Is the Price Right

sinhatvm

Hi Forum Members,

I have been a passive member for quite some time and benefited from many posts. I would like to get the opinion of senior forum members on the price for the following system

Marantz PM5004 + Marantz CD 5004 + Paradigm Monitor 7/ V7

Total price offered by dealer: 67k with 3 year warranty on marantz products and 5 year warranty on speakers.

Is it a good deal or is there some scope for negotiation.

Thanks
Sinhatvm

Marantz PM 5004 + CD 5004 combo best price was at HiFi mart for 35 K. Paradigm Monitor 7 prices are gone up by 5% and Monitor 9 MRP is up by 10 K. Best quote I got in bangalore was 48 K for M7. So the total damage was

83 K. 67 K is a magical price then!!

Hi Forum Members,

I have been a passive member for quite some time and benefited from many posts. I would like to get the opinion of senior forum members on the price for the following system

Marantz PM5004 + Marantz CD 5004 + Paradigm Monitor 7/ V7

Total price offered by dealer: 67k with 3 year warranty on marantz products and 5 year warranty on speakers.

Is it a good deal or is there some scope for negotiation.

Thanks
Sinhatvm

Hi,

The price is definitely very competitive. I hope you have been able to hear the combo with your favourite music. Please do that if you have not heard the speakers/amplifier/CD player combo. Price matters only once you like the combo. Listen with all the different kinds of music that you like.

Best,
APK

Thanks a lot for the quick replies. I have auditioned the system and liked the sound quality. This was the best combo I could negotiate for the music setup within my budget. Item has been delivered in my house. Installation will happen in the evening.

Thanks once again
Sinhatvm

Thats a great price mate....local dealer? If u don't mind, can u PM me his details as me too hail form the same city.

Regards
Imrahn

Does Marantz 5004 is matching with an Paradigm 7 ?? Guys are you kidding ? Looks like you are auditioning with some metallica;)

Thanks all for reading and posting,

The system delivered to me is brand new and not a demo item. All with proper bill and warranty papers. The dealer address is given below.

Sri Rajesh
Acoustic Refrence
55, I Floor, Balamor Road, Opp SBT Main Branch
Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu
Phone: +919894298900

The entire system was hand delivered to me in my house in Trivandrum and installed to my satisfaction without any additional charges (not even transportation). Date of import on Marantz products is June/July 2012 and on Paradigm is May 2012.

As far as matching of Marantz with Paradigm is concerned, I found them acceptable to my ears ( I am not a trained audiophile). However, I did not read anything drastic on Marantz-Paradigm pairing on this or other forums. Moreover, where I live, the choice available on buying good music system is limited as dealers are far and few and I am not comfortable on buying such a system online.

However, senior forum members are requested to give their views on the above set-up withing the price range.

All said and done, the system was installed yesterday. I am fully satisfied. I played Windsong (Bombay Jayshree & Pandit Ronu Mazumdaar), Eagles (Hell freezes over), Pink Floyd (The Wall) and Eric Clapton Unplugged.

Thanks once again.

The system delivered is brand new and not a demo item. All with proper bill and warranty papers.
The entire system was hand delivered to me in my house in Trivandrum and installed to my satisfaction without any additional charges (not even transportation). Date of import on Marantz products is June/July 2012 and on Paradigm is May 2012.

congrats and pics pleasee..
could you please update us about the dealer or PM me the dealer details... As am also looking for a similar setup. :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back