(Jamo s606) or (Jamo 406 + sub)

@Raj1: Where r u getting this deal for 47 K?

I m looking for similar gear as urs & my budget is 50K.

Thanks

I have pair of Jamo s506 and Warfedale 9.6. If I compare both these speakers I like the jamo s506. It sounds better compared to 9.6. And also it needs less power to give you a good out put. It has two good bass/mid drivers which will give you a good bass with an avarage powered amp.

I suggest jamo s506 instead of 606 for music and movies(and no to s406).

Last edited:
hi
i did extensively audition the jamo series some tym ago

the 406 and 606 are china made and availalable for a price of 40k and 60k for 5.1 sys with subs

though i was auditioning the jamo series 8 and 590
the higher priced models of jamo are musical masterpieces and priced at sothby's rates (all i mean is highly priced)
i have finalsized the pair of 590s for bout 90k
waiting for my emotivas 2 arrive

all i can say is for 60k 606 is a gud 5.1 buy in small rooms

all auditions at cinebels gurgaon

First things first. What is the intended usage? Music or Movies? If Movies, Are you planning to setup a HT with 5.1 or are you just looking at a 2.1?What is your budget?

When it comes to speakers its a matter of perception. So my perception is the s606 is more musical than the s406 and they are much better speakers too. The side mounted sub-woofer on the s606 is just passable for a SW. If you are thinking of picking up the s606 just because they have a built-in SW think about it, If you like good bass then anyday a dedicated SW will do a better job.

So when you look at mainstream speaker job (highs and mids) the s606 is way better than the s406 in both movies and music.

When you look at SW duty anyday a dedicated SW will be better than a integrated SW.

Hope this helps!
Cheers,
Raj.

Hey Raj please give me the details as well as i am also interested in buying the speakers s606, please let nme know the contact details of the person who is selling these..

hi everyone i loved the JAMO s 406 ht speaker package now m confused what av reciever sud i go for.. my budget is very less so m actually jumpin the gun cuz i wanted to buy the sony muteki but JAMO S 406 was love at 1st listen for me.. plz suggest an entry level 5.1 av reciever.. :) thx!!

hi guys,

i have bought these Jamo S 606 HCS 3.

Want to know the review, i will let you guys know..

To be frank, they are giving jarring sound when i increase the volume.

Technicians say that its common.. and you will get that jarring sound in any brand.

Please help me out here..

Will any brand speakers and woofer give jarring sound when on max Volume...

THe amp i bought is denon and the output of amp is 75 W and the speakers output is 130 W. so even with output of 75 W, the jamo speakers are giving me the jarring sound..

Please help me out and give me suggestions..

thanks....

I would strongly suggest all of you to reconsider about the low end jamos.
The low end models have very poor quality drivers, you're much better off getting a medium range bookshelf or low end dali for 8-10k more.

Take a look at these photos, don't take my word for it. I'm a huge Jamo fan (Probably the biggest you'll ever come across in India, which is why I don't like what they're doing to their budget models)

This is the the tweeter in the s606
salamqpr.jpg

tiz1qpr.jpg

tiz2qpr.jpg

Now compare with this from a c603 bookshelf speaker

74884%20DSCN7957%20(4).JPG

the 406/408 506/606/608 have very cheap drivers.

The tweeter which is responsible for high frequencies are as cheap as a local car tweeter when you compare it to a bookshelf from a non-budget range which is just 6-10k more from some other brand.

Last edited:
Wow, I didnt realize this thread was still alive. Its been 4 years since I made the first post in this thread! :D

Anyway, I would like to agree with corElement here, when the OP started this thread in 2008, there were hardly many options around and the low end Jamos were one of the better options. Now over the years, there are much better options in the market which are a lot easier on the pocket while providing a very very satisfying experience.

That being said, if you have the money to spend on the much higher end speakers then the Jamos are huge contenders, and pretty underrated.

B Rgds,
Raj.

@All, As I have been saying, start with 'C' series and above if you are looking for jamos.

Jamo India also has a bad habit of selling out of production phased out boxes for mrp while others give a 40-50% discount.

Iam a jamo fanboy too but facts are facts. And 'S' series is SHIT.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back