Just bought Yamaha YHT-299

Thanks gp_freak and machos for the info,

I finally bought YHT-299 from Reliance Digital. :yahoo: I opted out DVD player as I already have one and got Rs.1500 off plus got a Reliance Gift card worth of Rs.1500 valid for 6 months.

I have ordered a set of speaker wall mounts from Tono systems. Will have to wait for it to mount the surround speakers.

One quick question though: Is there any preferred height at which to mount the speakers on the wall to get optimal perf?

Thanks to all the folks on this forum, got a lot of info from here. :)

Thanks gp_freak and machos for the info,

I finally bought YHT-299 from Reliance Digital. :yahoo: I opted out DVD player as I already have one and got Rs.1500 off plus got a Reliance Gift card worth of Rs.1500 valid for 6 months.

I have ordered a set of speaker wall mounts from Tono systems. Will have to wait for it to mount the surround speakers.

One quick question though: Is there any preferred height at which to mount the speakers on the wall to get optimal perf?

The rear speakers should be around 2 ft on top from the ear level. The angle should be in 90-110. The Center speaker should be straight inline and should be at ear level. Fronts apart from each other around 6-10 ft and angled towards the listening position.

This is what I have read on many forums and followed at my home using YHT 299 and I am satisfied with the results.

hello guys, Im new this forum. After reviewing your reviews ( of course some cons too) I finally bought 299, Sony BDP. Waiting for installation, to be done tomorrow. Any points to be noted and informed tech before he starts installation, please let me know Thanks in advance .

@satyasekhar. I also brought YHT-299 online. Are you installing your self or taking help of service center? If service center can you please share me the price and contact details.

@Amarnath: I bought from Reliance Digital but their guys just show whether it is working or not, not sure technically how much perfect they are. So I've installed ( wallmounted )and believe me it is damn good.

Re:YHT-299 in B'lore?

After reviewing your reviews ( of course some cons too) I finally bought 299, Sony BDP.

@satyasekhar. I also brought YHT-299 online. Are you installing your self or taking help of service center? If service center can you please share me the price and contact details.

Guys! Even am looking for this YHT-299 in B'lore. Could you please let me know your purchase location/shop and price.

Also, please let me know how you are going about installing the same?

@kudla, I brought it online from Amazon.in as I was having gift card. I guess Reliance digital is providing good discount.

@kudla, I brought it online from Amazon.in as I was having gift card. I guess Reliance digital is providing good discount.

RD is quoting me 33K for YHT-299. Is this good price?

Also, what is the power requirement in terms of wattage for this YHT-299(AVR + Speakers)?

As, I am on a 50" plasma TV which consumes approx. 400 watts and our Inverter backup is of 1KW, am worried whether it can support the TV + HT combo.

Please advise.

Re: YHT-299 in B'lore?

@Kudla, I bough it for 31K which is a good deal. They quoted me 34, and I dint take DVD player so got 1500 discount and 5% extra discount comes to 31. Try to bargain as much as you can with RD,

Re: YHT-299 in B'lore?

@Kudla, I bough it for 31K which is a good deal. They quoted me 34, and I dint take DVD player so got 1500 discount and 5% extra discount comes to 31. Try to bargain as much as you can with RD,

Could you let me know which RD in B'lore?

Also, any idea about the power demand(AVR+Speakers) of this system?

Could you please let me know, which RD in B'lore and also the price?

Usually, the height would be 6 feet from the floor for the surround/satellite speakers.

hi, guys i want to setup home theatre.. i want movies and music both. daoly usage of music
pls tell me is the yamaha 299 very much low in base??? i am really confused. i dont have time to research that much. i dont want to repent afterwards after spending so much money..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back