ipad 2 wifi+3g from states... urgent question

Eight1zero

Hi
I am buying a ipad 2 3g from sates but its says its locked with at&t and verizon. I have also read that they are just locked in sates but if u use it outside sates it works with any carrier. Just wanted to confirm if thats true. If anybody has bought ipad 2 3g can confirm this
regards

Hi
I am buying a ipad 2 3g from sates but its says its locked with at&t and verizon. I have also read that they are just locked in sates but if u use it outside sates it works with any carrier. Just wanted to confirm if thats true. If anybody has bought ipad 2 3g can confirm this
regards

Hi, the iPads are not locked AFA I know. A friend of mine had bought the iPad 1 from the US and it was not locked.

Cheers.

IPAD is not carrier subsidised unlike IPhone. You can sue apple in case they lock to to the career when you pay the full price.

But, You dont have to do that I suppose. Ipad 1 was not locked, and I persume the Ipad 2 will not be locked either. Iam not sure though.

I bought an iPad 1 in the us, and its working just fine here.

However, with the pricing as it stands, I'm wondering why you would do that - the India price is the same, and you get local warranty.

there is a difference between the Ipad Wifi and Wifi+ 3g. if you buy from the states buy a Wifi only.
if you want to buy a Wifi+3g, buy from india (diff is Rs 6K for the 32GB)...not worth it buying/jailbreaking and then finding out that if you upgrade your machine will freeze !

hi
thank you all for ure help. but i am still as confused.. i know the ipad 1 was never locked but not too sure about ipad 2. has anyone over here bought a ipad 2 from states and can solve this mystery
thanks

Sorry for asking a dumb question - do you really need 3G? I too thought I did, but then due to availability in spore I just got WiFi 16GB. At home and work I do not need 3G and I do not commute that much. Even if I do need, every android and now iphone can turn into a wifi hotspot.
Do you plan to keep 2 3G connections for data? Which would mean double the monthly charges. With wifi hotspot functionality I think you won't need.
Or maybe a mifi router will be more useful.

PS: I needed it BADLY because I do not yet have a 3G device. My phone is an old blackberry that can't do 3G and can't become a hotspot. But since office email works on this, I can't throw this away.

Apparantly the only place where you can buy Unlocked iPad is apparently Canada and Singapore..

iPads are not locked to any carrier in any country, i got my iPad 2 from Australia and 3G is working absolutely fine here, and a friend of mine also got his ipad2 from the US and 3G is working fine. Even iPads bought from Dubai,malaysia and Singapore works fine on 3G in India.

hope this helps.

Cheers.

Sorry for asking a dumb question - do you really need 3G? I too thought I did, but then due to availability in spore I just got WiFi 16GB. At home and work I do not need 3G and I do not commute that much. Even if I do need, every android and now iphone can turn into a wifi hotspot.
Do you plan to keep 2 3G connections for data? Which would mean double the monthly charges. With wifi hotspot functionality I think you won't need..

..... Buying a wifi only iPad and tethering 3G from a smart phone is a good option, the only catch is tethering drains your phone battery very quickly.

Cheers.

there is a difference between the Ipad Wifi and Wifi+ 3g. if you buy from the states buy a Wifi only.
if you want to buy a Wifi+3g, buy from india (diff is Rs 6K for the 32GB)...not worth it buying/jailbreaking and then finding out that if you upgrade your machine will freeze !

I have to correct myself.
the GSM 3g is unlocked and can be used anywhere in the world. its the CDMA version which is carrier locked

Hi all,

The jailbreak for ipad2 is finally out today on jailbreakme.com for iOS 4.3.3. And it's very simple as compared to the previous jail breaking methods. Just d'load the Cydia directly as an app and it automatically installs itself. I've done it to my iPad and it's working perfectly fine.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back