Is Panasonic PV8/PV80 still the best VFM choice?

Sumain

Hi All,

I want to buy a 40"-42" size flat panel TV.

Usage will be mostly with Tata Sky (thinking of getting the "Plus" model with component video out). Also some DVD movies, say 1 or 2 in a week.

I already have a Denon/Wharfedale combination 5.1 Home theatre. Current TV is a LG 29" slim CRT with 100Hz.

Questions:

1. Is the Panasonic PV8 or PV80 still the best VFM choice?
2. Should I wait for this year's new Panasonic models?
3. Is power consumption really that much of an issue? I mean, how much would I really save in a year on 3 hrs per day average usage?
4. Should I pay the reasonable / attractive price for the PV8 / PV80 or stretch my budget to my other "like to have" choice - the new Sony W series 40" LCD?

Thanks in advance

Sumain

Hi All,

I want to buy a 40"-42" size flat panel TV.

Usage will be mostly with Tata Sky (thinking of getting the "Plus" model with component video out). Also some DVD movies, say 1 or 2 in a week.

I already have a Denon/Wharfedale combination 5.1 Home theatre. Current TV is a LG 29" slim CRT with 100Hz.

Questions:

1. Is the Panasonic PV8 or PV80 still the best VFM choice?
2. Should I wait for this year's new Panasonic models?
3. Is power consumption really that much of an issue? I mean, how much would I really save in a year on 3 hrs per day average usage?
4. Should I pay the reasonable / attractive price for the PV8 / PV80 or stretch my budget to my other "like to have" choice - the new Sony W series 40" LCD?

Thanks in advance

Sumain

1. yes
2. you can if you want to pay more - pv70 seemed slightly better to my eyes than pv80 but can't say much about the new series
3. nothing much - as much as 200-300 bucks
4. you can stretch if you have the budget - a sony is a full HD while pana is HD ready, ad not to mention twice as expensive. Its like you want to say should I buy a santro or stretch a bit and buy a verna :D

Saw one of the older 42" Panasonic Plasma Tv for 43k at Spar Bannarghetta rd Blr.

Thk it was the Pv70 If its anythg like PV8 I thk its a good buy.

Saw one of the older 42" Panasonic Plasma Tv for 43k at Spar Bannarghetta rd Blr.

Thk it was the Pv70 If its anythg like PV8 I thk its a good buy.

actually the pv70 has better PQ wrt to PV8 but its subjective:)

PS: The pv8 costs 42-44k anyway so its a good deal.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back