Is it time for another DIY workshop in Bangalore?

GeorgeO

It's 6 months since we conducted our last workshop. We could easily cover subjects like room treatment and power amps. With the support that we have from Anutone, it is very easy to take this forward.

Any ideas from all you interested people out there?

Yes it is! :eek:hyeah:

We could cover topics like developing critical listening skills and room treatment like you suggested...

Sounds good, I am all game for it.

Wood working (advanced) is also on my list of things to learn. Happy for this to happen in my basement since wood-working involves some mess.

I'm going to ask our friend Santhosh to push the agenda this time-let's draw up a provisional laundry list of possible areas to discuss, and then narrow in on the final one. Then we can look at the duration and dates, and finally I will ask Raghu if Anutone will offer us their usual hospitality.

If some of our friends from out of town want to come and join us, please let us know how much advance notice you guys need, and possible dates. At this time could we look at July 15th as an option?

I'm going to ask our friend Santhosh to push the agenda this time-let's draw up a provisional laundry list of possible areas to discuss, and then narrow in on the final one. Then we can look at the duration and dates, and finally I will ask Raghu if Anutone will offer us their usual hospitality.

If some of our friends from out of town want to come and join us, please let us know how much advance notice you guys need, and possible dates. At this time could we look at July 15th as an option?
Happy to help finalise the agenda. So far we have:
  • Speaker Cabinet Design using TS Parameters
  • Developing Critical Listening Skills
  • Internals of Poweramp
  • Woodworking

@Soulforged, about Room Treatment, I did a preso in a previous meet. Is there anything specific you want covered? Here is the link to the preso on google docs:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B1yWvfQPR-uVOGRhZDJmZTMtZjY5OS00MDVhLTlmMGUtZDU1ZTc0NTM4NDRi

Me too :) along with the Hyderabad gang ? Any tentative dates George ?

Sachin, like I mentioned on that thread, it would be a pleasure to have you guys from Hyderabad over. Let us know, we'll try and work around your plans.

I'm in too. Thiel Small Parameters were explained last time. How they influence cabinet design can be explained this this time around.
Captain, good on ya!! You are more regular than some of us Bangalore chaps:). Anybody else planning to come from Chennai?

A small session on soldering and desoldering pcb and its components will be very handy. I mess up a crossover also, forget about a pcb:)

thanks George and Santhosh.

Mid July is good ,I will take a poll from the rest of the hyd folks. Only request , can it be a saturday ? Then we can plan to get into bangalore friday evening and get out by Sunday afternoon.

Sachin

Here's the catch:

Auntone's premises are only available on Sunday for us to use. So if we have to do it on Sat we need to find another free location.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back