this month & i found DV-981H is available in New Delhi at Sound Of Music ! I met Gyan Prakash (manager operations) there & got offer of 17k for this player. I think its again negotiable for which you have to speak to him. They are offering one year warranty with it. I think its a great opportunity to have this wonderful player in India with warranty.........Good Luck
RB9

Hi
this is correct, SOM is indeed the reseller for Oppo. We havent decided whether to carry the Oppo or not in Bangalore, hopefully we will do it this week

cheers
Sridhar

Hi
this is correct, SOM is indeed the reseller for Oppo. We havent decided whether to carry the Oppo or not in Bangalore, hopefully we will do it this week

cheers
Sridhar

Hi Sridhar, which model will you get and what is the price you are going to offer ? Do you have any web site where we can see all your collections ?

The only model that is available is the 981H from Oppo, the price is already set by the Oppo reseller - Sound of Music, so in short, if we do decide to carry Oppo, it will be as a dealer and not as a distributor

thanks
Sridhar

other products are (no one website as yet unfortunately)

1. Usher audio
2. Odyssey audio
3. Emerald Physics
4. Shindo Labs
5. Audio Art cables
6. Leben Audio

go to Welcome to ARN Systems ::: Bangalore: :: India for other products that are also carried throughout the country

Hi Prasad, I was in AV EXPO in Delhi on 6th of this month & i found DV-981H is available in New Delhi at Sound Of Music ! I met Gyan Prakash (manager operations) there & got offer of 17k for this player. I think its again negotiable for which you have to speak to him. They are offering one year warranty with it. I think its a great opportunity to have this wonderful player in India with warranty.........Good Luck
RB9

Thanks for the info. Do you have the contact number or email for Sount of Music?

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Hi

cheers
Sridhar

Hi Sridhar,

Please let me know once you decide.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Hi,

Just an update. There is some news about Oppo Blu-ray player from CEDIA 2008. It supposedly displayed in ABT's booth. The player seems to add blu-ray playback capabilities over 983. May be a heck of a play-all player.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back