Is 7 ft high ok for HD20 + 120 inch screen combo?

manishk13

Hi

My room is 10 feet high but the wall on which the screen will be mounted, the top 3 feet is taken by a loft. So effectively only 7 feet height is available for the 120 inch Panoview screen. The total length of the room is 15 feet 8 inches.

Assuming I have the flexibility to mount it from a distance of 15'8" (or less), is 7 feet height goona be sufficient for the screen?

Thx
Manish

You should be fine Manish with 7 feet height. My ceiling is 8ft high and as you know I use the same combo. The panoview screen has an offset(black border on top) of almost one feet. You need to set it based on your viewing distance. Mount the projector only after you have fitted the screen. Because on the HD20, you are likely to end up with an image larger than 120 inches from 15.x feet. Since the HD20 is DLP, the only way you can get a smaller or larger image is by moving the projector forwards or backwords physically.

Thanks Santosh. I am now zeroing in on the wall on which loft is very little and I will take thr risk to remove it (but the left and right side lofts might still remain). So, the 7 feet limitation is gone. I have a 10 feet height to play around. Out of 10 feet, 1 feet from the top goes for false celing and 2 feet from bottom for Av RACK. So hope the screen still fits in the 7 feet available in middle, looks like it will from your reply, however, Still awaiting from your side exact height and width of panoview 120 screen :)

Thanks

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back