Is it time for another DIY workshop in Bangalore?

Ok so the good news is that Raghu has very promptly given us a thumbs up for the usual place, Anutone at Indiranagar, at no cost. All we need to do is to firm up the date.

I have a soldering ustad, Philip Isaac who can give us a demo, and for woodworking if we can get people to put things together, we can easily get one more item added to the list of wanna do things. What we finally decided will be by consensus, I'm just offering suggestions.

Let's get an idea about how long we would like to have the programme, and then try and see how much ground can be covered.

Cheers

Thanks Raghu. So we now have two possible options July 14th Sat and July 15th Sunday. If we can poll preferences we can freeze on the date and then move forward on the various sessions/presentations.

Amrut Fusion is not cheap at Rs 2400/750 ml..(Just bought 2 bottles today for my bro in the US). However if we have a platinum sponsor I will be glad to join the "August " gathering!

If folks are interested in some woodworking, I can arrange a visit/demo to a small workshop that a friend and I have set up. It is very rudimentary, but we have been able to do quite a few things with what we have :) I will try to see if we can demo cutting of speaker holes in a baffle. Since it is very close to the 100 ft road in Indiranagar (on the Domlur side), getting there from Anutone office should be easy.

There is one catch though. Since the 'workshop' is a room in my friend's house, which he shares with his wife and many dogs, and it will be difficult to accommodate more than five-six people at a time.

This talk about alcohol is making me heady. If Anutone folks are ok, I can bring a dozen cans of Fosters/Carlsberg :)

Amrut Fusion is not cheap at Rs 2400/750 ml.

I wouldn't mind contributing for the good cause! :D
Oh yeah, it is for all those good 'spirited' people contributing for a good cause i.e. for 'spiritual elevation':lol:
If folks are interested in some woodworking, I can arrange a visit/demo to a small workshop that a friend and I have set up. It is very rudimentary, but we have been able to do quite a few things with what we have :) I will try to see if we can demo cutting of speaker holes in a baffle. Since it is very close to the 100 ft road in Indiranagar (on the Domlur side), getting there from Anutone office should be easy.

There is one catch though. Since the 'workshop' is a room in my friend's house, which he shares with his wife and many dogs, and it will be difficult to accommodate more than five-six people at a time.

Hey that's great. BTW, can he organise the demo at Anutone itself, i.e. on the ground floor (outside the office) so that more people can join in for a dekko.

This talk about alcohol is making me heady. If Anutone folks are ok, I can bring a dozen cans of Fosters/Carlsberg :)

Arrey bhai, neki aur pooch pooch.:eek:hyeah:

Hey that's great. BTW, can he organise the demo at Anutone itself, i.e. on the ground floor (outside the office) so that more people can join in for a dekko.

What I was thinking was to show folks the equipment we have bought and explain what they are used for. It would be woodworking 101, but might help some take the plunge. We might some of the well behaved ones use a power tool :)

It would be impossible to carry all the stuff to Anutone premises. If we do it at Anutone, we might have to limit ourselves to just one task.

Arrey bhai, neki aur pooch pooch.:eek:hyeah:

My pleasure :) Does Anutone have a fridge?

Last edited:
Btw thatguy,

I have a long pending box for my garrard and a diy rcm. Would you and you pal do the woodwork? I'd rather pay you than a random carpenter. Plus I know I could talk to you guys better and get better suggestions and a better outcome. I could send you a drawing and what I have in mind and you could then give me an estimate. I could drop in to indiranagar one weekend to meet up. Let me know and we'll take this offline.

Regards

www.vinylnvalves.blogspot.in

Just to summarise, so far, we have received topics/agenda items as below:
  • Speaker Cabinet Design using TS Parameters
  • Developing Critical Listening Skills
  • Internals of Poweramp
  • soldering and desoldering
  • Woodworking at thatguy's place
  • A/B testing where A=Amrut and B=Beer :cheers:

Need to finalise the date. It is either July 14th or 15th at Anutone.

Santhosh

I think we might want to add a brief presentation about room treatment to the list, people will benefit from a short refresher on this subject.

Also we need to be very clear that each presentation should be short and not exceed a specified time ( after which the moderator switches off the mike, maybe?), to allow follow up Q & As as well as more subjects/ hands on demo/visit to woodworking unit nearby?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back