jamo C605/ C607

Status
Not open for further replies.

auro

would like to know if anybody's had any experience with these speakers. the new conceret line up frm jamo, all made in PRC. would like to discuss this with fellow users. thnks

I did audition C607 and am not sure if I should buy. Still sort of confused. I am happy with it's looks, excellent mid tones and the specs (except for its sensitivity - 89db)

-Keshav

well im using a marantz PM7001 as amp and loudness is definitely no trouble. but it doesnt really get to the heart of recordings, know what i mean? bass is also very heavy. mids perhaps just ok defined. if u're predominantly a music listener i suggest you go for a good stereo amp rather than some multichannel nonsense.

Last edited:
Auro

When you have amplifiers like the PM 7001 , get something which is better then the jamos. the older jamo's were good but not their latest versions.
Please do check the monitor audio , mission , Dali , Energy as these speakers dont need a lot of power and will be a good match for the Marantz.

regards

I kinda agree with soundofmusic here... the newer jamos are mostly mass market speakers. Not that great.

very true..and so i realise. also, i reckon they're priced way above their weight here in india. if i had to go mass market, mightaswell have gone for a sony/philips all in one for less than 15k instead!

Last edited:
The older D series and the higher end of the E series (E7//E8) were nice musical speakers though not the last word in detail. The current ones are pretty crappy in just about everything. I have an older E855 but I'd not buy any of the newer ones.

yeh, they are nice to look at though. form over substance, my conclusion from a year's exp with the speakers.

would like to know if anybody's had any experience with these speakers. the new conceret line up frm jamo, all made in PRC. would like to discuss this with fellow users. thnks

hi ,dont know much abt the C605/607, but have been using the C809 for the last one year ,they are jst AWESOME, you wud never listen to another speaker again for a long long time, only disadvantage is these C809 require a very high powered amp to sound thier best, and also the price-1.6 lakh INR

hi ,dont know much abt the C605/607, but have been using the C809 for the last one year ,they are jst AWESOME, you wud never listen to another speaker again for a long long time, only disadvantage is these C809 require a very high powered amp to sound thier best, and also the price-1.6 lakh INR

Wow subhash thats a great speaker you have there mate, they look gorgeous in piano black, far better than Tyra Banks IMO :p. I bet they sound incredible, which city are you in ?

I have C607 for more than a year now and I think they sound great (I use PM7001 amp). They are far from being "cheap" or "mass market" speakers as the perception (not sure how many people have really auditioned these speakers) seems to be on this forum. Check this out:

BTW, Regarding The Jamo c607

I have C607 for more than a year now and I think they sound great (I use PM7001 amp). They are far from being "cheap" or "mass market" speakers as the perception (not sure how many people have really auditioned these speakers) seems to be on this forum. Check this out:

BTW, Regarding The Jamo c607

I had a Jamo E855 once upon a time. This was sold to someone in through this forum. My personal experience is that the new C6xx don't come remotely close to the musicality of the older E7/E8/D5 series speakers. There have been compromises to the cabinet compared to the old speakers. The newer ones are significantly thinner.

Jamos were never the most revealing speakers. However the newer ones are just dull and boring. It doesn't help matters that they are woefully overpriced in India.

I still have a pair of E700 bookshelves in my bedroom and absolutely adore them. But the newer speakers are nowhere close.

I had a Jamo E855 once upon a time. This was sold to someone in through this forum. My personal experience is that the new C6xx don't come remotely close to the musicality of the older E7/E8/D5 series speakers. There have been compromises to the cabinet compared to the old speakers. The newer ones are significantly thinner.

Jamos were never the most revealing speakers. However the newer ones are just dull and boring. It doesn't help matters that they are woefully overpriced in India.

I still have a pair of E700 bookshelves in my bedroom and absolutely adore them. But the newer speakers are nowhere close.

ReignofChaos - a few months back I had auditioned the Jamo S606, 718, C405 and C403 as also the old E855 that the Cinebels guy had on sale. All are floorstanders except for the C403. The first two models mentioned suit the term mass market speakers. The Concert series speakers were simply mindboggling to listen to.

I had only a brief listen to the C605 but I thought it was slightly bass heavy - not sure as I only had about 10 minutes to listen to these. But I can confidently say that the C405 is a wonderful speaker - much better than the Wharfedale Diamond or the MS Avant floorstanders. And yes, it is also better balanced than the MA BR5 or the KEF iQ5 in my opinion. The BR5 is a bit too boxy and laidback for me and the KEF is good only for vocals and barely sounds like a floorstander. This is what I got from my audition. Others' mileage may vary:)

Wow subhash thats a great speaker you have there mate, they look gorgeous in piano black, far better than Tyra Banks IMO :p. I bet they sound incredible, which city are you in ?

hi, the C809, sure is a fantastic speaker , i have the dark apple finish, am in bangalore, the one problem with these are they need a very high powered amp,finally am driving them with a Carver TFM35X pre/power for music(rated @250 @8 ohms) and Onkyo 875 AVR for movies

Last edited:

Check out the review of C607 in Feb '09 issue of AV Max (which also carries a review of C807 though it is rated lower than C607). Though pricing could be better, with respect to SQ & build they stand along side the best in the class.

Check out the review of C607 in Feb '09 issue of AV Max (which also carries a review of C807 though it is rated lower than C607). Though pricing could be better, with respect to SQ & build they stand along side the best in the class.

I'd rather base my opinions on what my ears can hear than reviews written by some other bloke. I'm not sure what speakers he compared it with to give it a best in class award but to my ears, they just didn't sound as good as earlier jamo speakers. They didn't pass the knuckle test either - the cabinet sounded resonant and hollow.

hi, you got to listen to the C809 in stereo , it sure will change your opinion ,chk out the sound / build quality it sure will blow you away!!

I'd rather base my opinions on what my ears can hear than reviews written by some other bloke. I'm not sure what speakers he compared it with to give it a best in class award but to my ears, they just didn't sound as good as earlier jamo speakers. They didn't pass the knuckle test either - the cabinet sounded resonant and hollow.

ROC, I am curious. What amp did you pair the Jamo Concert series speakers' with when you auditioned them? The C405 is a medium sized floorstander which does a fantastic job. The 603 is a lovely bookshelf and the 605 is a slightly slimmer and taller floorstander. Personally I liked the C405 better. But I did not have enough time to sample the C605 to the fullest extent so one never knows.

But these speakers when paired with Marantz amps/receivers really do justice to midrange and vocals. That was my experience.

ROC, I am curious. What amp did you pair the Jamo Concert series speakers' with when you auditioned them? The C405 is a medium sized floorstander which does a fantastic job. The 603 is a lovely bookshelf and the 605 is a slightly slimmer and taller floorstander. Personally I liked the C405 better. But I did not have enough time to sample the C605 to the fullest extent so one never knows.

But these speakers when paired with Marantz amps/receivers really do justice to midrange and vocals. That was my experience.

Cinebels had it paired with a Marantz PM7001 and a CD6002. Neither of that is bad equipment at the entry level but it just didn't have any emotional attachment whatsoever.

At 1.5 odd lacs for the C809, there are way better options out there - in terms of sound, in terms of looks and in terms of snob value. If it was priced around a lac or so, it would make some sense. In the US, the C809 sells for under 1500 USD per pair.

Cinebels had it paired with a Marantz PM7001 and a CD6002. Neither of that is bad equipment at the entry level but it just didn't have any emotional attachment whatsoever.

At 1.5 odd lacs for the C809, there are way better options out there - in terms of sound, in terms of looks and in terms of snob value. If it was priced around a lac or so, it would make some sense. In the US, the C809 sells for under 1500 USD per pair.

Hmm... I was not aware that it costed above a lakh. In any case I only listened to the C400 and C600 series of speakers:) For that kind of money, Focal Electra floorstanders take the cake. They are, without doubt, the best speakers I have heard in my life.

I listened to these speakers with the same pairing equipment you mention. And they were really nice. I listened to some Indian classical music along with the usual suspects - some Bollywood and Tamil cinema songs. They were particularly strong on the vocals and midrange. The bass was not very hefty but they were good enough for me as I am not into heavy metal or music of that kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back