is it worth buying Yamaha yht196 below 25k

prabhupmk1

Hi,

I am new to this HT world and im looking for good home theater package within 25 k. Reliance is offering yht196 for 20k. Is it worth buying? Please need your inputs to proceed further.

Thanks
Prabhu

Hi,

I am new to this HT world and im looking for good home theater package within 25 k. Reliance is offering yht196 for 20k. Is it worth buying? Please need your inputs to proceed further.

Thanks
Prabhu
It is awesome of the money it is coming for...too good for gaming, music n movies too..only thing that lacks is bass..it has pathetic bass... But can attach an active woofer to it..the reason I bought it.. As it comes with subwoofer pre out..
But I assure you it is value for money.. Nothing can beat it at the price it is coming for

Hi All,

My friend is recommending sony bdv e3200 as it comes with bluray player. Need all your advice whether i can go with sony bdv e3200 or Yamaha yht 196. :sad:

If you are coming from main stream consumer brands like Sony, Samsung and others then the YHT 196 will amaze you. After a while when you get more exposure to good HT setups then you will be left wanting for more.
Are you willing to build your HT step by step? If you are then in the long run it will be an immensely pleasurable experience.

Just to give you some idea....

A decent AVR runs for 30K, and here you are getting not just an AVR but the entore package in 20K, quality has to suffer.
Instead buy yourself an AVR, pretty much any entry level offering from Dennon, Yamaha or Pioneer world do. Add a couple of bookshelf speakers for now. Later lets say in 6 months times add a center and a sub woofer, this will be immeasurably better than YHT 196.

Look for pre-owned options for bookshelf speakers in the forum, there are some available. Trust me you will not regret the decision.

I went to reliance digital marathalli Bangalore and those buggers are offering it at 22990, telling me it's 5k discount on its marked mrp of 27990. That too without any offers or players..:(

Later lets say in 6 months times add a center and a sub woofer, this will be immeasurably better than YHT 196.
AYlgpr

Today I was suppose to buy yht 196 from reliance digital at Amritsar. They were giving it at rs 19.5k but today they increased its to price to 24.5k.

Now I am looking for yht 1810 or 299 . But both of these are not available at RD.

Let's see.

I went to reliance digital marathalli Bangalore and those buggers are offering it at 22990, telling me it's 5k discount on its marked mrp of 27990. That too without any offers or players..:(
Yeah

They were giving it price of 19990 but now they hiked it's price.

visit them on saturdays or sundays ...they have some offers ...i got mine on sunday at Rs. 19999 :cool: check them on Thursday and the price quoted was 22990

Will give a visit On Sunday again to check on it.
They don't have any demo room, so I could audition the system only from outside in the middle of television sets. The quality seems to be okay as the settings were not optimal. Also they had a yht299 at 37990 with a free blue ray player. My budget is around 20k( can shed 2-3k more for extended warranty or bd player with hd decode feature) and decided it to give that one a pass. Auditioned the Sony ht iv300 and the experience was good. They we're offering it for 19490 where as it's available on infibeam for 16690.

Will give a visit On Sunday again to check on it.
They don't have any demo room, so I could audition the system only from outside in the middle of television sets. The quality seems to be okay as the settings were not optimal. Also they had a yht299 at 37990 with a free blue ray player. My budget is around 20k( can shed 2-3k more for extended warranty or bd player with hd decode feature) and decided it to give that one a pass. Auditioned the Sony ht iv300 and the experience was good. They we're offering it for 19490 where as it's available on infibeam for 16690.

I too auditioned YHT 196 in similar settings, not too much impressed with it. Though sound is good and clear, 5.1 effects were not extra-ordinary or may be my expectations were too high. USB movie playback is limiting factor.
Yet to get hands(ears) on HT IV 300 - it fits the bill and ease of use.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back