jamo C605/ C607

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey nmytree, with all due respect i think you're getting a bit of a persecution complex....i wasn't getting testy about your comments at all....it just seemed like a fun argument and i was interested in reading it.

The S406 is an old very basic Jamo floorstander that's decent but not particularly great, and my reason for saying that you wouldn't consider it as representative of Jamo's quality is that it's old and very basic, and it's tough to judge a brand or a range based on an outdated entry-level model. I considered it worth saying since you have been championing Jamo speakers in general, and taking issue with what you perceive to be a conspiracy or a campaign of sorts to unfairly malign them. In light of that I thought my feedback on an outdated entry-level Jamo speaker would be irrelevant and I was explaining my reasons therefore for not saying anything about them and why I have no side to pick in this debate.

None of my comments I thought indicated any irritation or ill-will towards you. I have no position on this argument and no camp to support...which is why I am surprised that you seem a bit miffed. Peace!

You're mistaken. I'm not miffed. Nor do I have a persecution complex. That's just silly:lol:

Your post seems rather sarcastic, so that's why I said no need to get testy.

In regards to your perception that I perceive to be a conspiracy or a campaign of sorts to unfairly malign them.

Earlier in this thread (several weeks ago), I noted a clear contradiction in another member's observations and so-called review and comparisons of the Jamo C803. I presented my counter-argument and highligted the contradictions. The contradiction was clear. That member never really returned to address my counter-points and the contradiction he presented.

It also appears that we have had a few people "reviewing" Jamo speakers and making broad, all encompassing comments about Jamo speakers, which they have either not ever heard or speakers they had a very brief exposure to. I addressed that. And I believe I have a very valid point.

When you you come across several people, making similar comments about a brand name and it's speakers; on several forums across the internet. And they clearly have had no experience with the speakers they speak of. It's not that there's a conspiracy, but that some people obviously have an agenda to belittle or denigrate Jamo speakers. And when two of those people are eventually proven to be dealers for competing brands, it's not a theory any more.

I think that's dishonest and misleading. One guy on another forum was trashing the C607 and calling it a bookshelf speaker; which he claimed to have compared to several floorstanders:lol:

Afterwards, I asked a few specific questions, it was obvious the guy had no idea what he was talking about and couldn't even confirm exactly what Jamo speakers he claimed to have auditioned. It wasn't the C603, nor the C607 ...nor the C803. Yet he was slamming the C60 and C80 Series.

Believe what you will, but my only intentions are to help people (based on my experience with them) when they inquire about Jamo speakers I'm familiar with and other brand speakers I have owned; as well as sharing my happiness with my Jamo speakers. You don't see me slamming speakers I have no experience with or going into other speakers brand threads and pushing Jamo.

I have several of the Jamo C60 and C80 Series speaker models. And I have had the good fortune to be able to match them up with high quality amplification and sources. Rega CD Players, Vincent SA-T1 Preamp, Van Alstine FET Valve 500 amplifier, Butler TDB 2250 amp and just over the last 4 months....McIntosh c220 preamp, mc252 amp and MCD 301 CD/SACD player.

I've had the opportunity to set them up properly, feed them high quality components, place them in rooms that have good room acoustics (with some casual treatments) and live with them for an extended period of time.

I think that gives me a much better grasp of experience than someone who listened to some Jamo speakers for 30-60 minutes, in a dealer's showroom; filled with 6-10 pairs of other speakers, a cheap source and a cheap receiver.

By the same token of you thinking I have a persecution complex, I could just as easily say....... it seems to me some people are awfully threatened by my sharing my experiences and opinions with Jamo speakers.:eek:hyeah:

Ultimately, I'm glad you find this entertaining. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hi NMy_Tree,

I have compared the concert level speakers with their D series speakers in the early 2000's and I found the D series to be far superior across the spectrum and worth every penny. I have not listened to their new updated models so can't comment on their worth. In fact I found the lower lines from Jamo to be very "low value for money".
I had once done a home demo of the Jamo concert floorstander costing some 60k (forgot the model) against a floorstander by Acoustic portrait ( all vifa drivers -hi-end crossover components and far superior build quality than the Jamo). The Acoustic portrait sounded far superior across the spectrum. There was clearly no comparison. All this for some 15k less.

Music was Jazz, western, Indian classical, mainstrem pop and rock.

I guess each person listens differently and what is important to each individual is different depending on where they come from.

hehe okay, we'll put it down to a misunderstanding :)

I totally get your point nmytree, i do understand that you know and love these speakers and you believe that the people who are dissing them haven't given them a fair hearing. it's great to see differing perspectives on all kinds of equipment. I've not heard these speakers, but now that I've heard your descriptions, if ever I have occasion to acquire floorstanders, I'll definitely give them a proper listen.

But again, I think your conclusion that the people who're dissing them have an 'agenda' is a bit of a stretch. While it may be true that these people did not hear it in optimal conditions, and that might be the reason they didn't like it, that at least shows they auditioned it, and didn't like what they heard. And posted their views accordingly. I don't think you're helping your cause by accusing people of having an agenda. Might it not have been better to just suggest that they probably haven't heard it in its optimal setting and leave it at that?

With regard to the specific points that you raised regarding the cabinet, yes, a response would be in order, but the absence of one doesn't again show an 'agenda'. Again, let me thank you for sharing your extensive experience with these speakers that most of us reading would value. There are also a number of respected members here who seem to like the Jamo C series sound, so rest assured there is no general perception that Jamo is inferior.

cheers

You're mistaken. I'm not miffed. Nor do I have a persecution complex. That's just silly:lol:

Your post seems rather sarcastic, so that's why I said no need to get testy.

In regards to your perception that I perceive to be a conspiracy or a campaign of sorts to unfairly malign them.

Earlier in this thread (several weeks ago), I noted a clear contradiction in another member's observations and so-called review and comparisons of the Jamo C803. I presented my counter-argument and highligted the contradictions. The contradiction was clear. That member never really returned to address my counter-points and the contradiction he presented.

It also appears that we have had a few people "reviewing" Jamo speakers and making broad, all encompassing comments about Jamo speakers, which they have either not ever heard or speakers they had a very brief exposure to. I addressed that. And I believe I have a very valid point.

When you you come across several people, making similar comments about a brand name and it's speakers; on several forums across the internet. And they clearly have had no experience with the speakers they speak of. It's not that there's a conspiracy, but that some people obviously have an agenda to belittle or denigrate Jamo speakers. And when two of those people are eventually proven to be dealers for competing brands, it's not a theory any more.

I think that's dishonest and misleading. One guy on another forum was trashing the C607 and calling it a bookshelf speaker; which he claimed to have compared to several floorstanders:lol:

Afterwards, I asked a few specific questions, it was obvious the guy had no idea what he was talking about and couldn't even confirm exactly what Jamo speakers he claimed to have auditioned. It wasn't the C603, nor the C607 ...nor the C803. Yet he was slamming the C60 and C80 Series.

Believe what you will, but my only intentions are to help people (based on my experience with them) when they inquire about Jamo speakers I'm familiar with and other brand speakers I have owned; as well as sharing my happiness with my Jamo speakers. You don't see me slamming speakers I have no experience with or going into other speakers brand threads and pushing Jamo.

I have several of the Jamo C60 and C80 Series speaker models. And I have had the good fortune to be able to match them up with high quality amplification and sources. Rega CD Players, Vincent SA-T1 Preamp, Van Alstine FET Valve 500 amplifier, Butler TDB 2250 amp and just over the last 4 months....McIntosh c220 preamp, mc252 amp and MCD 301 CD/SACD player.

I've had the opportunity to set them up properly, feed them high quality components, place them in rooms that have good room acoustics (with some casual treatments) and live with them for an extended period of time.

I think that gives me a much better grasp of experience than someone who listened to some Jamo speakers for 30-60 minutes, in a dealer's showroom; filled with 6-10 pairs of other speakers, a cheap source and a cheap receiver.

By the same token of you thinking I have a persecution complex, I could just as easily say....... it seems to me some people are awfully threatened by my sharing my experiences and opinions with Jamo speakers.:eek:hyeah:

Ultimately, I'm glad you find this entertaining. Enjoy.

Hi NMy_Tree,

I have compared the concert level speakers with their D series speakers in the early 2000's and I found the D series to be far superior across the spectrum and worth every penny. I have not listened to their new updated models so can't comment on their worth. In fact I found the lower lines from Jamo to be very "low value for money".
I had once done a home demo of the Jamo concert floorstander costing some 60k (forgot the model) against a floorstander by Acoustic portrait ( all vifa drivers -hi-end crossover components and far superior build quality than the Jamo). The Acoustic portrait sounded far superior across the spectrum. There was clearly no comparison. All this for some 15k less.

Music was Jazz, western, Indian classical, mainstrem pop and rock.

I guess each person listens differently and what is important to each individual is different depending on where they come from.

hard luck , the concert series released in india only towards 2006-07 ,so u having heard them in the early 2000s ?? guess, must have been in a different part of mother earth

comparing the 60k something c series to 15k custom made ,and commenting on the build Quality of the c series to be inferior to the A portraits --u got to be joking :lol: --there seems a serious problem not only on the hearing side but also on the visual aspects ,pity

but anyway a good try :lol:

hehe, that's a serious axe to gring that you've got NMyTree. Chill out. Some people don't like the speaker brand that you love. It happens. Opinions are subjective. Sometimes not based on the most scientific and optimal of testing conditions, but they are no less valid or credible on account of that fact. The beauty of the internet is that you get to read all kinds of opinions and then make up your own mind.

No one here is an idiot to see a couple of casual comments against Jamo speakers and make a decision based on that. At the same time no one here is such an idiot as to see one person championing the cause of the speakers he owns to the exclusion of pretty much all else, and that too in an offensive and rude manner, and go on to be convinced about the speakers' merits.

The more you rant and make things personal, the less your PoV is going to be accorded any credibility. If you can debate the merits of a component in a polite and civil manner, like it usually happens on hifivision, then you're most welcome to do it, but your unbridled aggression is disconcerting.

It may not be out of the ordinary on avsforum or elsewhere, but it certainly is on hifivision and I would earnestly request you to keep this in mind. One of the cool things about hifivision is that compared to many other message boards it is largely polite, civil and respectful. We would be grateful if you could contribute your evidently extensive experience with music and with audio, keeping these aspects in mind. Thanks in advance.

Jesus was resurrected to save the world - and this idiot (I) was resurrected on a whim - well, since my resurrection, i have nothing to do but post a link to another forum and a member called TjVM3

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1167882&page=2

hard luck , the concert series released in india only towards 2006-07 ,so u having heard them in the early 2000s ?? guess, must have been in a different part of mother earth

comparing the 60k something c series to 15k custom made ,and commenting on the build Quality of the c series to be inferior to the A portraits --u got to be joking :lol: --there seems a serious problem not only on the hearing side but also on the visual aspects ,pity

but anyway a good try :lol:

I am not sure if it is a concert model. It looks similar hence I thought they are called the same now. But the pricing was around 60k. It was offered to me around 57k. The was the range right under their top of the line D series. You may know the series as you are a fan of Jamo. The showroom was on Cunningham road in Bangalore those days.

I said 15k less than the 60k. That makes it 45k. The AP used to sell for 55k. I got a discount because the designer is a friend. 15k cannot even buy the mid bass drivers used in that speaker.
The total amount that goes into a commercial speaker like Jamo which sells for 60k would be roughly 15k. :D :lol:

I do not know about the concert series but the AP 301's wiped the floor across the spectrum with the jamo speaker I had home auditioned. The jamo speaker sounded just a bit better than the wharfedale diamond 8 floorstander I was upgrading from. Just a teeny weeny bit better.
This was only a basic audiophile grade model from AP. It only gets better from here. The designer stopped making speakers commercially because it is very difficult to sell because of the Indian Tag.

As mentioned earlier I have no clue about the current Jamo models.

As far as visual aspects and hearing is concerned, I do not have any comments. Hiend sound and visual aesthetics means different things for different people.

Last edited:
Jesus was resurrected to save the world - and this idiot (I) was resurrected on a whim - well, since my resurrection, i have nothing to do but post a link to another forum and a member called TjVM3

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1167882&page=2

That's me. TjMv3 was the very first username I used, when I got my first computer in 2001 and came on the internet. A few years later, I thought of NMyTree (after one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs) and decided to go with that for my forum usernames.

If you go to that link and start reading that thread from the beginning (Page 1), it's self explanatory.

As you can see I lost my temper with that guy:lol: He's a dealer of competing brands.

I haven't been rude to you or anyone else, here. Even though some have provoked.

So psychotropic, please show me to a post where I am behaving in a manner which you have decribed me.

You're being a bit premature in your "warning" and characterization of me. And your representation of my posts here at HiFivision, is truely a misrepresentation and inaccurate. Seems to me you're just trying to provoke and instigate trouble.

Oh that's right, you're attempting to do it ....politely:rolleyes:

Realistically speaking, your representation of me in that AVS forum thread, is also inaccurate. If you read the thread from the beginning, you clearly see that the person who started that thread, was asking for a specific information and help about the Jamo C603 bookshelf speakers compared to the SVS SB-01. Veda, the dealer in question was the first to respond with some fairly silly and highly inaccurate comments about Jamo speakers, as a whole. Based on his alleged brief experience with what allegedly was the Jamo S506. But he wasn't too sure. In fact, Tank asked about a bookshelf speaker in the C60 Series, and Veda responded with silly comments about the S506 and a very inacurate generalization about Jamo speakers, soley based on his alleged "experience" with the S506. Which is a floorstander.

I saw someone being dishonest with someone who was asking for help. And spreading misinformation and lies.....that's not helping the original poster. Maybe you guys prefer to just ignore someone who's trying to pass along lies and misinformation. But I prefer to call them out on it and provide more truthful and accurate ionformation.

And my first post I clearly suggested the user audition the speakers, first.

That thread over at AVS speaks for itself. Personal taste and preference is one thing. Complete misinformation, inaccurate information and peddling misconceptions based on lies; is an entirely different situation. I feel confident those with a fair mind can make the distinction.

hehe, that's a serious axe to gring that you've got NMyTree. Chill out. Some people don't like the speaker brand that you love. It happens. Opinions are subjective. Sometimes not based on the most scientific and optimal of testing conditions, but they are no less valid or credible on account of that fact. The beauty of the internet is that you get to read all kinds of opinions and then make up your own mind.

No one here is an idiot to see a couple of casual comments against Jamo speakers and make a decision based on that. At the same time no one here is such an idiot as to see one person championing the cause of the speakers he owns to the exclusion of pretty much all else, and that too in an offensive and rude manner, and go on to be convinced about the speakers' merits.

The more you rant and make things personal, the less your PoV is going to be accorded any credibility. If you can debate the merits of a component in a polite and civil manner, like it usually happens on hifivision, then you're most welcome to do it, but your unbridled aggression is disconcerting.

It may not be out of the ordinary on avsforum or elsewhere, but it certainly is on hifivision and I would earnestly request you to keep this in mind. One of the cool things about hifivision is that compared to many other message boards it is largely polite, civil and respectful. We would be grateful if you could contribute your evidently extensive experience with music and with audio, keeping these aspects in mind. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I am not sure if it is a concert model. It looks similar hence I thought they are called the same now. But the pricing was around 60k. It was offered to me around 57k. The was the range right under their top of the line D series. You may know the series as you are a fan of Jamo. The showroom was on Cunningham road in Bangalore those days.

I said 15k less than the 60k. That makes it 45k. The AP used to sell for 55k. I got a discount because the designer is a friend. 15k cannot even buy the mid bass drivers used in that speaker.
The total amount that goes into a commercial speaker like Jamo which sells for 60k would be roughly 15k. :D :lol:

I do not know about the concert series but the AP 301's wiped the floor across the spectrum with the jamo speaker I had home auditioned. The jamo speaker sounded just a bit better than the wharfedale diamond 8 floorstander I was upgrading from. Just a teeny weeny bit better.
This was only a basic audiophile grade model from AP. It only gets better from here. The designer stopped making speakers commercially because it is very difficult to sell because of the Indian Tag.

As mentioned earlier I have no clue about the current Jamo models.

As far as visual aspects and hearing is concerned, I do not have any comments. Hiend sound and visual aesthetics means different things for different people.

hi square wave --first u make a comment abt the concert series ,the next u end up saying not sure if it was concert series , clearly shows ur posts are vague ,makes no sense , unless being sure avoid commenting

yup definetly am a fan of the C809 spkrs for the time being , (this is the only one i demoed and liked out of thier stuff, the nxt being 909, there was no need to audition thier cheaper stuff) but sad have already eyed the Focus HD from Legacy:licklips:

my nxt level of spkrs wud be in the 5-6L range
man u are still at the level of wharfadales 8/9/10 levels ,which totally suck (these are entry levels, graduation to higher levels recommended )

The A portraits being out of production for what ever reasons tells its own story:lol: ( sorrry friend i have not listened to these spkrs , but the response from my frnd who owns these is not too good and is looking elsewhere)

@ all thread participants -

let us see who can be the most provocative and insulting in the most subtle of ways - let each one of us search/plumb the depths of our learning and decency to come up with hugely subliminal derogatory remarks against the other and entertain the rest of the thread participants- the remarks should throw light on the upbringing and horizon of knowledge of the remarker, and demean the other so much that the reader is goggle-eyed and open-mouthed!

winner gets a bose lifestyle system sponsored by all the thread participants.
the judges can be the supermods.

what say, you retards? (there, i started it:D)

hi square wave --first u make a comment abt the concert series ,the next u end up saying not sure if it was concert series , clearly shows ur posts are vague ,makes no sense , unless being sure avoid commenting

yup definetly am a fan of the C809 spkrs for the time being , (this is the only one i demoed and liked out of thier stuff, the nxt being 909, there was no need to audition thier cheaper stuff) but sad have already eyed the Focus HD from Legacy:licklips:

my nxt level of spkrs wud be in the 5-6L range
man u are still at the level of wharfadales 8/9/10 levels ,which totally suck (these are entry levels, graduation to higher levels recommended )

The A portraits being out of production for what ever reasons tells its own story:lol: ( sorrry friend i have not listened to these spkrs , but the response from my frnd who owns these is not too good and is looking elsewhere)

I upgraded from wharfedeles in 2002 :D You may have noticed this in my first post.

Then have come long way. But of course have not chosen your path for very valid reasons.;)

Let us not drag a designer into this thread. For him this is a hobby. His first project which I followed very closely was to beat a loudspeaker model which cost around 3 lakhs. He succeeded. The 301 which I used from 2003 to 2007 was derived from that model as a budget alternative to branded loudspeakers costing around 1.5 lakh. Like I had mentioned earlier, different people have different perspectives and taste in audio hence some may or may not like them.
What I use now is far better and not available as a commercial model. He still makes speakers for people in a closed community. Most are people who upgrade from branded speakers costing 4 lakhs and upwards. One of his customers have upgraded to a complete AP system from a system that costs upwards of 20 lakh.

Please look up hi-end DIY on the net and you will get some idea. People who are into this across the world are a very niche community and have no interest in commercially available products and venture into this to design better gear than what is available commercially at sane prices.

Bose is the most successful speaker brand. Going by your logic about commercial success, it should be the best speaker around. And Lallu Prasad yadhav would be the best politician.

Bro, I have no agenda against Jamo or any other speaker brand nor do I have anything against you or the speakers that you use now. I am just sharing my experiences which may be very different from yours. You are fellow audiophile on this forum for whom I have the utmost respect.

Thank you.

Last edited:
I upgraded from wharfedeles in 2002 :D You may have noticed this in my first post.

Then have come long way. But of course have not chosen your path for very valid reasons.;)

Let us not drag a designer into this thread. For him this is a hobby. His first project which I followed very closely was to beat a loudspeaker model which cost around 3 lakhs. He succeeded. The 301 which I used from 2003 to 2007 was derived from that model as a budget alternative to branded loudspeakers costing around 1.5 lakh. Like I had mentioned earlier, different people have different perspectives and taste in audio hence some may or may not like them.
What I use now is far better and not available as a commercial model. He still makes speakers for people in a closed community. Most are people who upgrade from branded speakers costing 4 lakhs and upwards. One of his customers have upgraded to a complete AP system from a system that costs upwards of 20 lakh.

Please look up hi-end DIY on the net and you will get some idea. People who are into this across the world are a very niche community and have no interest in commercially available products and venture into this to design better gear than what is available commercially at sane prices.

Bose is the most successful speaker brand. Going by your logic about commercial success, it should be the best speaker around. And Lallu Prasad yadhav would be the best politician.

Bro, I have no agenda against Jamo or any other speaker brand nor do I have anything against you or the speakers that you use now. I am just sharing my experiences which may be very different from yours. You are fellow audiophile on this forum for whom I have the utmost respect.

Thank you.

:confused::confused::confused:

how did u end up getting Bose / Lallu prasad yadav / designer of A portraits into your post

as suggested earlier ,makes no sense

:confused::confused::confused:

how did you end up getting / designer of A portraits into your post

as suggested earlier ,makes no sense

Ah well, subhash,

even if i should not interfere in your personal angst against square_wave, i must needs say this, -

i have known the designer of the said loudspeakers (acoustic portrait) since many years - he has supported the DIY community in (south) india, almost single-handedly, with very good kits - and i do not think that DIY should be dismissed as not comparable to commercial offerings - some of these DIY will easily best very expensive commercial offerings -

and i think ( like psychotropic has mentioned) vitriolic directed against particular members is not going to help other thread participants understand your point of view - far better to convert the dissent to participation with gentle reasoning and love, don't you think?

at the end of the day - anger, jealousy, hatred are all wasted emotions - destroying both the giver and the receiver.

The quality of mercy is not strain'd - it falleth as a gentle rain.......:)

Ah well, subhash,

even if i should not interfere in your personal angst against square_wave, i must needs say this, -

i have known the designer of the said loudspeakers (acoustic portrait) since many years - he has supported the DIY community in (south) india, almost single-handedly, with very good kits - and i do not think that DIY should be dismissed as not comparable to commercial offerings - some of these DIY will easily best very expensive commercial offerings -

and i think ( like psychotropic has mentioned) vitriolic directed against particular members is not going to help other thread participants understand your point of view - far better to convert the dissent to participation with gentle reasoning and love, don't you think?

at the end of the day - anger, jealousy, hatred are all wasted emotions - destroying both the giver and the receiver.

thanks again and very well said suri

my only point was, not to post just for the sake of posting without being sure of what u post

i dont stick on to a brand for long , @ the moment its the Jamo c809s which has stood by me although its abused to its limits ,would be having the drivers in my hands :) if it wud have been any other brand

i have nothing against DIY am also a part of it , so suri lets chill it out:lol:

With all due respect, psychotropic should practice what he preaches. He's gone to great lengths to misrepresent my posting activity/habits, here.

When it's perfectly clear I have valid points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back