Jamo speakers sale in Delhi-Decibels india

rpanand25

Decibels india is having sale on Jamo speakers in their main outlet in Lajpat nagar from this Sunday. I had auditioned 516, 506 and 606 which are available in pairs. The rest are beyond my budget. There are 5.0 combo available both in towers, centre and surrounds which the dealer refuse to unbundle for towers alone. 5.1 combos are available in small satellites/sub combo.

516 12700
506 around 23000
606 27700

These are either demo/display pieces but in excellent condition. Some are brand new with 15% off on MRP.

They had only Sherwood AX 5505 integrated amp(100wpc) for demo played thru CD player. I found 216 scored over 506 on clarity,separation and overall coherence although 506 could go louder. The problem was he had no other amp and only hotel california live was played on all speakers.

My point is whether these speakers are worth the price?
If so which amp would do justice provided that clear treble, distinct mids and tight bass are required? I know it would depend on personal taste but for a sound leaning towards warm, suggestions would be welcome. One of the FM in Delhi had put up NAD amp on sale (40wpc at 8 ohms). How would Jamo match? I think 506 and 606 would be too much for this NAD as Jamos are nominally rated at 6 ohms.this is urgent as few pieces are left which may go off by 14th.

dont worry about the pieces they aint going nowhere. i have auditioned Jamo in their LN showroom and in-spite of taking close to 3 month none of the pieces got sold.

8 ohms rated amp can play 6 ohms as well so i guess if you can arrange an amp and take it over for audition will be much better.

if i remember last they had sherwood CD player and denon amp. denon was one hell of an amp for the price. i almost almost brought it.

make sure you bargain right, trust me they can give much better discounts.

I know that they try to hard sell. In fact they phoned me to tell that they have got two pieces of S 606(one was pre booked by a customer by paying advance) which may get picked up if i dont hurry. My concern is that S series may not be as good as their C(Concert) series which is out of my range. S 606 has dual 5 inch midrange plus 8 inch sidefiring woofer and it appears reasonable at 27000 for the configuration(speaker),specs and the build quality,which of course could be brought down by a couple of thousand. I felt that 606 could be better suited to HT purpose.

My thought was also on S 516 plus sub 200(12k +13K=25k) as i am partial to a sub even in stereo mode(2.1) in music for deeper bass at lower volume.
i.e versus S 606. Soundwise 516 was crisp without losing the bass definition.

In our forum we donot have much discussion on Jamo. So i could not have some opinion on matching amp for the desired sound signature. Given the dearth of amps in their showroom it would be difficult to arrange various amps for my audition.

Jamo S (Studio) series is their cheapest range. They are certainly not audiophile grade speakers but better than Wharfedale entry level, IMO. They are eager speakers if you know what I mean. People coming from Sony/Philips one-box systems would love those to bits. However, the fun stops (with S series) at that. They are a fun speakers to have but don't expect any mid-range refinement, imaging and such.

Polk Audio and Klipsch also have speakers at the same price point (or slightly above), they are much better in comparison. You might also be able to get some much much better speakers for not that much extra. Dali Zensor, KEF Q300 for example.

Did they called you to tell that one speaker is booked. Lol. guess what they did the same with me and next time when i came they hide one. its the same strategy they use i guess.

Jamo Concert series are very good for the price point(the discounted one). specially the monitor C803. it was the top runner when i was in the market. but i mistakenly heard Sonus Faber ;) and just couldn't make myself buy anything else. for me it had to be fabers or nothing else. i listen to Jamo like 6 times in 3 weeks, dali's like 4 times in 2 week just to convince that jamo's are good as well. but in the end jamo's lost.

if you can stretch a budget a little C803(44k approx) can be a very good start to Hifi and later on add a sub if you are bass head. concert series are very fuzzy about their placement though. i also auditioned Concert series Towers but they were very costly from the performance perspective.

i listened to Dali but on second and third count i found it little too bright for my liking. and same goes for polk. Klipsch are horn based and very bright. they suit HT the best not quite as musical. but thats my perspective. cinebells have Klipsch as well so you can audition both the brands under same roof.

you can also try KEF. infact take your timeout. listen to as many as you can. have you auditioned any other brand ? if not make sure you do that.

you can audition B&W bookshelf in CP,
you can audition Monitor audio in ghitorni
you can audition ELAC in CR park
KEF in CR park as well
Dali in GK M block
PSB in lajpat nager central market.

above are just the pointers so that you can plan your weekends accordingly ;)

Jamo's were taken over by audiovox and thier focus moved from music to HT. i think concert series was the last of the speakers which were designed with music in mind but after that nothing else. Plus the quality of Jamo's went down. you can compare the build quality of C803 with others and can easily see the stark difference between S and C. that is why no one talks about Jamo's any more.

also, more the number of speakers doenst mean better the sound.

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back