(Jamo s606) or (Jamo 406 + sub)

Guys. I need help.

I have just bought a set of 2 Jamo S606 + 1 Jamo 250 SW + 1 Harman Kardon AVR 247.

I got all of this, including the wires and stuff for abt Rs. 90,000.

I have a feeling I paid extra, just need to know what is the market price for these speakers today.

Plus, also have a SOny 3 CD changer (3,300 w, 4-speakers) and 1 Sony 21" Flat TV for sale.

Anybody if interested, pls contact me @ [email protected] or call me @ 0-98111-15088.

-Harpreet

s606 - 25
sub 250 - 18
wires - guessing 5 max
avr247 - 35
-----
-----

Yeah you kind of overpaid I feel.

a> the s606's inbuilt subs are just as good as separate subs and lose their clarity when connected to an entry level sub. ( could have not taken a sub at all and gotten the s718 for better clarity and bass for the same price as s606 but not as good looking <individual taste> )

b> If you just stuck with the tower pair you could have gotten yourself a nice integrated stereo amp which would have easily driven a pair of 606's for under 25k

So for 50k you could have gotten what you were looking for unless you got the s606 ht pack of tower+cen+rear then the price is justified but the s718 is still a better performer than s606's by light years ( both are same price here in gurgaon )

Last edited:
Re:s718 better than s606 by light years?

s606 - 25
sub 250 - 18
wires - guessing 5 max
avr247 - 35
-----
-----

Yeah you kind of overpaid I feel.

a> the s606's inbuilt subs are just as good as separate subs and lose their clarity when connected to an entry level sub. ( could have not taken a sub at all and gotten the s718 for better clarity and bass for the same price as s606 but not as good looking <individual taste> )

b> If you just stuck with the tower pair you could have gotten yourself a nice integrated stereo amp which would have easily driven a pair of 606's for under 25k

So for 50k you could have gotten what you were looking for unless you got the s606 ht pack of tower+cen+rear then the price is justified but the s718 is still a better performer than s606's by light years ( both are same price here in gurgaon )
Sorry but ive had both s606 & s718.To say the s718 is a better performer by light years is misleading.Yes the 718s go louder but i would def say the s606 have them on simple musicality and quality mids & highs.And also the s606 built in (passive)woofers dont come near a decent entry level sub ie:wharfedale sw150 or jamo sub200 for that matter.The s606 perform very well with any decent sub.I had them with a jamo sub300,then i tried the718s with the sub & i think the s606 outperforms the 718s with or without a sub.I Think the s718 is better suited to HT in my opinion.;)

Guys. I need help.

I have just bought a set of 2 Jamo S606 + 1 Jamo 250 SW + 1 Harman Kardon AVR 247.

I got all of this, including the wires and stuff for abt Rs. 90,000.

I have a feeling I paid extra, just need to know what is the market price for these speakers today.

Plus, also have a SOny 3 CD changer (3,300 w, 4-speakers) and 1 Sony 21" Flat TV for sale.

Anybody if interested, pls contact me @ [email protected] or call me @ 0-98111-15088.

-Harpreet
Your system looks fine to me.IF you can lower the crossover to about 50hz on your H.K. for your 606s and let your sub handle the lows.Or you could go to 80hz c/o and enjoy music & movies.The jamo s606 are v good quality speakers,esp at the prices they are going for now!You should try get the s60 surrounds & center and then it will be the dogs bxxxxx!:licklips:

Re: s718 better than s606 by light years?

Sorry but ive had both s606 & s718.To say the s718 is a better performer by light years is misleading.Yes the 718s go louder but i would def say the s606 have them on simple musicality and quality mids & highs.And also the s606 built in (passive)woofers dont come near a decent entry level sub ie:wharfedale sw150 or jamo sub200 for that matter.The s606 perform very well with any decent sub.I had them with a jamo sub300,then i tried the718s with the sub & i think the s606 outperforms the 718s with or without a sub.I Think the s718 is better suited to HT in my opinion.;)

Dont wanna sound like a basher but when I was auditioning the 606 and 608's mids and highs both seemed very VERY subdued, almost like it was coming from far far away. This may fall into a subjective matter but I found the 606's sound to be "ambient" sound in comparison to the 718's "on stage uprfont" sound. So cant really say better of worse - both are exact same price - whoever likes the type will go for that type. There was another thread on this forum which also supports higher clarity with the 718's compared to 606's. But then again sound... all subjective. no hating :D

( I'm glad someone supports the 606's here, ive only heard hate against it but I agree with you, both 606 and 718's are superb speakers for the price range )

Last edited:
Re: s718 better than s606 by light years?

Dont wanna sound like a basher but when I was auditioning the 606 and 608's mids and highs both seemed very VERY subdued, almost like it was coming from far far away. This may fall into a subjective matter but I found the 606's sound to be "ambient" sound in comparison to the 718's "on stage uprfont" sound. So cant really say better of worse - both are exact same price - whoever likes the type will go for that type. There was another thread on this forum which also supports higher clarity with the 718's compared to 606's. But then again sound... all subjective. no hating :D

( I'm glad someone supports the 606's here, ive only heard hate against it but I agree with you, both 606 and 718's are superb speakers for the price range )
IT seems like different horses for different courses.But im glad you said they are both superb for their price range.However the 608s would be about 200-300e more this side of europe.I havent heard the 608s but i would imagine they are pretty good if one has the room.:eek:hyeah:

I cant really make this one out,because i had a JBL ES800 PACK and the were very forward,bright but loud speakers.I didnt like them.Then i got the s606 hcs-8 (incl sub300)and all of my brightness woes went away.But no way would i have said they lacked clarity mid or high wise,and they sounded punchy and dynamic,but not far away.the 718s didnt sound far away either,i dont think the build quality was in the 718s like the drivers and cabinate.Know what i mean....actually the 606s are spurring me to get a c60 5.1 pack & sub650.I'll have them in a couple of days:eek:hyeah:

Yes thats is something very nice about jamo's in comparison to overly bright speakers like yamaha or klipsch. Jamo stays warm even in their highs. the 606's were definitely warmer than the 718's. I think thats the correct way to put it instead of clarity. Your ears were probably crying for warm sound after hearing bright regularly and thats why it set in perfectly and enjoying it so much.

I was planning on getting the s606 hcs3 pack too but they're expensive here compared to european prices and I wouldnt have been able to afford an amp and also wanted something more than than the studio line and what luck - managed to find a pair of new e700's and e7cen in black and metal on 50% discount to match perfectly with the 718's.

I hope you enjoy your 5.1 setup as much as I am my 5.0 :D

Yes thats is something very nice about jamo's in comparison to overly bright speakers like yamaha or klipsch. Jamo stays warm even in their highs. the 606's were definitely warmer than the 718's. I think thats the correct way to put it instead of clarity. Your ears were probably crying for warm sound after hearing bright regularly and thats why it set in perfectly and enjoying it so much.

I was planning on getting the s606 hcs3 pack too but they're expensive here compared to european prices and I wouldnt have been able to afford an amp and also wanted something more than than the studio line and what luck - managed to find a pair of new e700's and e7cen in black and metal on 50% discount to match perfectly with the 718's.

I hope you enjoy your 5.1 setup as much as I am my 5.0 :D
Hi corElement,i know what you mean about european costs maybe being cheaper.You should look at american$ prices.Most jamo & other speakers are actually about 1/3 cheaper over there. Example:jamo c605hcs3 & sub650 costs about 2000euros RRP.You could buy them in the states for approx $1500,which=1100euros!!!Its the old story:Loyal customers dont qualifi-New customers=$$$$$.:sad:

Hi all,

I just bought Jamo s506 + s50 CEN+s502+sub200 and Sherwood AVR RD 6513
+Samsung 37" LCD tv and Nintenedo Wii.
Total costing 67K( TV and Wii not included). Bought it @ Cinerama,Bangalore.
They sounded decent to me.They sound decent to me even now at home. I heard the concert series and S506 and I coundn't find any major difference. So went ahead with the S506 package. S606 was too harsh to my ears and they were tight. S506 was smooth and warmer. I like to listen to lot of intrumentals like Jazz, Violin and some vocals.
My listening goes like this-70% music and 30% Movies.
Now, I'm reading all the posts like Jamo is a mass market speaker and doesn't sound good and Sherwood sounds like crap.
1.Now I want to know if my decision of going with Jamo is bad?
2.Any tips on getting more punch out of the speakers?

Thanks and regards,
Vishwas

Hi all,

They sounded decent to me.They sound decent to me even now at home. I heard the concert series and S506 and I coundn't find any major difference. So went ahead with the S506 package. S606 was too harsh to my ears and they were tight. S506 was smooth and warmer. I like to listen to lot of intrumentals like Jazz, Violin and some vocals.
Now, I'm reading all the posts like Jamo is a mass market speaker and doesn't sound good and Sherwood sounds like crap.

Thanks and regards,
Vishwas
1.yes but jamo is'nt the only mass market speaker nowadays.They all(klipsch,b&w,jbl,wharfedale,paradigm etc,etc) seem to produce at home then assemble in china.so the answer to your 1st question is jamo is on this bandwagon also but that does'nt make them bad,quite the opposite actually IMO.2.You could go into your amp settings and tweak low freqs,sub trim etc.And when it sounds good to you BINGO!:yahoo:

Hi all,

Thanks and regards,
Vishwas

Yo, welcome to my world. This is the same reaction I got from some people here but dont sweat it. If you ever have the chance, search for the jamo studio line and find the european websites through google translation. Youll see europe is hooked to jamo, the way the us is hooked to klipsch. Each forum has a certain favour towards a flavour. This place ive noticed has it for wharfdale. Personally - I didnt like them :D. So theres your answer if they're bad or not. You bought jamo against all the others because you liked the sound and it fit in your budget. Thats all that matters, screw the rest, enjoy your hard earned money for one of the worlds most famous speaker makers. The only thing id probably have against would be the sherwood.

Getting more punch is a very large subject, its best you search and learn yourself. I get a huge punch from my s718's but they also retain their quality.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Thanks and regards,
Vishwas

Do you like your speakers?

More punch? You mean bass punch? Try a better subwoofer if it's the bass frequencies you're talking about.

Do you like the way your Sherwood sounds?

There's a few people on this site who seem to have interesting opinions on Jamo speakers, based on little to no hands-on experience.

Listen for yourself and decide what you like. If you like your Jamo speakers and Sherwood gear, who gives a crap what these people think.

If you don't like your overall sounbd, then yeah, you made a mistake, in buying your gear.

Last edited:
Yo, welcome to my world. This is the same reaction I got from some people here but dont sweat it. If you ever have the chance, search for the jamo studio line and find the european websites through google translation. Youll see europe is hooked to jamo, the way the us is hooked to klipsch. Each forum has a certain favour towards a flavour. This place ive noticed has it for wharfdale. Personally - I didnt like them :D. So theres your answer if they're bad or not. You bought jamo against all the others because you liked the sound and it fit in your budget. Thats all that matters, screw the rest, enjoy your hard earned money for one of the worlds most famous speaker makers. The only thing id probably have against would be the sherwood.

Getting more punch is a very large subject, its best you search and learn yourself. I get a huge punch from my s718's but they also retain their quality.
THIS IS SOLID ADVICE,but as NMYTREE said:If you cannot get it to sound good to your ears:sad:well....I have been in the same boat myself,and sometimes it takes time (&money)to get things sounding the way you want it to sound!Not an easy task,by any stretch....but you are probably there already....if it sounds good to you WHO CARES!:yahoo:

Anyone who gets into this hobby.....or this passion of music, will go through a learning process.

And the learning process is not just learning the different brands/components and how they sound. But also learning about yourself. Learning what kind of sound you like, what kind of sound you could be happy living with and learning have to identify the gear that suits your preferences and tastes.

We all have gone through it. You start out with one system and then you start learning. Takes time.

Audtioning a lot of gear is always the best approach. That gives you a taste of all the different voicings of sound ...of all the gear out there.

If you listen to a lot of music like I do (I work from home and listen to music almost all day), you may come to realize speakers and gear that are big in the Ultimate.....ultra hard-punching dynamics and bass or heavly tilted high frequencies ......Speakers and gear that are performing that acoustic gynmnastics; may not be the best and most pleasurable speakers and gear to listen to....for long, extensive music listening. Such as I came to realize.

For my ears and tastes, speakers and gear like that will become highly fatiquing and irritating, when listening to music for a long time.

So I prefer speakers with a little warmth, a slight laid back presentation and loaded with musicality.

Others will prefer diffierent sounding speakers.

It's all a learning process. Just be true to what YOU as an individual likes and wants. Use these forums as a guide, not a decision maker.

Anyone who gets into this hobby.....or this passion of music, will go through a learning process.

Audtioning a lot of gear is always the best approach. That gives you a taste of all the different voicings of sound ...of all the gear out there.

So I prefer speakers with a little warmth, a slight laid back presentation and loaded with musicality

It's all a learning process. Just be true to what YOU as an individual likes and wants. Use these forums as a guide, not a decision maker.
Just some lines from above post NMYTREE,youre absolutely right.No matter what ones humour wether speakers get your toes tapping or there is an emotional attachment to the music or sound they're putting out.If anyone can get all this from a speaker wether its jamo-w.dale-mission-dali-m.audios or m.shorts,etc.one wont do much better IMO!

I found jamo the warmer one of the lot, just fell in love with their sound after hearing klipsch para qacou and polk - wharfdale I hear vary per speaker but I knew my brain liked jamo's sound the best.

I found jamo the warmer one of the lot, just fell in love with their sound after hearing klipsch para qacou and polk - wharfdale I hear vary per speaker but I knew my brain liked jamo's sound the best.
YEA,i had the s606hcs & sub300,then i had no hesitation in choosing jamo again when i upgraded.They're a lovely warm,musical and powerful speaker when called for!!;)

Hi,

I am new to this forum, n been glad joining here as such for sure i think there r lot of pro buddies who can throw info thoughts n i am hooping i wil get the best advice r thought share on the current deal i came across.

The deal is apackage of these items:
1)Jamo s406 series 1pair + jamo center speak +2 jamo small units
2) jamo 200w sub woff
3)Harman/Kardon AVR 133

Grand total 47,000Rs

Please suggest is it a good bargain to head with it...alternatively is there any other cool options in the same budget?

i hav also come across some complain about Jamo s406 series as such it cant be played not more than 6 hours continusly..
look forward towards your thought share guys..:)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back