JBL Denon Onkyo Pioneer Toduroki or Sony?

nambiar910

Greetings My friends,

After going thru all the posts, here, I have hope that my search will end here and I will have an answer. Here is my requirement:

A powerful home theater
should have a very powerful sub woofer
I am not bothered about 3D can go without it.

purpose - Movies mostly
Budget - 75,000 to 1Lac INR

Most of my friends suggest Bose but they are bloody expensive.
Recently one of my best pal suggested Pioneer TODORUKI, the name itself was odd then again I have not yet visited any of the shops or tested anything yet.

Please requesting you all to help me find a good store in Bangalore where I can see and hear, I mean a demo.

Thanks in advance

:) SK

Hi ,
You have a pretty decent budget .

I have heard Todoroki for few minutes. Did not impress me. It has fancy look as well which puts me off. However it was not a proper audition room.

Dont think for sony if you have that much budget.

First thing you do is tell yourself that you are not going to hurry and be patient. After that start your audition journey(showroom,friends,forum members etc). It takes some time to realize what kind of sound signature one likes. So give yourself that time.

There are many options in your budget. Marantz, Harman kardon, Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon all have good models.
Wharfdale, Polk,Paradigm, Boston,JBL Have good speaker packages.

Your split could roughly be
1)AVR:About 30k
2)5 satellites (4+centre): about 30k
3)Sub woofer : about 20k
4)some amount for interconnects.

Be clear about 2 things

1) stick to the budget(unless you are very rich)

2)your own ears are your best friends for the choice. Some people are satisfied with 10k home theatre in a box and some are unhappy even after spending more than 100k. So Listen to as many systems as possible and believe in what your ears like.

Last edited:
woow thats a quick and good suggestion J thank you, and yes you are correct loads of people and sales guys did confuse me. But for the now I am very patient and doing loads of browsing and analyzing :)

Greetings My friends,

After going thru all the posts, here, I have hope that my search will end here and I will have an answer. Here is my requirement:

A powerful home theater
should have a very powerful sub woofer
I am not bothered about 3D can go without it.

purpose - Movies mostly
Budget - 75,000 to 1Lac INR

Most of my friends suggest Bose but they are bloody expensive.
Recently one of my best pal suggested Pioneer TODORUKI, the name itself was odd then again I have not yet visited any of the shops or tested anything yet.

Please requesting you all to help me find a good store in Bangalore where I can see and hear, I mean a demo.

Thanks in advance

:) SK

dont even look at BOSE.............there are much BETTER systems available that will give you better sound and more value for money!!! you have a good budget, do not waste it buying BOSE!!!

Hi ,
You have a pretty decent budget .

I have heard Todoroki for few minutes. Did not impress me. It has fancy look as well which puts me off. However it was not a proper audition room.

Dont think for sony if you have that much budget.

First thing you do is tell yourself that you are not going to hurry and be patient. After that start your audition journey(showroom,friends,forum members etc). It takes some time to realize what kind of sound signature one likes. So give yourself that time.

There are many options in your budget. Marantz, Harman kardon, Onkyo, Yamaha, Denon all have good models.
Wharfdale, Polk,Paradigm, Boston,JBL Have good speaker packages.

Your split could roughly be
1)AVR:About 30k
2)5 satellites (4+centre): about 30k
3)Sub woofer : about 20k
4)some amount for interconnects.

Be clear about 2 things

1) stick to the budget(unless you are very rich)

2)your own ears are your best friends for the choice. Some people are satisfied with 10k home theatre in a box and some are unhappy even after spending more than 100k. So Listen to as many systems as possible and believe in what your ears like.

+1 to your views jaudere. Can't be any clearer. Every word of it.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back