JRiver User Discussion

While trying this feature I'm getting a driver signing error. In the driver the notes show
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

The jriver media is sitting in the device manage with a yellow exclamation mark and is unusable at this point! .Am in trail period,is this the problem.
Any solution.
Thanks and regards.
It's a Windows security feature.

Open JRiver and uncheck install WDM driver from Options>General

Delete this file: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\JRiverWDMDriver.sys

Try this to turn driver digital signature enforcement off: https://windowsreport.com/driver-signature-enforcement-windows-10/

Open JRiver and check install WDM driver from Options>General

Now open Device Manager to see if it installed OK.

I think some tweaking has been done on the Sox resampler . I also felt the switching between multiple dsp filters was much more smoother .Easily the most tangible improvement is in loading of playlists and the library ( I do have a pretty big list and there was some lag in 24) , video playback has improved quite a bit ,earlier versions did not handle DVD ifo files very well..25 plays it smooth ).. if you’re currently using bitperfect with no dsp and don’t much care for video then you may not need this upgrade (anyway you can install it parallel to 20 and try it for one month before deciding if you want to buy it or not )
In JRIver the best way to go about this is enable the WDM driver.
JRiver then handles all audio coming into the machine.

With WDM enabled, everything including Spotify, web browser, Youtube etc goes through JRiver.

Run Media Center as an Administrator and go to
Options > General and scroll down to the Features section.
Check the WDM Driver and close Media Center.

Thanks Nikhil
Trying out j river and also Spotify through it

Has anybody upgraded to the new v26 version?
I had done it earlier but didn't like how the WDM driver worked.

Looking at installing v26 once again sometime this week not that I have some time.

I had upgraded to the MC 25 sometime in Nov 19 when they were offering a 30% discount. They said that this upgrade will work through till MC 26 when it is available 2 months later.

I use a Mac and the mac version of MC 26 will be available sometime later this month.

Still not happy with the j river sound as compared to the foobar. Any recommend settings apart from memory play to enhance the sound quality from default settings.I am using metrum octave dac with wasapi.

Has anybody upgraded to the new v26 version?
I had done it earlier but didn't like how the WDM driver worked.

Looking at installing v26 once again sometime this week not that I have some time.

I am running 26 since it was released . Some areas that I could perceive improvements were in handling large playlists ( doesn’t crash like it used to ) . The library metadata handling is better. SACD iso files don’t behave finicky in the library if you move them around on the file system.
Havent had the time to check out all the new updates but I feel you can skip 26 if 25 is already working well for you.

Still not happy with the j river sound as compared to the foobar. Any recommend settings apart from memory play to enhance the sound quality from default settings.I am using metrum octave dac with wasapi.
Few points that you could check :
1. When a file is playing check the processing chain to see if any DSP is applied.
2. If using WASAPI driver ,push the sample rate on windows sound panel to 24/192 ( enable exclusive access )
3. Check that the dither mode to be jriver bit-exact dithering
4. Use Sox for resampling.
5. Disable volume handling on jriver/system , do it on your dac/amp.

the above should get you bit perfect playback which theoretically should be same from any player that is rendering the source file as is to your dac without any colouration.

Output wasapi
Pre buffering 20s
Buffering 500ms
File from memory.
Audiophile fidelizer is on.
I'm getting good sound in the above settings but the software is hanging when I stop the song.
What are the minimum change in settings to make it stable.

Hello,

I have a question regarding JRiver. I wanted to know if the audio visualizer can be brought down next to where the Album Cover Art display area is:

JRiver.jpg

Like in the above screenshot, I would like the audio spectrum bars which appear above to show right next to the cover art, is it possible?

Hello,

I have a question regarding JRiver. I wanted to know if the audio visualizer can be brought down next to where the Album Cover Art display area is:

JRiver.jpg

Like in the above screenshot, I would like the audio spectrum bars which appear above to show right next to the cover art, is it possible?

Lovely album though... All super Rod Stewart songs...

Hello,

JRiver.jpg

I don't think so as it's one of the preset skins(UI). If you want to have a spectrum analyzer there, you may choose from the Visualizations by right clicking the cover art section. I like the classic version of it within the 'Dark Edition' skin. There's also a spectrum analyzer of the cover art itself. Looks weird though. Just in case you haven't tried & want to give a try..

Got an update that JRiver 30 is available at the early bird price. I shall download the trial and check soon.
Anybody got their hands on it? Impressions? Worth the upgrade from 25 ?

Got an update that JRiver 30 is available at the early bird price. I shall download the trial and check soon.
Anybody got their hands on it? Impressions? Worth the upgrade from 25 ?

I got the notification but did not install as it looks like it isn't a final release.
I think these are still beta releases which are open to early adopters.

I don't remember the changes from v25 but on the whole I have become quite happy with JRiver.
I use it quite extensively for Library Management which is one of it's best features IMO.
In terms of sound, JRiver is as good as any other playback software out there.

I got the notification but did not install as it looks like it isn't a final release.
I think these are still beta releases which are open to early adopters.

I don't remember the changes from v25 but on the whole I have become quite happy with JRiver.
I use it quite extensively for Library Management which is one of it's best features IMO.
In terms of sound, JRiver is as good as any other playback software out there.

Thanks Nikhil for your views.
As it's been quite a while playing around with 25, in fact few years, thinking about 30 now. Yes, same here, no complaints about it; makes things easy :)

Actually, MC30 is final and I'm running it. If you're still running version 25, you might want to consider upgrading as there have been many changes since. Instead of me rattling off a bunch of stuff you can check these links...

There's also a new spotlight feature that was introduced in MC29, which provide better information about artists.

As far as performance over MC25, that's hard to I moved from 24 to 26 to 28 to 29/30. Thay had a deal that if you bought 29, you'd get 30 for free upon release, thus how I went from 28 to 29/30.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back