Is Sammy ,LG beter than panny , phillips ?

I bought from Navrang Audio and Video in East Delhi, for 32.5K.,

Hi Aryan,

Howz your TV performing ? Would you recommend it to others ?

I too plan to buy myself Philips 32PFL5609 in Delhi. Pls. let me know if your purchase price of Rs 32.5 is with exchange of your old TV or not ?

Regards
rx2389

Hi spirovious,

Thanx for the update. Yes, I did go thru your earlier posts. Inbfact your encouraging reviews on Philips 32PFL5609 has given me confidence to go for the same.

I would basically need a LCD to watch either Airtel IPTV or DTH. I have narrowed down my choice on the following LCDs;

a) Philips 32PFL5609
b) Samsung B530P7R &
c) Sony V550A

I checked these models at Reliance Digital last weekend. Frankly I could not find anything significantly different amongst these three.
:confused:

However based on the positive reviews received by Philips in this forum, I may sway towards it.

Regards
Navin Rajwar

Well Sony is reliable & preferred by many here.
Philips is better in performance & features.
Next is Samy with similar performance.

Now you shld trust your eyes & decide :)

Last edited:
Hi spirovious,

Thanx for the update. Yes, I did go thru your earlier posts. Inbfact your encouraging reviews on Philips 32PFL5609 has given me confidence to go for the same.

I would basically need a LCD to watch either Airtel IPTV or DTH. I have narrowed down my choice on the following LCDs;

a) Philips 32PFL5609
b) Samsung B530P7R &
c) Sony V550A

I checked these models at Reliance Digital last weekend. Frankly I could not find anything significantly different amongst these three.
:confused:

However based on the positive reviews received by Philips in this forum, I may sway towards it.

Regards
Navin Rajwar

well the philips is more of VFM because of the cheaper price and decent performance,its certainly is better then the LG models with 100hz but the V550A does cost 45k around 11k more then philips.
based on my own tests the V550A still shows slightly better blacks , without any noticiable crush in shadow details,the presence of backlight control helps.
the philips applies a bit of undefeatable sharpening by default.

Reliance Digital is offering these 3 models at the following price in Delhi. I guess one can negotiate with traditional stand-alone showrooms & bring the cost down by couple of thousands;

a) Philips 32PFL5609 - Rs 36k
b) Samsung B530P7R - Rs 38k
c) Sony V550A - Rs 43k

Last edited:
I think you have written sequence correctly as per my choice.
Sony will not offer much to the price.Samy OR Philips multimedia LCD is the choice.

Hi Rx,

Check out the price of these models under the Price thread. You can get better deals in Delhi.

Cheers

Hi Aryan,

Howz your TV performing ? Would you recommend it to others ?

I too plan to buy myself Philips 32PFL5609 in Delhi. Pls. let me know if your purchase price of Rs 32.5 is with exchange of your old TV or not ?

Regards
rx2389

Hi RX2389,

sorry for the late reply.

The tv is performing fine and so I will recommend it to others. The price of 32.5 under no exchange. I use it to watch DTH cable for most of my time and the PQ in that section is a little wanting but then I guess it would be the same with all other companies.

I really cannot decifer the dark and white theory of the whole LCD thing. My tv shows good black and white images. I did not experience any problem with the tv picture yet though I must mention that sometimes color seem too bright for comfort. connecting other devices to the tv is a breeze.

I think we are unnecessarily paying too much heed to the PQ of the LCDs', as an untrained eye would be unable to pick out any noticeable difference in PQ.

One should decide on a good brand, avoid new players like Markson, Vu, moserbear, videocon etc. take into account the budget and the snob factor ;) then choose the tv. Without getting too much into the nitty-gritties of the panel and all the other hubla surrounding it. Just make sure it gives you all the connectivity options like USB, PS, AV setup etc...

Allright friend take care have fun, happy LCD shopping !

Aryan.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back