JL AUDIO E110 or REL T9X Subwoofer

IMO your best bet of the choices you listed is the 1508 in terms of "nightclub bass". A sub does not contribute to the mids, at most they may contribute or become the main source of midbass (80-300Hz). "Fast" bass is typically the result of extended sub response on the top end, excellent sub/speaker integration, a lot of mid-hi at just the right frequency, coupled with a relatively low mass high motor sub, low inductance and finally one that has a sloping downward response below 50Hz, or in other words, not much low bass. If we leave out the parts about integration/setup, the sub that will *likely* have the "fastest" sound will be the T7i. The JL is a budget model for their line, it is also a high mass and at least medium excursion sub from a quick glance IMO, given that it will likely not have a good motor/mass ratio, poor inductance and also it will probably have too much low end to be considered fast compared to the T7i. Between the 10" and 12" JL definitely the 12".

These are my educated guesses, please do have a listen before you buy :)

Edit : On closer inspection I think 2x T9 ought to give you what you want, or in the ballpark both in terms of speed and volume.

Last edited:
IMO your best bet of the choices you listed is the 1508 in terms of "nightclub bass". A sub does not contribute to the mids, at most they may contribute or become the main source of midbass (80-300Hz). "Fast" bass is typically the result of extended sub response on the top end, excellent sub/speaker integration, a lot of mid-hi at just the right frequency, coupled with a relatively low mass high motor sub, low inductance and finally one that has a sloping downward response below 50Hz, or in other words, not much low bass. If we leave out the parts about integration/setup, the sub that will *likely* have the "fastest" sound will be the T7i. The JL is a budget model for their line, it is also a high mass and at least medium excursion sub from a quick glance IMO, given that it will likely not have a good motor/mass ratio, poor inductance and also it will probably have too much low end to be considered fast compared to the T7i. Between the 10" and 12" JL definitely the 12".

Edit : On closer inspection I think 2x T9 ought to give you what you want, or in the ballpark both in terms of speed and volume.
Thank you so much for all that information.
Sorry to bother you.
Just one last question from you mate, What if i go for the Rel's S510?
I think it'll be good for mids and highs and also digs deep.
Is it possible that it might be the safest bet for me?

IMO the S510 will likely sound subjectively slower than the T7, what you want is not deep extension but rather the opposite. Less extension is part of what makes a sub "fast" sounding. You could go for lower extension but for the type of music you linked it is detrimental IMO.

Not a bother feel free to ask whatever you'd like.

Edit: When I said mid-hi I meant midrange and high frequency, from 300Hz to 20KHz.

@SuyashMoorpana - It seems all roads lead back to the same conclusions.

I'd say hold on to that itch for a couple of weeks more instead of making a distress purchase cuz you're in the unique position of being able to checkout two dialed in REL T9i's (though it's a tall order, carry your focals if you can) and also the JL sub at the dealers (somebody on the forum mentioned the dealer is in NCR) and see which one does it for you. AV Zone in Delhi also carries SVS and XTZ so you can round out it up with those subs in your audition list. You may be out of luck with auditioning a Rhythmik though... but never say never.

Last edited:
Can any of you guys go through the specs sheet of my loudspeakers in the link below and enlighten me on a few topics?

I read 2 things about low frequency
First is frequency response +-3db at 49hz to 28khz.
Second low frequency point which is at -6db 39hz

So my first question is how low can my speakers go?
Second can you let me know what's the lowest and highest a T7i would go? As I am considering a pair of those.
What is the lowest and higest frequency on the JL audio's E110 and E112?

What I am thinking is that if 2 T7is are added I might just be happy with the low end even if they don't dig too deep.
I am 50% satisfied with the bass my loudspeakers produce.
I am pretty sure the Rel's would go deeper than my speakers and might just fill up the other half of the missing low end.

Maybe I don't need a JL Audio's sub or a HT series from REL.

Can you also let me know what does +- DB means before a frequency? Why is it simply not the lowest or highest a loudspeaker can go?

I hope these answers just help me conclude on what's best for me.

Last edited:
@SuyashMoorpana - It seems all roads lead back to the same conclusions.

I'd say hold on to that itch for a couple of weeks more instead of making a distress purchase cuz you're in the unique position of being able to checkout two dialed in REL T9i's (though it's a tall order, carry your focals if you can) and also the JL sub at the dealers (somebody on the forum mentioned the dealer is in NCR) and see which one does it for you. AV Zone in Delhi also carries SVS and XTZ so you can round out it up with those subs in your audition list. You may be out of luck with auditioning a Rhythmik though... but never say never.
Hey,
Do you mind sharing your contact with me to connect in future in the messages?
Would love to checkout your wonderful setup. :)

I would definitely get two subs instead of 1. I would also look at subs without dsp if music is a priority. Xtz, Two ht1205s for 50-50 music movies or T7s for 60-40 music and movies are good choices. On whatever you are getting a good deal, you can go ahead with. You will have to absolutely worry about positioning of the two subs and their integration with the speakers. With the same pair of subs, I have been tweaking and fine tuning the placement, crossover, level and room correction for the last few months to being rewarded with a much better and better sound...changes so drastic that makes my whole system sound different. Buying subs is easy..getting the integration right is the most difficult aspect. I just feel that our rooms could be so limiting, that spending on top of the line subs might not be worthwhile given that the most optimal position in the room could also not get you close to their true potential. I also strongly feel that servo subs in sealed cabinets is not a good choice. Its a huge compromise on the dynamics. This is after my extensive demo of rythmik line which was my first shortlist when in the market few months back. The dynamics are so poor that they give a false sense of good integration.But it changes completely for ported. Also connectivity options are so important. High level connection will help. Having bass management on amp will help. Room correction will help. All this will transform the same sub into a different beast

I would definitely get two subs instead of 1. I would also look at subs without dsp if music is a priority. Xtz, Two ht1205s for 50-50 music movies or T7s for 60-40 music and movies are good choices. On whatever you are getting a good deal, you can go ahead with. You will have to absolutely worry about positioning of the two subs and their integration with the speakers. With the same pair of subs, I have been tweaking and fine tuning the placement, crossover, level and room correction for the last few months to being rewarded with a much better and better sound...changes so drastic that makes my whole system sound different. Buying subs is easy..getting the integration right is the most difficult aspect. I just feel that our rooms could be so limiting, that spending on top of the line subs might not be worthwhile given that the most optimal position in the room could also not get you close to their true potential. I also strongly feel that servo subs in sealed cabinets is not a good choice. Its a huge compromise on the dynamics. This is after my extensive demo of rythmik line which was my first shortlist when in the market few months back. The dynamics are so poor that they give a false sense of good integration.But it changes completely for ported. Also connectivity options are so important. High level connection will help. Having bass management on amp will help. Room correction will help. All this will transform the same sub into a different beast
Hey,
Thank you for putting in the efforts to guide me bro.
I have actually purchased one. JL Audio's E110.
With all the knowledge and expertise you have..Could you please give me some inputs on my latest thread in the link below?
Much appreciated!! :)

Very well explained here :)

A sub that hangs up the boots at 40hz, will sound faster than a sub that can dig down to 20 Hz. The sceince being that the lower it goes the slower the driver has to work with a deeper extension.

For example, to produce a 1 Hz frequency note, the sub has to complete one cycle in 1 sec. That is super slow , if both subs are restricted to 40hz output only, they should sound equally fast.

But as one sub is conveying information upto 20hz, as compared to the other sub stopping at 40hz. It will sound relatively slow.

So an update though it ought to have been ideally posted by @SuyashMoorpana. He finally took delivery of the JL Audio E110 a couple of weeks back and was kind enough to invite me over to check it out.

my impressions? Firstly, i was taken aback by the size. It was incredibly compact and in fact, nearly as diminutive in its dimensions as the T9i except a couple of inches deeper. Controls are pretty straightforward with adjustments for gain, crossover and phase which is adjustable in increments upto 270 degrees.

Initially, the bass seemed a little low and after running a few REW+Umik 1 measurements, we determined that the bass had been set 10 dbs below the low frequency extension of the Focal 826s which was going down to 43hz in Suyash’s room.

after setting the crossover to approx 40-45hz which had initially been set at 60hz and turning up the gain a few notches, we were able to get a flat frequency response of down to 17hz (if i remember correctly) and a -3db extension of 14hz! In one word, astounding - especially for a sealed sub with such incredibly compact dimensions; it really beggars belief.

though i couldn’t spend much time with the system, after setting up the sub properly, i was simply blown away by the low end impact. Being sealed and having a small 10 inch driver, the sub was fast and had no problem keeping up with the few test tracks that i usually play for reference.

Is it as fast as the T9i? With the limited amount of time that i spent with it, i couldn’t tell if the sub was falling behind and to my ears, kept up with the music. But it was really the low frequency extension that i just keep coming back to. Reverting back to the T9i revealed how much sub 20hz extension adds to the experience. The difference lies in not the T9is being unable to deliver the requisite bass or missing any notes but in the E110s ability to add to the atmosphere by making your furniture give you a righteous back massage.

Can’t speak for Suyash but to my ears, this was definitely akin to/better than night club bass. I’d say mission accomplished.

Last edited:
Thank you @DB1989 for coming over and helping me out with setting the sub.
You are always welcome to come back and spend as much time as you want the system.

So before finalising I checked out a couple of options from Focal, Emotiva, SVS and a couple of other brands which were all 12 inches.
When I first saw the sub I was really amazed by the size of it in comparison to the other 10 inch options.

When I first heard the sub I was floored by the performance as it IMO was performing better than all the other subs I had demoed including the 12 inch options the difference in quality of bass was easily noticable.

I have never found it lacking speed no matter how fast or difficult a track I throw at it.
What really impresses me is that there is no distortion at all no matter the volume is cranked or the sub is performing at it's max potential.

The bass is clean. creamy and obtrusive.

Being able to dig deep and getting anywhere close to an owner of Rel T9i's not being able to make out a lot of difference in terms of speed is a huge compliment for the E110 I would say.

The gain at around +3DB/2 o'clock sounds good to me which means I have a fair amount of headroom.
I would say it'll pair up with the speakers ranging from about 2-4 lacs pretty well.
The Chora 826's would have definitely been overwhelmed by the E112.

I am more than happy with the performance and would highly recommend the sub.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back