jamo C605/ C607

Status
Not open for further replies.
NMytree and Maladjusted - I think it is this overt defensiveness .......

If you truely look at the situation and chronological sequence of the way conversations have gone, both here and at AVS; it 's clear there is no defensiveness. Simply myself and others responding with counter-arguments based in actual, extensive and thorough hands-on experience.

Rather than irresponsible and shallow statements based on either nothing or barely a licks worth of experience.

NMytree and Maladjusted - I think it is this overt defensiveness about the Jamo speakers that sets off others who have heard better speakers for the money.

I think you might have read my earlier posts to know that I do love the Concert series speakers and consider the C405 to be a particularly good bargain at the Rs. 40,000 price range. But I have known people trashing this speaker as well. That is up to them. After all I have heard people describing Polk and Paradigm speakers as musical when I cannot put myself in the same room as these speakers. Again, no offense meant to owners of these speakers, but that is just my preference.

As long as it remains personal and just a opinion, I dont see why anybody should have a problem with it.

Instead of tackling the subjectivity in an opinion, I think we must just confine ourselves to whatever little objectivity is left in it. For example measurements, concrete comparisons etc. That would make for interesting discussion whereas what is happening in this thread may not be that very productive.

Just my 2 rupees.

In closing I would only ask you guys to think about the price at which the C600 and C800 speakers are sold at and see if you find those to be the absolutely best value for money speakers at that range. Now this question may not be all that subjective - considering there is actual money involved. At the same time 'value for money' is completely dependent on perception. So that part is subjective. Oh well, I am sure you get what I mean....:)

Peace - to the angels as well as the dark ones ;)
This is arrogance on your part.I not only like jamo as an audio company,and if i came across a bad set or pair i would be the 1st to say it.Over my years experimenting with all sorts of kit i must have had tens of different systems through upgrading and such. and all i wanted to do was to see what people thought of a certain model of speaker,not to be pertained as a jamo freak.You should also write so EVERYBODY can understand the reviews and not insult people who you might think would'nt know much!It always seems the same on these type of forums:ONE or TWO Who know the absolute be-all and end-all of the subject in question and when somebody comes looking for genuine information they have to listen to the OWNERS of these forums and if they disagree and have valid info & points it irks the forum hoggers!!:rolleyes:

It always seems the same on these type of forums:ONE or TWO Who know the absolute be-all and end-all of the subject in question and when somebody comes looking for genuine information they have to listen to the OWNERS of these forums and if they disagree and have valid info & points it irks the forum hoggers!!:rolleyes:

hehehehe! - so true!!!:p

If you truely look at the situation and chronological sequence of the way conversations have gone, both here and at AVS; it 's clear there is no defensiveness. Simply myself and others responding with counter-arguments based in actual, extensive and thorough hands-on experience.

Rather than irresponsible and shallow statements based on either nothing or barely a licks worth of experience.
NMYTREE unfortunatley no matter what one is looking for on a forum,there will always be someone waiting on agro to brew then spit out their twopence worth.Sometimes genuinely trying to help someone decide seems to get to some people for some reason.I see from this forum & others that you only explain your findings(even fondly so).so i applaud your time in trying to help people who might be at a deadend when it comes time to buy, john.

yeah, Jamos will not hurt you knuckles!!:D

listen to what jamo has to say about their knuckle-sparing speakers-

"C 809
Floorstanding Speaker
Soundwise, the entire C 80 family is characterized by its genuinely authentic acoustics. The Concert series always conveys highly detailed and beautifully resonant sound across the entire frequency spectrum. The C 809 adds to these impressive performance credentials an arresting appearance, either in dramatic black ash or in dark apple."

those knuckle sparing cabinets are responsible for that particular Jamo "sound", and is so loved by some people that they have multiple Jamo systems in one house.

of course, this begs this question - is a loudspeaker system meant to recreate the original audio event (given all infirmities inherent in such an exercise) or colour the event and produce a bastard sound?

well, all in my (dark) HO;)

edit - think carefully, maladjusted, before you deliver your riposte - the matter is more complicated than oneupmanship

and, i suppose, if this thread goes on any longer, all jamo owners will question their personal decision in plighting their troth with these "knuckle-sparing" loudspeakers;)

come on suri , i dont think such posts lead to anywhere it only leads to more crap

since u got the C809 into the pic , i have these and they absolutely deliver according to my needs, have not heard the other models being discussed here so cannot comment

if such posts continue from the likes of Suri ,am sure as NMtree has rightly sugested, the Knuckle test be performed on Suri's head first, and chk out what is it that the jamos have done to his head for bieng so against them, at least then cud i consider thinking why the jamos bother him so much

Last edited:
:lol::lol:

I think you're taking that Jamo quote a wee-bit out of context, lol.

Jamo uses the word in a manner that means .......

" evocative: serving to bring to mind " ......." Having a lasting presence or effect; enduring " ......." Strongly reminiscent; evocative "

" plangency: having the character of a loud deep sound "

I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but, every speaker/speaker cabinet on the market has resonance and every manufactor/speaker does......as you so generously phrased it........bastards the sound:lol:

Not only in the cabinet, but also in the crossover design and settings.

The concept that there are speakers that don't, is laughable. And naive.

All speaker manufacturers "voice " their speakers a certain, specific way. Even the one's that proclaim the "Ultimate in Transparency and Neutrality".

Jamo speakers are no different. Difference is, Jamo's speakers are highly musical and deliver sweet, engaging melody ......like very few on the market do.

Go rap your knuckles against some more cabinets, then, rap those very same knuckles....against your head;)

Then let me know when was the last time, that you yourself rapped your knuckles against a Jamo C60 or C80 Series speaker.

I'll sit back and enjoy the beautiful music.

i have noted the points you have made - and i agree.

apart from all that -

this excerpt from the Rockport Technologies site-

"Because our composite cabinets are so stiff, massive , and non-resonant, they essentially function as an inertial reference
the result is a cabinet so inert it has no discernible contribution to the sound at any frequency and at any volume, and allows the drive elements to display the greatest possible dynamic characteristics"

it stands to reason that the way a particular line/make of loudspeakers is "voiced" is not the result of any particular intent of the designer - more to do with cost constraints.

The anat reference, the wilson alexandrias, the rockport altair - these are all spoken of as the best - what do they share in common? - their designers have paid inordinate attention to the construction of their respective inert cabinets.

hearsay, of course, but there is reason for belief that massive inert cabinets pave the way for a better (uncolored) sound.

edit - oops! - i do not think i have ever knuckle-rapped a Jamo loudspeaker ! - i rapped my head - sounded like an empty coconut! - but then i should not be worried because i lean on the broad shoulders of the dark prince.

Last edited:
SUBHASH:what an awesome set-up as ive said in the other thread you must be very proud of it.You would have to chisel the smile of my face every morning if i had that set-up:D:D,by the way how long did it take you to put it together?

come on suri , i dont think such posts lead to anywhere it only leads to more crap

since u got the C809 into the pic , i have these and they absolutely deliver according to my needs, have not heard the other models being discussed here so cannot comment

if such posts continue from the likes of Suri ,am sure as NMtree has rightly sugested, the Knuckle test be performed on Suri's head first, and chk out what is it that the jamos have done to his head for bieng so against them, at least then cud i consider thinking why the jamos bother him so much

hi subhash,

SORRY!-

and yes, i agree that this thread is leading nowhere!

i think my bias against Jamos has it's roots in a day-long audition at cinebells (millers road, bangalore) - this about 3 years ago.

my brother owns the c805 - i do not like the sound! - he does.

and no, Jamos do not not bother me - i just wondered why anyone person (forgive me nmytree) would have four jamo systems in one house.

subhash - it is like this - my colleagues and i had a discussion a few days ago about which was the best zeiss microscope to use - zeiss has 14 models at different price points in our field on interest - every single one of us thought that the model each one had was the best! -

similarly, here, it is easy to get jingoistic about personal possessions - which could be excellent products! -

but i am left to wonder - if i owned a zeiss and used it, and needed a second system - would i not try a leica?:)

:lol:Would that be like dancing with a kilt on with the shirtsleeves rolled up and screaming YEAH! while twostepping for hours?:eek:hyeah:

hehehe! - idiots!:lol:

i am going to back off, before i am chucked out! - see you later, alligator!:)

hehehe! - idiots!:lol:

i am going to back off, before i am chucked out! - see you later, alligator!:)
I dont think he even knew what strathspey was or meant,and i was agreeing with him that what he said was funny,then he called ME an idiot??(and others by the way)Well i think were not going to get any more info on jamo c607/605s on this thread.Just insulted for enquiring!:mad:

I dont think he even knew what strathspey was or meant,and i was agreeing with him that what he said was funny,then he called ME an idiot??(and others by the way)Well i think were not going to get any more info on jamo c607/605s on this thread.Just insulted for enquiring!:mad:

oops! maladjusted - i quite liked you!

the two-stepping Scotsmen with nothing worn under their kilts - i called them idiots!

oops! maladjusted - i quite liked you!

the two-stepping Scotsmen with nothing worn under their kilts - i called them idiots!
SURI please accept apologies and to everyone else who i said it to.You seem to be a man of many facets a lot of them funny.MY MISTAKE
JOHN:eek:

hi subhash,

.....and no, Jamos do not not bother me - i just wondered why anyone person (forgive me nmytree) would have four jamo systems in one house.

What other reason could there be? I love their sound.

We're a very music orientated family. We all love music and play instruments.

What other reason could there be? I love their sound.

We're a very music orientated family. We all love music and play instruments.
I suppose if anyone was going to put speakers in a lot of rooms it would seem logical-jim to buy the brand from the ones that made us happy in the first place.esp if the family is musical,HEY nmytree,you could tell your family nemesis they cost maybe 3000 a pair instead of 2000.:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

NMyTree - so help answer the question then. Do you believe the C600 and C800 speakers offer the most bang for the buck at their price range? Because, that more than anything else determines polarization of opinion.

This is arrogance on your part.I not only like jamo as an audio company,and if i came across a bad set or pair i would be the 1st to say it.Over my years experimenting with all sorts of kit i must have had tens of different systems through upgrading and such. and all i wanted to do was to see what people thought of a certain model of speaker,not to be pertained as a jamo freak.You should also write so EVERYBODY can understand the reviews and not insult people who you might think would'nt know much!It always seems the same on these type of forums:ONE or TWO Who know the absolute be-all and end-all of the subject in question and when somebody comes looking for genuine information they have to listen to the OWNERS of these forums and if they disagree and have valid info & points it irks the forum hoggers!!:rolleyes:

Arrogance? Forum owners? Hoggers? Where are you? In sci-fi land? :)

Maladjusted - please do not get defensive. I have nothing to lose or gain. And nor have I ever said I know a lot about these systems. I was just attempting to provide a perspective. I see that that has no use here.

So, could you walk me through the various setups that you have had? Also what speakers do you think there are in this world which compete with the Concert 600 and 800 series of speakers in terms of bang for the buck and musicality?

This is a very open forum. Much more so than any other one I have been in. Please dont try and sling mud on the approach of the forum and its members. If you ask a question in the right manner, I can assure you there would be any number of helpful answers. If a subjective opinion on any one brand is thrust forward, then you will have to expect all sorts of responses.

hi subhash,

SORRY!-

and yes, i agree that this thread is leading nowhere!

i think my bias against Jamos has it's roots in a day-long audition at cinebells (millers road, bangalore) - this about 3 years ago.

my brother owns the c805 - i do not like the sound! - he does.

and no, Jamos do not not bother me - i just wondered why anyone person (forgive me nmytree) would have four jamo systems in one house.

subhash - it is like this - my colleagues and i had a discussion a few days ago about which was the best zeiss microscope to use - zeiss has 14 models at different price points in our field on interest - every single one of us thought that the model each one had was the best! -

similarly, here, it is easy to get jingoistic about personal possessions - which could be excellent products! -

but i am left to wonder - if i owned a zeiss and used it, and needed a second system - would i not try a leica?:)

hi suri , agreed, the guys @ cinebells do not have the proper power amps to drive these spkrs ,when i went to cinebells , the 809 was driven by a marantz entry level integrated which really dint impress , was abt to leave the stores when thier manager ,alex told me he wud hook it up to a sherwood pre power combo for me to reconsider. the more powerful pre power combo got the 809s to sound totally different from what i heard outside with the marantz integrated

Power is a major necessity for the 809s as thier sensitivity is quiet low

after i have these at home i feed them with good quality power thro a pre power combo and the 809s simply delivers in stereo as well as HT modes

but i had a tough time selecting a powerful amp to drive these , tried abt 6-7 amps before i cud settle the 809s to perform

regarding the differnt models each model has a limitation on performance depending on price factor, the higher u go the better u get

NMtree owns several of these models coz he simply likes them ,we are in no position to question, so let it be

very well agreed u dint like the jamos , it all finally comes down to individual preferences and tastes ----so i suppose it shud be left @ that and no point posting unwanted stuff which cud lead to crappy unending postings :)

NMyTree - so help answer the question then. Do you believe the C600 and C800 speakers offer the most bang for the buck at their price range? Because, that more than anything else determines polarization of opinion.

Arrogance? Forum owners? Hoggers? Where are you? In sci-fi land? :)

Maladjusted - please do not get defensive. I have nothing to lose or gain. And nor have I ever said I know a lot about these systems. I was just attempting to provide a perspective. I see that that has no use here.

So, could you walk me through the various setups that you have had? Also what speakers do you think there are in this world which compete with the Concert 600 and 800 series of speakers in terms of bang for the buck and musicality?

This is a very open forum. Much more so than any other one I have been in. Please dont try and sling mud on the approach of the forum and its members. If you ask a question in the right manner, I can assure you there would be any number of helpful answers. If a subjective opinion on any one brand is thrust forward, then you will have to expect all sorts of responses.
WALK YOU through all the set ups ive had over the last 20+ years.Why should i?1 minute your mr.know it all next minute your mr. nice. if you had nothing to gain you would not have spent all that time saying i was slinging mud when all i said was your assumption was arrogant.1. concert 800 simular set ups:monitor audios rx6 5.1 pack-morduant short mezzo pack-tannoy revolution 6 & ts12 sub etc. 2.concert 600 simular set ups:B+W Theatre 685-tannoy mercury f4 custom-axiom epic master-teufel theatre 200-mission m3i 5.1 etc,etc. Youre asking for which systems are best bang for buck??I wouldnt say there is any 1 0r even 2 which stick out incl jamos! but bear in mind this is a JAMO C605/607 THREAD.By the way what gives you the right to ASSUME what the approach of the forum should be?ITS A PUBLIC FORUM! And this situation is a case of 1 person being NMYTREE just trying to help and then getting scritinised by you!HMPH! AND then me just being new to the forum seemly is enough TO RUFFLE YOUR FEATHERS. I ABSOLUTELY HATE BULLYS so my advice to you is give helpful advise and do not harass NEW or present members.:indifferent14:

Status
Not open for further replies.
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back