International shipping of drivers

Passive_audio_enthusiast

I am currently in Europe. My brothers speaker has a faulty driver in India and I have a spare driver here. Due to covid , I won’t be visiting India any time soon and would like to send it via DHL. The price of shipping from DHL here is acceptable to me. But what other charges would we have to bear to get it in India ? Should he pay import duties? If yes, how much would it cost? It’s a vifa woofer and doesn’t have the Orginal packing as I have taken it off my speaker box (as we both have the same speakers )

If you send it via DHL approximately 40% of customs will be charged at the invoice value. I doubt you will have the invoice with you. If not then find the lowest priced listing of this or similar size vifa driver e.g. on amaozn/ebay etc and attach the printout on the package.:)

I have done this a few times and has worked for me.

If the shipper has attached an invoice then it will be approximately 40%. A couple of months ago I bought wires and connectors and also told the shipper to attach the invoice. The package was obviously heavy and I got a call from FedEx that either I have to provide a payment receipt or the package will be charged at 80% at the invoice value. Obviously, I chose the latter but still ended up paying 16K.

The above scenarios have happened to me in the last 4-5 months. ymmv :)

If the shipper has attached an invoice then it will be approximately 40%. A couple of months ago I bought wires and connectors and also told the shipper to attach the invoice. The package was obviously heavy and I got a call from FedEx that either I have to provide a payment receipt or the package will be charged at 80% at the invoice value. Obviously, I chose the latter but still ended up paying 16K.

The above scenarios have happened to me in the last 4-5 months. ymmv :)
May I ask how much was the invoice amount in your case ?

So that means for private usage if someone buys a speaker from eBay.uk he would end up paying 70 percent of the tax on the top of shipping charges ?

Back