Is Denon AVR-X1600H + Taga Harmony TAV-607 for 1L a good deal?

juliuseizure

I'm new to HT game. Trying to get some good AVR and 5.1 speakers with room for Dolby Atmos in the future. After some research I zeroed down to X1600H and TAV-607 (without a sub at least for now). Asked a local dealer, he said AVR will cost 58k and speakers will cost 48k. Is this AVR a good one for longevity and Dolby Atmos? Is TAV-607 a better investment as my first HT speakers? Or should I buy individual speakers instead of a package? My main use is watching movies and ya budget is 1L.

Its a good deal, 607 are decent speakers to start off. For movies you will need a sub. Try to bargain hard, if possible squeeze in a subwoofer with it around 1 lakh plus.

Anything around 90k will be a very good start.

I'm new to HT game. Trying to get some good AVR and 5.1 speakers with room for Dolby Atmos in the future. After some research I zeroed down to X1600H and TAV-607 (without a sub at least for now). Asked a local dealer, he said AVR will cost 58k and speakers will cost 48k. Is this AVR a good one for longevity and Dolby Atmos? Is TAV-607 a better investment as my first HT speakers? Or should I buy individual speakers instead of a package? My main use is watching movies and ya budget is 1L.
I suggest you to audition few more speakers brand and confirm your decision.

You can start with LCR then slowly you can add other speakers.

I suggest you to audition few more speakers brand and confirm your decision.

You can start with LCR then slowly you can add other speakers.
Thanks for the reply everyone. Can you recommend me a good LCR to start in that price range (48k). Also will the price drop for AVRs in the coming months? Should I wait? Since I'm moving to a new place in two months, I can afford to wait.

Its a good deal, 607 are decent speakers to start off. For movies you will need a sub. Try to bargain hard, if possible squeeze in a subwoofer with it around 1 lakh plus.

Anything around 90k will be a very good start.
Also loved your setup man, Was really inspired after watching your video on Youtube :)))

Thanks for the reply everyone. Can you recommend me a good LCR to start in that price range (48k). Also will the price drop for AVRs in the coming months? Should I wait? Since I'm moving to a new place in two months, I can afford to wait.
You can start with any audition couple of brands from which to choose which sounds good to hear, I may have some kind of listening taste. I recommend you take your time and go ahead with the audition then decide.

The current AVR price is very high and I don't know the pricing in the future.

I recommend you to invest more in the speakers as they last more years than AVR, AVR will be upgraded every year most of them will upgrade within 5 years. speakers will last more than 10 years

Also loved your setup man, Was really inspired after watching your video on Youtube :)))

When I started off with the journey, I had a very limited budget. But with time I understood what how each speaker sounds different, each have their merits and demerits.
For most people getting minimum 5 channel setup is a must from go, but it can get messy.

Don't get me wrong, Tagas are no slouch. They are extremely competent but the better quality speakers you invest in will give you better results too. The difference won't be night and day within the budget but definitely one can feel hear it.

But all this comes down to how much one can invest in one go. Its quality vs quantity, you won't need to change speakers for a long time. So would suggest listen to the speakers and go for the one you like.

Under a lakh this is a good setup, better than the polk package. Subwoofer is a heart of Hometheatre, get a subwoofer which will compliment the speakers and depth. I have seen people buy great speakers but get 8 inch small subs, and those speakers produce better bass than the sub.

Take your time and read on things, this is a expensive hobby and trust me, even I am getting just started.

better to wait n get demo all possible brands & see which u like & then buy it ,place it in ur new home if ur planning 2-3month of movement as relocation chance of damage the speakers while shifting...
in that budget why dont u try used in this forum & buy use for 3-4years & again buy new once u understand the HT setup properly..

Where are you located? Usually it's not recommended to buy speakers without audition. You could ask people for recommendations about where to audition speakers in your city.

TAV 607 is a decent speaker set, but your budget split is not ideal. You are spending more on the AVR than the speakers. This is not recommended. It would be better to spend more on the speakers for two reasons:
  • It will have a bigger impact on sound quality
  • Speakers last longer than AVR and are less likely to need an upgrade in the short term
I would recommend two options:
  • If you have a hard limit of 1 lakh to spend on HT, look for an AVR for around 40-45k and spend the rest on speakers
  • If you can spend more, but not right away, then get only front speakers for now and add surrounds and sub later. That way you'll be able to get much better setup.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back