Just bought Yamaha YHT-299

Hi Hemant, Thank you very much for sharing your experience with HDMI it was very helpful. Yesterday I bought new Hama HDMI 2.0 for INR 699 with ARC capability and it worked instantly. Now I can hear the sound of TV from receiver. Thanks a lot.... The issue is solved.

It's been about 2 weeks with my Yamaha 299. I have been listening to music both Hindi and English, watched a few movies. Here are my thoughts:
1) Some Movies play superb but for some I feel the vocals sound very low compared to the background score. And if the volume is turned high to listen to voice the score becomes way high.
2) While listening to music the sound from the front and centre is good. But I get very low volume from the surrounding speakers, hence do not experience the feeling of surround sound.
3) Woofer sound is ok while playing movies but in music the woofer does not give the desired effect.
Please any body can help me to get good sound from the surrounding speakers and woofer while playing music.

Increase the level of center speaker.... and your movie dialogues may become more prominent.
Have you calibrated your system?

Not calibrated yet using ypao. But entered the speaker distance manually by taking measurements. Today I checked the connections of all speakers and found that the RD fellow who came for installation had not connected the surround speakers cables incorrectly. Red to black and black to red ports. I have connected them now. The volume from surround speakers is still lower than the other speakers. Hence not fully getting the experience.

Not calibrated yet using ypao. But entered the speaker distance manually by taking measurements. Today I checked the connections of all speakers and found that the RD fellow who came for installation had not connected the surround speakers cables incorrectly. Red to black and black to red ports. I have connected them now. The volume from surround speakers is still lower than the other speakers. Hence not fully getting the experience.

The surrounds wont sound as bright as fronts as these are used only during a sequence which involves surround effect. In action scenes you would get good sound from the surrounds and this also depends on the way movie has been recorded. The dialogs are thrown using the center speaker and so make sure you have set it a bit brighter than fronts. You can also try with more +db for surrounds to make them sound a bit brighter.

For stereo music playback just use "Direct" mode option so that only the front L & R speakers play the entire music. Or if you want to use the subwoofer as well then I think check for music mode option whereby only the front L & R speakers as well as the sub comes into play.

Thanks Neoonwheels and Manniraj for reply. I will try it and let you know. But I had one doubt I read somewhere that we should not play +db more often or else the speakers starts clipping, till now I have not gone above 0 db and i could still manage to get good loudness to experience the feeling of HT. I hope it will not affect speakers.

Thanks Neoonwheels and Manniraj for reply. I will try it and let you know. But I had one doubt I read somewhere that we should not play +db more often or else the speakers starts clipping, till now I have not gone above 0 db and i could still manage to get good loudness to experience the feeling of HT. I hope it will not affect speakers.

Forget what you have read. My surrounds are at +5 Db.

Btw, Speakers don't clip, its the Amplifier which clips actually.

Ensure all the speakers are in phase and run the YPAO to start with.

Yes you are right it is not the speaker but amplifier, Please find the quote below:
"0 dB on an AV Receiver

So how does all this relate to your AV receiver/preamps volume control settings? Think of 0 dB on your AV receivers volume display as a kind of maximum loudness setting beyond which you may drive the amplifier into audible distortion or clipping. "

The point that I mentioned is from this site. "http://www.axiomaudio.com/understandingdb"

Yes you are right it is not the speaker but amplifier, Please find the quote below:
"0 dB on an AV Receiver

So how does all this relate to your AV receiver/preamps volume control settings? Think of 0 dB on your AV receivers volume display as a kind of maximum loudness setting beyond which you may drive the amplifier into audible distortion or clipping. "

The point that I mentioned is from this site. "http://www.axiomaudio.com/understandingdb"

Ah ha... You are talking about the Volume dial and we were mentioning about speaker level calibration. If your surrounds are less audible, then you need to make then more louder.
Btw, I have gone full +16.5 db when testing for some 15 minutes in stereo mode with floor standers. No Clipping of HTR3066.

Now the things are becoming more clear to me, +db for the calibration is different than +db of the volume dial. Have I understood correctly?
So no problem will occur to hardware (speaker) if calibrated +db but there can be problem if used continuously +db with volume dial. Right!

Now the things are becoming more clear to me, +db for the calibration is different than +db of the volume dial. Have I understood correctly?
So no problem will occur to hardware (speaker) if calibrated +db but there can be problem if used continuously +db with volume dial. Right!

Yes, go to setup-speakers and you will see the individual speaker level callibration

Hi Everyone,

Did any one using speaker stands for surround speakers ? Could you please throw some light on the speaker stands.

Thanks,

Hi. Yht 299 is available in 27000 at paytm.com.... Should i go for it? Is the website reliable? Reply plz

I have bought various thing but not so costly. Till date, I don't face any problem. only problem is there customer care is not good.
while purchasing, make sure to select proper discount code otherwise you will not receive any cashback.

Hi. Yht 299 is available in 27000 at paytm.com.... Should i go for it? Is the website reliable? Reply plz

Check the seller rating and bit googling will give his real feedback from customers. Also check same on desidime site.

Price seems good but need to confirm from Yamaha as well about the warranty.

You could also have Reliance Digital`s extended warranty for same, visit them and tell you are getting it via paytm and want their ResQ extended warranty. Not only they will give separate quote but might give you similar offer !

Ordered YHT 299 from Paytm. Seller JMD. Its in transit. Shipped via Gati Surface from Kanpur.
10K cashback received in paytm account.
Hope I made a good decision.

YHT 299 scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.... I have D2H HD Black one. Can somebody confirm if this will work. Or do I need the White one to get the 5.1 surround. I am open to connect the sound output via Optical or HDMI anything.
Also suggest me some good HDMI and Optical cable.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back