Interference or Electrical ground loop

This is what a senior audiophile told me about luxman amps having 2 pin IEC connectors

Japan Follows a System of *Double Insulation*

*Double Insulation* does NOT require a Ground !

You can read upo on the topic via Google

Incidentally, I have observed that when Double Insulation (No Ground) is used, it is essential to ensure that Live and neutral are4 fed to the correct conductors, and if necessary, to flip the 2 pin plug.
Wrong Live and Neutral can lead to a Mild leakage on the chasis... Identifyable by a tester connected to the chasis

My 505UX had the same issue as the amp had some live current which I felt and confirmed with a tester.. I connected the ground earthing at the back and that problem went away...

I think the Volex cable supplied is a 12 euro cable. In the past I have owned a few Volex cables though not this one. And they sounded very good. No issues whatsoever.
Prem, I refer to their MOQ prices of 1000 units as Luxman would be buying in bulk. The one supplied with my Lyngdorf 2170 is available for 1 USD for an MOQ of 1000 units at the chinese manufacturer website...

Pandit ji any guidance/steps to do the same.

I am not sure if it is right but I connected the ground/earthing connector at the back of the amp with the earthing terminal in the wall socket with a basic wire.. Maybe that grounding terminal is for phono but the current on the amp chassis went away...

This is interesting. Searching google for the amp shows below pic. It does seem to have ground pin.

images (5).jpeg

You are using 5kva for the mains supply to home or just for the audio components?
5kva Stabilizer is for Audio devices and home theater devices (AVR, Projector, PC) , and TV room socket only. It also has a Separate sinewave Ups of similar capacity. There was only 2k difference between 3kva and 5kva Stabilizer so I went ahead with 5kva.
Your hardware is more expensive, you should invest in a Stabilizer ASAP.

BTW what exactly you're facing? A hum? What kind of?

5kva Stabilizer is for Audio devices and home theater devices (AVR, Projector, PC) , and TV room socket only. It also has a Separate sinewave Ups of similar capacity. There was only 2k difference between 3kva and 5kva Stabilizer so I went ahead with 5kva.
Your hardware is more expensive, you should invest in a Stabilizer ASAP.

BTW what exactly you're facing? A hum? What kind of?
I am not facing any hum/hiss so far. Its just that when any light/mixer/grinder is turned on or off, I hear a disturbance from both speakers. Thats it. I called up my electrician lets see whats the solution. I will definitely go for a stabilizer may be if with some kind of conditioning as well. Do you know any with conditioing as well?

This is interesting. Searching google for the amp shows below pic. It does seem to have ground pin.
The M700u amp and cl38 preamp also show 3rd pin in company products pic., but both of them don't have it. Maybe the pics. are of units for a different market where ground pin is requirement by electrical code.
Cheers,
Sid

Interesting read, specially post no. 8

Interesting read, specially post no. 8

Thanks for finding this bro. I have the exact same issue but with lights

Looks lto me like you need a dedicated lines from mains. That should fix things for you. and its better for sound also. Get at least 4mm cables drawn (6mm for overkilling)

The M700u amp and cl38 preamp also show 3rd pin in company products pic., but both of them don't have it. Maybe the pics. are of units for a different market where ground pin is requirement by electrical code.
Cheers,
Sid

Ya if his amp doesnt have earth pin it means its designed to work without grounding, doesnt make sense to forcefully ground also.

I have the same issue with the fan in the listening room and called an electrician to switch the fan to a different circuit. But the problem still persists as the power line from the mains to the room has both the fan and the audio gear. So unless I get a dedicated line for audio, the problem persists.. In my case, the switching OFF the fan causes the Jriver on my laptop to freeze... Weird that the software freezes even though the laptop is still on...

I have the same issue with the fan in the listening room and called an electrician to switch the fan to a different circuit. But the problem still persists as the power line from the mains to the room has both the fan and the audio gear. So unless I get a dedicated line for audio, the problem persists.. In my case, the switching OFF the fan causes the Jriver on my laptop to freeze... Weird that the software freezes even though the laptop is still on...

Certainly a goofy ghost in your room. Why dont you switch to jplay, i found it better than jriver.

Looks lto me like you need a dedicated lines from mains. That should fix things for you. and its better for sound also. Get at least 4mm cables drawn (6mm for overkilling)
I'll try to get the best possible wire and MCB etc. May be I'll try to dry run with direct cable from the mains before running the cable overhead.

I am not very knowledgeable about electronics but If the amplifier has two pin power cord it is meant to be used by 2 pin. Usually in home wiring system other electronic gadgets, products are pluged in the socket, Some are on and some off. One never knows safety of ground arrangements in these products. So they may leak current in Hifi System. Remove all electronic appliances from socket, Remove CFL bulbs etc. and see if problem goes away. Check all house hold wiring with knowledgeable electrician. Make proper Ground (Earth) for whole house. (i.e. earth connected to iron pipe in dug out ground pit and coal and salt in that pit for rock steady ground earth)
These are big ticket amplifiers see if contacting respective company helps in solving problem,
Regards.

Sorry, didn’t have time to go through all the pages but sooner or later you will have to so, get a good servo stabilizer now, should solve.

Pluck low hanging fruit first.
Replace the ballast of the tube light with a quality ballast. That is usually the problem. With bare feet on ground, touch the ground screw at the back. Now ask someone to switch the lights on/off while still touching it. Difference? Report back.
That is good suggestion. But why to touch the ground. I think without touching the ground will work too to isolate the problem one by one of all appliances. As backpanel is phono ground touching it will lower the noise anyway by making way for leakage to ground. Isn't it ?
Regards

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back