jamo C605/ C607

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the truth is....Jamo speakers in general and the C809 (and C60 and C80 Series) are actually a wee-bit laid back in their presentation, compared to a lot of other brands speakers.

Sure, these Jamo speakers have nice dynamics and they do rock. But they are not an aggressive, in-your-face presentation....like a lot of other brands are.

As for older guys. Some of us "older guys" still like to rock:eek:hyeah:

I may be 46 years old, but there's still a lot of boogie and rockin' in my soul:lol:

I dont know why everyones on about the C series, I heard them and found it overpriced for their value in comparison to the OLD e7 series and the present s708/718 speakers in overall quality. 26,000 rs 1,50,000... bullshit difference in pricing for the minimal quality difference in comparison to those two models. But yes I agree the s608 and 606 are definitely compromised sound.. just looks nice.. 606 sounds like some kind of music happening far far away.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I currently own and have the Jamo C603, C607, C803, C807, C809 in four different systems in my home. (Master bedroom, Office, Living Room 2 channel/HT system and Family Room).

I have never heard any of these speakers sound muddy. In fact, muddy would never be the adjective I would use to describe any of these speakers.

I have heard and spent significant time with the E870, E855 and D870.

The D870 is an unfair comparison to any of the C60 Series speakers, because the D870 was a much more expensive speaker pair.

Nothing in the C60 Series is anywhere near the cost, to what the D870 cost. The D870 was a special speaker and utilized some very well-known, high quality drivers. As well as a very expensive and thick cabinet.

But the Jamo C807 and C809 absolutely do compete with the D870; at a slightly lower cost. Listen, like I said....the D870 was a special speaker. But let's not exaggerate the D870. The C807 and C809 are right there with the D870.

And anyone who has lived with the C807 or C809 and had significant experience withe the D870; knows there's really not much of a difference in terms of sound quality. The real difference is the D870 has a slightly different voicing.

Now, you're comparing the C605 with the E855 (both floorstanding speakers). Which I guess is a close comparison. The C605 is the weak link of the C60 Series and it's still a good sounding speaker for the money.

The C607 is much better at depth of detail and delivering a much more three demensional texture and timbre to the instruments, than the E855. And the C607 is so much more musically sweeter. Sorry, I've heard both. Maybe it's the components that you have in the chain, that don't go well with the C605. But you've never heard the C607. So you can't comment on the C607.

The C803 is a bookshelf speaker and the E855 is a floorstander. Yet you admit that the C803 is a little better than the E855. That was what you said.

So if you admit the C803 (a bookshelf speaker) is a little better than the E855 (a floorstander): how could the C803 be murky, unnatural, undetailed and musically uninvolving, if it's better than the natural sounding, detailed and musically involving E855 (which is how you described the E855)? And the E855 is a floorstander speaker, while C803 is a bookshelf speaker. Hello, you are contradicting yourself.

Furthermore, does it not stand to reason that the C807 and C809 are in fact much, much better than the E855?

Again, after more than a year of living with the C607 and C603; I would never describe them as muddy sounding. Muddy applies to speakers like the Wharfedale Diamon 8 Series. Now, those are a little muddy sounding.

My problem here is this.............

You ( and this guy "soundofmusic" ) made some very general, all encompassing negative comments about all of Jamo's current speakers and speaker series.

Yet, you really have only had experience with the C605 (allegedly). And you claim you have experience with the C803, but you contradict yourself in your descriptions and comparisons. So your comments regarding the C803 are suspect and suspicious.

And even if you truely had experience with the C605 and C803. How could you possibly make such a generalized criticism of all of Jamo's speakers, if your intentions are to be fair and honest; when you have only heard two of their current models?

I'd like to see what your response will be to my questions.

soundofmusic didn't even take the time to offer any evidence to support his comments. But he did immediately suggest monitor audio , mission , Dali , Energy speakers. A nd claimed they are easier to power, than all of Jamo speakers. Which of course, is not even remotely true. Not even close.

As for what I have compared to all the Jamo speakers I have. here's a few......

Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grand

Vienna Acoustics Baby Bethoveen Grand

Polk Audio RTi A9

Polk Audio RTi A7

Polk Audio RTi A5

Wharfedale Evolution 30

Wharfedale Evolution 40

Wharfedale Opus 2

Castle Acoustics Warwick 3 (the original and real Castle Acoustics Warwick 3, not the IAG reincarnation products)

Paradigm Monitor 9v4

Paradigm Studio 100 v4

Just to name a few. There's actually more.

I have auditioned the Jamo in Cinebells, Chennai and at that time I was using a Quad21L speakers in my basic 15feet by 10feet room , which is not acoustically treated and dont have any fancy cables. The sales person in the cinebells played various Jamo speakers including the C605 and to me there is nothing special in C605 and it was not even impressive to have a second look at it. Moreover my 21L was far far superior in musicality and the 21L had a great mid and sweet hi freq then any of the Jamos auditioned in cinebells. Definitely the 807 should be a good speakers - but given the cost i would prefer a Proac or Dynaudio or pay little more and go for spendor. But if you are looking for a loud sound then jamos or Jbl or even a klipsch will work fine for you.

I have encountered several people on four different music/gear forums who come on and say negative things about these Jamo speakers. They make negative comments about these speakers and submit fabricated, contrived alleged information. But the comments they make and information they submit, are all inaccurate and completey incorrect.
As we all know, you can not judge a speaker by listening under these circumstances. Poor room acoustics in a store with 10-15 other speakers, cheap receivers and cheap DVD players as a sources.

You really can't judge any speaker till you actually have lived with them for a while and experimented with proper placement, room acoustics and provided them with quality amplification and source.

Interestingly, these people who were putting the Jamo speakers down. usually are pushing some other brand of speakers. You can all form your own opinions on that.

And you certainly can not form an educated opinion and judgement on speakers you never have heard at all.

Nmytree,

you certainly have strange tastes, given that you have jamo loudspeakers at four locations in your home - not many people would do that (suffer four jamo end-points)

before i say anything further -
i have owned and heard jamo loudspeakers with suitable amplification -
i am not pushing any other brand.

that said, i will not say anything about your irrational love for jamo loudspeakers, except that, perhaps, maybe, you need to get your hearing checked. There are quite a few people who have unrecognised (significant) hearing losses - and this could have caused your gravitation towards the jamo sphere.

other than that, most people usually start off with the likes of Jamos/Infinity/Definitive tech - stay with them for 2 - 3 years and then move on to better things, and there are better in this world. (the spendors are excellent)

i find your extreme stance a little disconcerting (that is, if you do not have hearing loss)

regards

Last edited:
Nmytree,

you certainly have strange tastes, given that you have jamo loudspeakers at four locations in your home - not many people would do that (suffer four jamo end-points)

that said, i will not say anything about your irrational love for jamo loudspeakers, except that, perhaps, maybe, you need to get your hearing checked. There are quite a few people who have unrecognised (significant) hearing losses - and this could have caused your gravitation towards the jamo sphere.

other than that, most people usually start off with the likes of Jamos/Infinity/Definitive tech - stay with them for 2 - 3 years and then move on to better things, and there are better in this world.

i find your extreme stance a little disconcerting (that is, if you do not have hearing loss)

regards

You didn't say anything irrational except that perhaps who are we to step on subjective matters?

Partypooper :indifferent14:

I dont know why everyones on about the C series, I heard them and found it overpriced for their value in comparison to the OLD e7 series and the present s708/718 speakers in overall quality. 26,000 rs 1,50,000... bullshit difference in pricing for the minimal quality difference in comparison to those two models. But yes I agree the s608 and 606 are definitely compromised sound.. just looks nice.. 606 sounds like some kind of music happening far far away.

Bullshit pricing? Excuse me. Could you name a few speakers of comparable quality (floorstanders) under the Rs. 40,000 bracket?

Nmytree,

other than that, most people usually start off with the likes of Jamos/Infinity/Definitive tech - stay with them for 2 - 3 years and then move on to better things, and there are better in this world. (the spendors are excellent)

regards

Come on, Suri. In the spirit of Buddhism, lets forgive the member for any predilections that he or she may have had.

Plus I have heard the Jamo Concert series of speakers many times and my opinion is that they are not bad speakers by any stretch of imagination.

guys , if you have not liked the C809s then all u guys am sure have a hearing problem or are too old, or are better off with some mini compos listening to some crappy downloads thro a comp :lol:

guys , if you have not liked the C809s then all u guys am sure have a hearing problem or are too old, or are better off with some mini compos listening to some crappy downloads thro a comp :lol:

hi subhash, have not heard the C809 - when are you inviting me home for a listen?
regds
suri

Nmytree,

regards

Thank you for your insightful prose. And thank you for your concern of my hearing. I am deeply touched by your thoughtful concern. It warms my heart.

But have no fear. I have my hearing checked on a yearly basis and the results have been exceptional.

Let me take a moment to elaborate and clarify my musically rational love of my Jamo speakers.

You see, people buy the speakers they buy, for many reasons . It truely is a very personal preference orientated choice, based on one's own personal tastes. Despite perceptions of strange or popular tastes.

Some people buy speakers for sonic fireworks (Boom, Boom, Bam-Bam, Ratatatatat). Some people buy speakers for aesthetic appeal. Some people just buy what's popular.

As any well educated man will tell you, there's no accounting for taste.

I am a musician and music lover...at heart. I choose my speakers based on musicality. Sweet musicality takes a higher priority over all other things. An almost antiquated notion, I'm sure.

Melody, melodic depth, harmonic sweetness and emotionally involving speakers are my main focus.

My experience with my Jamo speakers (while being fed the music by my McIntosh C220, MC252, MC352, Van Alstine FET 500 amp, Rega Saturn, Rega Apollo, MCD301 and SOTA Turntable) speaks to me of a much different musical reality; than that which you so ungenerously describe.

The presentation is quite musical, quite emotionally involving and a pleasure to listen to for long hours. And since I buy speakers to listen to music, I'd say these Jamo speakers are very appropriate.

And considering the feedback and reaction of the well-educated and trained musicians who have been in my home and listened to my Jamo C809, C807 and C607 (as well as several non-musician friends I have in this hobby); I feel confident my perception of my speakers is well-founded and shared in the reality of well trained and brand-selling disinterested ears.

Once again I think you for your concern.

Now, if I may. I would like to address your concern with what is popular.

You see, I fail to understand what exactly should be my concern or interest in what most people do.

Popularity has hardly ever been a measuring stick for quality, talent or musicality. Here in the United States, we have Britney Spears as a prime example and thanks to the Brits; we also have American Idol paving the way of prime examples. What's popular and what most people do, often fails to be relevent.

Another prime example being Paradigm Loudspeakers. Here in North america they are very popular. But I have often found their speakers about as muscially involving as toothpicks under the finger nails, while having a tooth drilled by one's dentist. For those (such as yourself) less inclined to comprehend my metaphor. I don't like Paradigm speakers and find a large majority of them musically void.

Popularity is what turned this world into a MP3, IPod buying, cellphone downloading horde of civilization. That is what most people do. Yet, I can't seem to shake the impression that listening to music encoded in a squashed MP3 format, through an IPod or cell phone; seems rather musically univolving. So forgive me for not concerning myself with what most people do.

My post which you quoted was a very distinct and focused response to a specific topic, by another user. Clearly most who read his post, noticed an enormous contradiction in his alleged experience and comparison. I mention this because you quoted my response to him and responded to my comments. Obviously you were quite busy with lunch or other such significant matters; to pay such close attention to the subject matter and point being made.

I have to believe that if you are so easily disconcerted over my musically rational love of my Jamo speakers. Maybe you should avoid other such disconcerting matters such as purring kittens and rainfall. Yes I know, both can be quite scarey and .......disconcerting. I must say, if you are so jittery ... so delicate; I too would find it disconcerting.

Last edited:
Come on, Suri. In the spirit of Buddhism, lets forgive the member for any predilections that he or she may have had.

I have responded to Jamo speaker based threads and posts.

The topic matter being Jamo speakers. I have not gone into threads based in other speaker manufactors, to push or convince anyone in favor of Jamo.

I think your comment is a bit inaccurate and unfair, when claiming predilection.

Of course I very much like my Jamo speakers. And I'm happy to speak of them, when someone asks. Certainly, I do not and will not go into a thread of another speaker and speak about a speaker I have no experience with. That would be dishonest and misleading.

Thank you for your insightful prose. And thank you for your concern of my hearing. I am deeply touched by your thoughtful concern. It warms my heart.

But have no fear. I have my hearing checked on a yearly basis and the results have been exceptional.

Let me take a moment to elaborate and clarify my musically rational love of my Jamo speakers.

You see, people buy the speakers they buy, for many reasons . It truely is a very personal preference orientated choice, based on one's own personal tastes. Despite perceptions of strange or popular tastes.

Some people buy speakers for sonic fireworks (Boom, Boom, Bam-Bam, Ratatatatat). Some people buy speakers for aesthetic appeal. Some people just buy what's popular.

As any well educated man will tell you, there's no accounting for taste.

I am a musician and music lover...at heart. I choose my speakers based on musicality. Sweet musicality takes a higher priority over all other things. An almost antiquated notion, I'm sure.

Melody, melodic depth, harmonic sweetness and emotionally involving speakers are my main focus.

My experience with my Jamo speakers (while being fed the music by my McIntosh C220, MC252, MC352, Van Alstine FET 500 amp, Rega Saturn, Rega Apollo, MCD301 and SOTA Turntable) speaks to me of a much different musical reality; than that which you so ungenerously describe.

The presentation is quite musical, quite emotionally involving and a pleasure to listen to for long hours. And since I buy speakers to listen to music, I'd say these Jamo speakers are very appropriate.

And considering the feedback and reaction of the well-educated and trained musicians who have been in my home and listened to my Jamo C809, C807 and C607 (as well as several non-musician friends I have in this hobby); I feel confident my perception of my speakers is well-founded and shared in the reality of well trained and brand-selling disinterested ears.

Once again I think you for your concern.

Now, if I may. I would like to address your concern with what is popular.

You see, I fail to understand what exactly should be my concern or interest in what most people do.

Popularity has hardly ever been a measuring stick for quality, talent or musicality. Here in the United States, we have Britney Spears as a prime example and thanks to the Brits; we also have American Idol paving the way of prime examples. What's popular and what most people do, often fails to be relevent.

Another prime example being Paradigm Loudspeakers. Here in North america they are very popular. But I have often found their speakers about as muscially involving as toothpicks under the finger nails, while having a tooth drilled by one's dentist. For those (such as yourself) less inclined to comprehend my metaphor. I don't like Paradigm speakers and find a large majority of them musically void.

Popularity is what turned this world into a MP3, IPod buying, cellphone downloading horde of civilization. That is what most people do. Yet, I can't seem to shake the impression that listening to music encoded in a squashed MP3 format, through an IPod or cell phone; seems rather musically univolving. So forgive me for not concerning myself with what most people do.

My post which you quoted was a very distinct and focused response to a specific topic, by another user. Clearly most who read his post, noticed an enormous contradiction in his alleged experience and comparison. I mention this because you quoted my response to him and responded to my comments. Obviously you were quite busy with lunch or other such significant matters; to pay such close attention to the subject matter and point being made.

I have to believe that if you are so easily disconcerted over my musically rational love of my Jamo speakers. Maybe you should avoid other such disconcerting matters such as purring kittens and rainfall. Yes I know, both can be quite scarey and .......disconcerting. I must say, if you are so jittery ... so delicate; I too would find it disconcerting.

hi nmytree, your control and restraint, in the face of extreme provocation, is admirable!:).

and while i understand your summary dismissal of paradigm speakers and popular trends, i fail to understand why all your systems are Jamo.

surely, you must have noticed ( and based on your need for Melody, melodic depth, harmonic sweetness and emotionally involving speakers) that there are loudspeakers that might measure up to the Jamos, or (horrors!) even best these paragons of loudspeaker virtue!

hey nmytree, get real, get yourself a life - yeah, live with your Jamos and be happy, sorry if i interfered and 9/11'ed your idyllic existence.

stop thinking about me, i do not exist, and neither do loudspeakers which sound better than your multiple jamos.:lol:

hi nmytree, your control and restraint, in the face of extreme provocation, is admirable!:).

and while i understand your summary dismissal of paradigm speakers and popular trends, i fail to understand why all your systems are Jamo.

surely, you must have noticed ( and based on your need for Melody, melodic depth, harmonic sweetness and emotionally involving speakers) that there are loudspeakers that might measure up to the Jamos, or (horrors!) even best these paragons of loudspeaker virtue!

hey nmytree, get real, get yourself a life - yeah, live with your Jamos and be happy, sorry if i interfered and 9/11'ed your idyllic existence.

stop thinking about me, i do not exist, and neither do loudspeakers which sound better than your multiple jamos.:lol:

:lol:

Why would you assume I haven't tried other speakers?

In fact, in this thread I provided a list of 11 of the speakers I did audition (some right in my home and some at different dealer shops). And that was just 11 of them, there was more.

Did you miss that post?

As for my life. Let's not be silly, suri.

I spend time on these music forums and so do you and everyone else here.

So what makes my time spent here different from yours?

It's also a mistake to assume you know something about my life, just because I like to spend time on music forums discussing my rational musical love for my Jamo:D

But to answer your question:

1) I really like the voicing of these Jamo speakers, for the attributes I mentioned in my post.

2) I auditioned so many speakers, but for the price I can get these Jamo speakers for and as much as I love their sound; nothing I have auditioned has offered a better deal in terms of price and musicality.

Last edited:
I have responded to Jamo speaker based threads and posts.

The topic matter being Jamo speakers. I have not gone into threads based in other speaker manufactors, to push or convince anyone in favor of Jamo.

I think your comment is a bit inaccurate and unfair, when claiming predilection.

Of course I very much like my Jamo speakers. And I'm happy to speak of them, when someone asks. Certainly, I do not and will not go into a thread of another speaker and speak about a speaker I have no experience with. That would be dishonest and misleading.

NMyTree, let me hasten to add that when I mention the word 'predilection' I do so under the assumption that each of us are wont to our own predilections. We cannot escape them. And these predilections - for want of a better word - are a sum effect of our experiences and of our aversion or attraction towards each of them.

So, roughly you can take predilection as 'preference' in this context. Learned preference, if you may. That is subjective too.

Hope this helps.

By the way, if it is of any help, I have enjoyed the Concert series speakers of Jamo while I also cannot stand Paradigm speakers!

what a fun thread....and to think i'd missed it for so long. I have nothing of value to add on Jamo speakers....I've only heard the S406 for any length of time and I am sure even nmytree would dismiss that as not representative of the quality that Jamo produces, but yeah this is fun....*gets tub of popcorn and sits down*

@ nMY_Tree

Are talking about value for money which you get in the US of A for these C series loudspeakers or is the question about the absolute quality these offer ? I guess the biggest floorstander c807 in this series are available around 1k $ in the US.

I liked the older D series. Their top of the line series in the 90's. The bookshelf model was a gem.

@ nMY_Tree
I guess the biggest floorstander c807 in this series are available around 1k $ in the US.

The biggest floorstander in the C80 Series is the Jamo C809 floorstander. I got my pair for just a little under $1,500 USD. What ever C807's that are left in the USA, are going for around $1,000 USD.

Are talking about value for money which you get in the US of A for these C series loudspeakers or is the question about the absolute quality these offer ?

It's their overall musical quality and overall value, compared to all the other speakers I auditioned or have previously owned.

In terms of overall musicality and value, I have found these Jamo speakers hard to beat. It's difficult to want to spend $1,000....or $2,000 more on other so-called higher end speakers, when I enjoy the musical sound of the Jamo much more than the more expensive speakers I have auditioned.

If one finds the musicality and sound they love in a pair of $1,000......$1,500 speakers; why would one prefer to spend more money for much more expwnsive speakers that do not deliver the musical satisfaction of the $1,000......$1,500 speakers?

what a fun thread....and to think i'd missed it for so long. I have nothing of value to add on Jamo speakers....I've only heard the S406 for any length of time and I am sure even nmytree would dismiss that as not representative of the quality that Jamo produces, but yeah this is fun....*gets tub of popcorn and sits down*

No need to get testy over my comments. It is a well known fact that auditioning speakers in one's own home and living with a pair of speakers ( with one's system components ), is the only way to truely know what a pair of speakers sound like and how they will match up with one's room acoustics and other system components.

You truely don't know a piece of gear till you actully live with them. Or spend some significant time with them at a friend's or relative's home.

But if you take a system your friend or relative has in their home and bring it into your home: there's a very high probability the system won't sound exactly the same in your home, as it did in your friend's/relatives home. Room acoustics is very important.

And it's also very well known that system synergy between components and speakers, plays a very important role in the resulting sound.

I don't believe the S406 is available in the USA.

Regardless, your impressions of the S 406 would be representative of the quality the S406, not representative of all of Jamo's speaker models.

That just common sense.

hey nmytree, with all due respect i think you're getting a bit of a persecution complex....i wasn't getting testy about your comments at all....it just seemed like a fun argument and i was interested in reading it.

The S406 is an old very basic Jamo floorstander that's decent but not particularly great, and my reason for saying that you wouldn't consider it as representative of Jamo's quality is that it's old and very basic, and it's tough to judge a brand or a range based on an outdated entry-level model. I considered it worth saying since you have been championing Jamo speakers in general, and taking issue with what you perceive to be a conspiracy or a campaign of sorts to unfairly malign them. In light of that I thought my feedback on an outdated entry-level Jamo speaker would be irrelevant and I was explaining my reasons therefore for not saying anything about them and why I have no side to pick in this debate.

None of my comments I thought indicated any irritation or ill-will towards you. I have no position on this argument and no camp to support...which is why I am surprised that you seem a bit miffed. Peace!

No need to get testy over my comments. It is a well known fact that auditioning speakers in one's own home and living with a pair of speakers ( with one's system components ), is the only way to truely know what a pair of speakers sound like and how they will match up with one's room acoustics and other system components.

You truely don't know a piece of gear till you actully live with them. Or spend some significant time with them at a friend's or relative's home.

But if you take a system your friend or relative has in their home and bring it into your home: there's a very high probability the system won't sound exactly the same in your home, as it did in your friend's/relatives home. Room acoustics is very important.

And it's also very well known that system synergy between components and speakers, plays a very important role in the resulting sound.

I don't believe the S406 is available in the USA.

Regardless, your impressions of the S 406 would be representative of the quality the S406, not representative of all of Jamo's speaker models.

That just common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back