Is there a Media Player for DTS HD /DD True HD

True not denying that fact. But if you have to choose between the 3 or say 4 including playon hd2 , which one would it be ? :rolleyes:

I find sidewinder to be the best n more reliable with regular firmware updates , I might be still be wrong as I am still in very early stages of my R&D for the next media player or HTPC solution for my home.

Is Xtreamer sidewinder fully capable of DTS-HD MA and DD True HD passthrough to AVR ?

My R&D still continues , Have a WDTV Generation 1 player, overall have been very happy but it cannot do the HD audio and recently has been struggling with super quality IMAX prints (20gigs of download) of the movies I have been trying to play .... WDTV just gives up !!

Is Xtreamer sidewinder fully capable of DTS-HD MA and DD True HD passthrough to AVR ?

Xtreamer claims that with new RTK1283 chipset based sidewinder model, it is able to pass thru and downmix all formats of HD Audio.

Owners please share your experience on this . :)

Xtreamer claims that with new RTK1283 chipset based sidewinder model, it is able to pass thru and downmix all formats of HD Audio.

Owners please share your experience on this . :)

Whats Downmix ? Is it a compromised form of HD Audio (DTS HD MA & DD TRUE HD) ?

Hii Guys,

using Kaiober 1055+ for the last 2 months. Excellent product and passthrough DTS HD MA and Dolby true HD without flaw. Very VFM product.:licklips:

Please anyone let me know a feedback of Kaiober 1055 , Looks pretty sneaky chinese product. Can it do true DTS HD AND DDTrue HD Passthrough ?

I have a seagate home theater plus, connected to Onkyo receiver. And i was able to play DTS HD as well as DD true HD on this combination.

errr.. am not sure but I think my POHD Gen 1 does decode HD Audio...
I watched some lossless rips of Blu Ray movies in M2TS format and my AVR was able to recieve and decode DTS, DTS HD, DD, Tru HD, DTS-HD MA very easily.

The only thing that remains to test is DTS-HD HR 7.1

If you guys are talking about yet another format... can you list the specific name and if possible a demo file link? I will try it out tonight..

My relative is coming from US next month

I would like to get a Dune HD Duo from there

What is the best price (USD) at which we can get this there
Price shown in the Dune website is $379

I considered that, a branded Core i5 PC with 4GB RAM and addon AMD Radeon card etc may cost 25000+.

In case I am getting Due HD Duo at $350 and assuming no duties and taxes (if lucky) it will be around 16000.

I can also avoid the hassles of KBD, Mouse, installation and configuration etc.

In case my cost calculation is wrong for HTPC, please let me know what was the total cost when someone made HTPC recently with similar configuration

^^You can build an AMD Fusion APU system for 15 grand or so and it'll play everything.

Please check the Fusion thread for more info. Does the Dune come with a bluray drive? If so its not bad value. If not, its terrible value.

I recently moved from an Xtreamer to an HTPC and the difference is image quality is staggering. If you care about image quality, HTPC is the only way to go.

Thanks

Dune HD Max has one BD player and one Hot swap SATA slot.

Dune HD Duo has got two Hot swap SATA slots.

Since I already have Oppo BDP-83, I don't need BD player in Dune.

I found that Dune players are premium models and only Popcorn hour can come close in spec. But there are some features in Popcorn hour C200 which is not available in Dune HD Duo

Thanks

Dune HD Max has one BD player and one Hot swap SATA slot.

Dune HD Duo has got two Hot swap SATA slots.

Since I already have Oppo BDP-83, I don't need BD player in Dune.

I found that Dune players are premium models and only Popcorn hour can come close in spec. But there are some features in Popcorn hour C200 which is not available in Dune HD Duo

All of them - PCH, NMT, Dune, WDTV Live use the same sigma designs 86xx chipset. Theoretically they should perform the same. However because of different firmwares, they perform a bit differently. Before you buy it, do be aware that in terms of image quality, there would be absolutely no difference. The only differences would be expansion options.

ALso look at the Netgear NeoTV 550. Well cheaper than Dune and has most of the functionality. I actually preferred the NTV over Dune. Dune is a bit more stable though, and some people report having some firmware issues with the NTV. I have had it for a few months and couldn't be happier. Plays DVD and BluRay folders / ISO perfectly along with HD audio passthrough, as long as your hard drive and network are up to snuff.

I was looking for a media player which can play blu ray rips from hard drive and can pass through DTS HD or True HD to my Yamaha receiver.

Finally I found a product that suits my needs. This would be Crystal Acoustics MM-BOX.
I felt its better than Crystal Acoustics PICOHD-5.1 because "MM-BOX" can play dvd/blu ray ISOs and it has DTS HD passthrough and DTS HD Master Audio passthrough. I think this product comparison would be helpful for you all (as it was helpful for me).

Previously I selected Sumvision Cyclone Micro 3. But later on I found that Cyclone Micro 3 cannot send True HD or DTS Master audio to my AVR.

I found from Crystal Acoustics site that MM-BOX might be available from July, 2012.

---------------------------------------------Edit------------------------------------------------
Just found it on ebay india site. In case anybody is interested. Here is the link.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Cheers,
Saikat
-----------------------------------------------------------
Yamaha Aventage RX A810 | Monitor Audio BX2 | Yamaha YST-FSW050

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back