IOTAVX np3 - preamp with network streamer & cd player

aljojohn

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Ive read that this is just a european rebranded version of chinese OEM. And that the operation is primitive and glitchy. Havent tried it myself though.

Actually dealer recommended me this one when i asked anything apart from Marantz ND8006 in sub 1lk budget. Im in search for a unique network player within 1,5lk budget, i shortlisted Gustard R26, any other recommendations ?

Actually dealer recommended me this one when i asked anything apart from Marantz ND8006 in sub 1lk budget. Im in search for a unique network player within 1,5lk budget, i shortlisted Gustard R26, any other recommendations ?
Understand.... I saw this online in an european site thus explored it out of curiosity. And the feedback was not very reassuring. Thus, shared here.

Coming to network players, there are tons of them out there. If you can be more specific about your needs, it will help shortlist further :

1. Need an on-board dac or not.
2. Need on-board storage or not.
3. Need roon end point or not.
4. Need in-built wifi or not.

Understand.... I saw this online in an european site thus explored it out of curiosity. And the feedback was not very reassuring. Thus, shared here.

Coming to network players, there are tons of them out there. If you can be more specific about your needs, it will help shortlist further :

British Audiophile review

My take on streamer would be to buy a product that has sufficient software support as a decent hardware is as dead as dodo, without a proper software support. No idea if IOTAVX would have long term software support. Lumin mini at a higher price point or a wiim mini / pro at a lower price point as compared to IOTAVX, could be your alternatives that offer good software support for the streamers.
Personally, I have always preferred a separate DAC as this is an aspect, along with streamer, can be replaced as technology continuously evolves. If you are comfortable with a robust alternative, I could suggest a wiim mini / pro (approx INR 9k to 13K) with LPS + Mojo2 DAC (approx INR 42K) and you are set with a good streamer/DAC combo that can match / exceed a network streamer with DAC within USD 1000 budget.

He recommended this one for speakers and amplifiers below 1000 pounds only.
As @Mayasandra_l rightly mentioned, there are more reliable alternatives out there, if not better. For software driven digital products, continuous firmware upgrades are necessary to stay upto date. Without that, if tidal or spotify change something, the app is dead. If you have a definitve budget in mind, then its easy to put the best combination together. The latest ones getting good reviews and user feedback are the wiim, eversolo, And the ever reliable bluesound node.

Back