Jio STB surround sound issue

Hey guys. Finally update on this issue. This problem is with apps on Jio STB no other hardware or software problem. As Amazon Prime app is made available on Jio STB I quickly got the subscription and found out this app is supporting Dolby Digital Plus my In UI it shows titles with 5.1 but my AVR verified the signal to be a DD+ 5.1 signal. Late but finally they put out some sort of real surround sound format tho only for 5.1.
Hi,
I got the jio stb few days back. Not getting 5.1 sound. Tried Hotstar-only stereo sound. Are you getting 5.1 on Hotstar as well? If yes, could you pls share the audio settings in jio stb.
Thanks

Mr. Amit Ishu
I am also having Videocon D2H STB, there is option for normal audio and 5.1 audio, but when I select 5.1 audio from STB then there is no audio output in TV, kindly help me I have MI 43A TV..

Thanks
Dharmendrasinh
Mi tv decodes only dts streams. It don't support DD5.1

Hey guys. Finally update on this issue. This problem is with apps on Jio STB no other hardware or software problem. As Amazon Prime app is made available on Jio STB I quickly got the subscription and found out this app is supporting Dolby Digital Plus my In UI it shows titles with 5.1 but my AVR verified the signal to be a DD+ 5.1 signal. Late but finally they put out some sort of real surround sound format tho only for 5.1.
So Does 5.1 audio work on JIO STB PrimeVideo App?

Jio STB has Optical Out ie SPDIF BUT no app on jio STB supports 5.1 playbacks not even Amazon prime or Hotstar the only way you can get 5.1 audio is thru the Photos app if u want to play multi-channel movie using SPDIF port the movie has to be DTS or Dolby Digital AC3 (NOT Dolby digital plus ie E-AAC) and currently only Photos app can play multi channel audio files or movies using Pen-Drive. no app such as hotstar or PrimeVideo has that support. trust me I have tried contacting PrimeVideo Support and jio Support all that they told me is that the H/W doesn't Support it and they cant provide any solution on this (see attached Photos of the conversation)
what you people can do is to contact them again and again until they provide support or solution to this!
PrimeSUpport2.png

It does work on jio stb. I have connected as jio stb-tv- avr.
What !? how is that possible I have tried everything have you connected your Jio STB to your AVR via SPDIF port or Through HDMI Cable
if u using HDMI can you please try using the SPDIF port to Connect STB to your AVR And then try the Prime APP??

What !? how is that possible I have tried everything have you connected your Jio STB to your AVR via SPDIF port or Through HDMI Cable
if u using HDMI can you please try using the SPDIF port to Connect STB to your AVR And then try the Prime APP??
I have connected the stb to tv and tv connected to avr via arc. Tv is set to passthrough. Dont hv spdif so cant test that. I believe you have already tried the sound settings in stb

Will test my Jio stb and update. I generally use the fire TV so the Jio stb is not connected in my main TV room with the HT. I will try out whether I get surround sound through optical and hdmi ARC from the settop box. Getting 5.1 on prime/hotstar/netflix on fire TV

Will test my Jio stb and update. I generally use the fire TV so the Jio stb is not connected in my main TV room with the HT. I will try out whether I get surround sound through optical and hdmi ARC from the settop box. Getting 5.1 on prime/hotstar/netflix on fire TV
Did you get 5.1 on stb. Let me know if i should share settings on my stb.

have you tested it? please let us know

Even I am getting 5.1 audio through 4K Jio Setup Box.

I have connected Setup box directly to the AVR and then TV. But I have tried arc too and even that worked, Jio to TV and then AVR.

Settings are on Auto in audio settings. Don't change it, I guess changing it to PCM gave me stereo as well but don't remember correctly.

All apps give me 5.1 if the content has 5.1 codec. Hotstar IPL matches used to be 2.1 if i remember.

Ok Not sure where to start... Is it the Jio that is at fault or is it everyone else that is at fault Something is not right about this.

Earlier JIO 4K STB use to support 5.1 via Photos app & photos app was able to play AC3 codec with certain limitations. You'll not be able to control the volume from Jio STB but you can do the same via AV receiver or your HT. Recently "Like few days back" Jio forced update the photos app on Jio STB and there is no way to go back to older ver. Which was possible earlier, where you use to do the factory reset & now that is no more an option. My STB was 2 years old so thought probably the new ver of STB will not have this issue. Opted for a new connection and noticed something that I would like to share.

Jio STB supports Dolby however when you connect the STB to internet for the first time it does takes away that option from you no reason why.

so attached are the pictures when we first connected the Jio STB to the TV and skipped connecting it to the internet. Later when its connected to the internet it'll update the software all these options that you see in the attached pictures are gone.

So anyone has an idea what exactly is the Jio Strategy here. Are the planning to send an update anytime soon or do you think they will further raise pricing for there plans and sell same JIO STB by with new OS & will advertise it as 4k Dolby JIo STB.

Funny thing my TV supports Dolby as well. Plays MKV with AC3 codec perfectly but won't send across the Audio via optical cable & ARC is not an option anyway.

So any wild guess what can be the resolution to all this.

Jio STB has Optical Out ie SPDIF BUT no app on jio STB supports 5.1 playbacks not even Amazon prime or Hotstar the only way you can get 5.1 audio is thru the Photos app if u want to play multi-channel movie using SPDIF port the movie has to be DTS or Dolby Digital AC3 (NOT Dolby digital plus ie E-AAC) and currently only Photos app can play multi channel audio files or movies using Pen-Drive. no app such as hotstar or PrimeVideo has that support. trust me I have tried contacting PrimeVideo Support and jio Support all that they told me is that the H/W doesn't Support it and they cant provide any solution on this (see attached Photos of the conversation)
what you people can do is to contact them again and again until they provide support or solution to this!
View attachment 56760
Sometimes I am getting dolby AC3 5.1 sound in jio set top box playing video through USB and sometimes no sound comming only video play. Is there any setting to play dolby 5.1 sound, really very much irritating.

Not al the apps but getting 5.1 output thru Disney+ app, while watching Cars 3 movie (Hindi) i m Getting Dolby Digital Plus (5.1) out thru Hdmi to my avr-onkyo 609..

I realised this when I could not control the volume thru Jio remote. And then DolbyD Plus came up on d avr too. .

I have issue about Surround Sound from Jio STB. I have Jio STB 2022 model. Its connected to Sony 32 inch LCD TV (12 years old).
The issue is, when I am watching any TV show on Zee5 or SonyLiv, dialogue Audio level is very low, while background music is very high. If I increase TV audio level to listen dialogues clearly, Background music audio level also increases even more. It gives headache if I watch any show for more than 60 min :)
This issue is not seen while watching Live channels from JioTV+.

I have Airtel Xstream STB connected to same TV. Such Audio issue is not seen with Airtel STB and for same TV shows/OTT apps, Audio of dialogues and Background music is at same level.

I tried PCM/SPDIF/Auto Audio settings, but no change. So what setting should be changed to get rid of this issue?
I don't have compatible Audio System or Sound bar to route Audio through that.

I have issue about Surround Sound from Jio STB. I have Jio STB 2022 model. Its connected to Sony 32 inch LCD TV (12 years old).
The issue is, when I am watching any TV show on Zee5 or SonyLiv, dialogue Audio level is very low, while background music is very high. If I increase TV audio level to listen dialogues clearly, Background music audio level also increases even more. It gives headache if I watch any show for more than 60 min :)
This issue is not seen while watching Live channels from JioTV+.

I have Airtel Xstream STB connected to same TV. Such Audio issue is not seen with Airtel STB and for same TV shows/OTT apps, Audio of dialogues and Background music is at same level.

I tried PCM/SPDIF/Auto Audio settings, but no change. So what setting should be changed to get rid of this issue?
I don't have compatible Audio System or Sound bar to route Audio through that.
did you try outputting stereo from your set-top box?

As I mentioned in my first post, Jio STB has only these options under Audio settings - PCM/SPDIF/Auto.
I connected Amazon Fire TV Stick to same HDMI Port (HDMI 2), it also had same issue for Zee 5 app (more background music compared to dialogues). But Fire TV stick had some dialogue enhancer setting, so it was audible (and bearable :)).

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back